Page 82 of 114 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1131
  1. #811
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    164
    Posts
    7,454

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtHighway View Post
    Hi,

    Can anyone point me to right direction?

    My issue is with OC with Ai Suite 3.00.13/DIP5 1.05.14.

    If I change DRAM voltage via TPU I get BSOD.
    This used to work but I had to install Win 10 fresh. After installing windows I installed ai suite and dip5 from the USB stick that came with the mobo.
    Then I installed newer versions of those 2.

    Then I tried to adjust DRAM voltage via TPU and got BSOD and the file that caused it seems to be AsIO.sys

    Before the fresh install of Win10 I think I had ai3 v3.00.13 and dip5 v1.05.13

    My mobo is Rampage V Edition 10

    Thanks in advance!
    Might want to clean things out and install the latest version from the support page before you update to the newer builds.

  2. #812
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    164
    Posts
    7,454

    Quote Originally Posted by Runit View Post
    wel ther is not mutch info you can give on this it just randomly resets
    and i have had problems with this from the start wher it would randomly spin 1 fan to 100% usaly when the pc is not in use i always leave my pc on
    and usaly it happens during the night then i have to set it back to normal and some times i have to do it a few times before it stops
    dont rly know how to replicate it some times it happens in a week sometimes longer on on both problems

    also 5 way optimize is stil broken stil crashes after the first reboot
    Might be difficult to recreate in the lab. Still no info on board bios version and which Windows build etc.

    Also not enough info regarding the 5-way crash. Is it due to the auto overclock not being stable or something else? If it's oc related you can try adjusting some of the 5-way parameters before you run the test.

    You've got to lay out a better post if you want me to pass things to the replication team.

  3. #813
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array Runit PC Specs
    Runit PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)STRIX Z370-G 8700k@5,1GHz ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-A8G
    MotherboardROG STRIX X299-XE GAMING
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-9800X @4,7GHz
    Memory (part number)CMW32GX4M4C3200C16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX2070-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q
    Storage #1Force Series™ MP510 480GB M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Force Series™ MP500 480GB M.2 SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM
    CaseCooler Master: COSMOS II Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master: V1000
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G933
    OS Windows 10 Pro

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    77

    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Might be difficult to recreate in the lab. Still no info on board bios version and which Windows build etc.

    Also not enough info regarding the 5-way crash. Is it due to the auto overclock not being stable or something else? If it's oc related you can try adjusting some of the 5-way parameters before you run the test.

    You've got to lay out a better post if you want me to pass things to the replication team.
    board info is in the bio but its a x99 stix windows buils is the latest and so is the bios but i have given that info multiple times already on the forums and on suport

    the 5 way problems started for me over a year ago when i always made an unstable overclock and other problems with blue screens someting with the usb power saving and fans spinning up but a year has gone buy and stil no fix i did get some of it under controll buy setting the max clock and some other things

    curently i cant even run 5 way when you set it all up the pc wil reboot then when its started it gives the timer 50 or 60 seconds ofter that end you wil see the screen wher it trys to over clock but nothing moves and it just blue screens and reboots and then skips it

    its just really frustrating since i have told then story and the other stuff so many times already i have been using asus since my first pc and have never had this many problems

    x99 stix
    bios 1801
    windows 10 1709

    and on the x99-a ia suit overclocks fine it just crashes from time to time
    dont know the bios on that also not shure if thers any other probles that pc gets rebooted alot more so
    so far have not had a fan reset on that one yet

  4. #814
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X @ 4.0 GHz
    Installed RAM: 32.0 GM
    System Type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor
    MB: ROG Zenith Extreme

    Edition: Windows 10 Pro
    Version: 1709
    OS Build: 16299.251

    BIOS Version: 2.17.1246

    AI Suite 3 version: 1.05.14


    • dip4.dll error occurs when selecting fan Xpert in AI Suite 3 (Dual Intelligent Processors 5)
    • After initially installed the OS I installed AI Suite 3 and it ran with no issues, I used the app for days with no issues.
    • It was not until I uninstalled and reinstalled that the error began occurring.
    • I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times and the error does not happen on first startup, it appears after that instance is closed and a new one restarted.


    My uninstall process:
    1. Uninstall App
    2. Kill all ASUS processes
    3. Delete all ASUS folders (program files and programdata)
    4. Run AI3Cleaner
    5. Run CCleaner
    6. Reboot
    7. Run both cleaners again
    Last edited by r45t4m4n; 03-07-2018 at 01:03 AM.

  5. #815
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by nidawson View Post
    Same issue here.

    Prerequisites:
    - Asus Maximus Formula X + 8700K
    - Windows 10 Pro x64

    1. Install Windows
    2. Install AI Suite 3 1.05.14 DIP5 thing
    3. Setup a custom fan profile after rebooting the necessary number of times in FanXpert. Something dependent on Water In temperature or such.
    4. Reboot.
    5. FanXpert never works again and gives DIP4.dll crash. (Don't have exact copy as I uninstalled it all but something about memory access violation).
    6. Uninstall, use AI cleaner
    7. Repeat 1-6 replacing step 2 with - install 3.0 then 3.13 patch then 1.05.14
    8. Repeat 1-6 replacing step 2 with - install 3.0 then 1.05.14 patch

    Any more steps/details needed? We're really not doing anything radical here.
    Exact same procedure here, exact same outcome. Curiously I also have an Asus Maximus X Formula.

  6. #816
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    164
    Posts
    7,454

    Thanks, guys, will report this back.

  7. #817
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    164
    Posts
    7,454

    Quote Originally Posted by Runit View Post
    board info is in the bio but its a x99 stix windows buils is the latest and so is the bios but i have given that info multiple times already on the forums and on suport

    the 5 way problems started for me over a year ago when i always made an unstable overclock and other problems with blue screens someting with the usb power saving and fans spinning up but a year has gone buy and stil no fix i did get some of it under controll buy setting the max clock and some other things

    curently i cant even run 5 way when you set it all up the pc wil reboot then when its started it gives the timer 50 or 60 seconds ofter that end you wil see the screen wher it trys to over clock but nothing moves and it just blue screens and reboots and then skips it

    its just really frustrating since i have told then story and the other stuff so many times already i have been using asus since my first pc and have never had this many problems

    x99 stix
    bios 1801
    windows 10 1709
    Yeah, the 5-Way info is kind of all over the place, so it's difficult for me to piece together anything conclusive for a replication, sorry. It could just be instability on that CPU and the starting parameters for the ratio.

    For the other build you mention, it can be that, too. The default time for the test is only 15 seconds, and that can sometimes pass, and sometimes fail. In cases of failure, a BSOD may occur (as with all overclocks).

  8. #818
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array Runit PC Specs
    Runit PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)STRIX Z370-G 8700k@5,1GHz ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-A8G
    MotherboardROG STRIX X299-XE GAMING
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-9800X @4,7GHz
    Memory (part number)CMW32GX4M4C3200C16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX2070-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q
    Storage #1Force Series™ MP510 480GB M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Force Series™ MP500 480GB M.2 SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM
    CaseCooler Master: COSMOS II Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master: V1000
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G933
    OS Windows 10 Pro

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    77

    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Yeah, the 5-Way info is kind of all over the place, so it's difficult for me to piece together anything conclusive for a replication, sorry. It could just be instability on that CPU and the starting parameters for the ratio.

    For the other build you mention, it can be that, too. The default time for the test is only 15 seconds, and that can sometimes pass, and sometimes fail. In cases of failure, a BSOD may occur (as with all overclocks).
    i have set longer times it just kept gowing to hig but atm i cant even get that far since it just crashes now mabe il do an other clean install soon dont know wil be the 5th time on this board never done so many clean instals on 1 board

    i just just hope aus make some new software someting thats a bit more stable and mabe someting wher you can have profiles for stuff like fans and over clocking
    like it is in gpu tweak 2 that works rly wel

  9. #819
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    164
    Posts
    7,454

    Perhaps it's time to embrace manual overclocking. The software is merely a starting point and cannot optimize an overclock the same way a savvy user can.

  10. #820
    ROG Enthusiast Array Phrawst PC Specs
    Phrawst PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus IX Hero
    Processori7-9700k
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Trident RGB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX 2080
    MonitorALIENWARE AW3420DW
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerDeepcool Castle RGB 280
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplyEVGA Supervoa 750W G2
    Keyboard ROG STRIS FLARE
    Mouse Logitech G502 Spectrum
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAsus
    Phrawst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    50

    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Perhaps it's time to embrace manual overclocking. The software is merely a starting point and cannot optimize an overclock the same way a savvy user can.
    Pretty sure its time to embrace another brand if that is your mentality towards your customers.

    "Well I guess you guys are right, our software is garbage. Do it yourself in the BIOS."

Page 82 of 114 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •