cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for RMA?

endowestern
Level 7
Does anyone know how long to expect for a laptop RMA in the US takes?

I had to send back my GX501for RMA in December.

It shows that they have received it, and just shows "your product is currently in repair". I have not received any updates on the repair status on my laptop as well. It previously said my product number on the RMA site as well, and now it does not.

I know this RMA is my own fault, and am very thankful for ASUS for fixing my mistake! However, I would like to know approximately how long I can expect to be without my computer.

Thank you again ASUS!
6 REPLIES 6

endowestern
Level 7
Anyone?

I see that Asus has received my laptop on 12/27, and it is coming up on a month?

More insight:
http://www.legitreviews.com/asus-video-card-rma-experience-turnaround-time-2017_197459

They literally don't give a crap about their customers. Seriously. 30 day turnaround time for a technology company in 2018 is absurd. I just became an anti-Asus activist 😄

endowestern wrote:
Anyone?

I see that Asus has received my laptop on 12/27, and it is coming up on a month?

It seems to vary dramatically. I've read people say they got stuff back in a week and others like you wait more than a month. It seems to depend a lot on the availability of replacement parts. If they have them on hand it's quick but when they don't have them, parts probably have to be reordered from Asia.

I'd start with a call to customer support and if you don't get anything there post in the Service Inquiries section of this forum.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
I apologize for the inconvenience caused, please provide me your RMA# and I'll have this rectified for you as soon as possible.
Sorry for the trouble.

my RMA number is uscyhc3328