cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed for ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING

bhavvv
Level 7
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-I-GAMING/

I've already read everything on the product page, and downloaded and read the manual.

Before I place my order for this mobo and an 8700k, I need to know the following:

Does using either of the m.2 slots disable any of the 4 onboard sata connectors?
Can both the m.2 slots be used at the same time?
What are the maximum number of drives - SATA and m.2 I can use together with this board.

Currently I use 2x6 Tb HDDs in raid 1 for storage and backups, and 2x1 Tb SSDs for all my games and programs, = 4 Sata ports all used up.

I will then need to additionally also use at least one m.2 drive as a boot disk with Windows.

Will I be able to use all four of my current drives plus one m.2 drive (sata prefered for lower cost) without any of the 4 SATA connectors being disabled?

The manual nor the website specify that any of the ports will be disabled if they are all filled, so I am believing I will theoretically be able to use 6 drives with this motherboard, 4 sata and 2 m.2.

If this is so I will order this board and my 8700k and cooler soon, please advise.
0 REPLIES 0