cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermal Radar 2 is horrible..

aaronsta1
Level 7
i have a z87 sabertooth armor board with TR2 installed from the website..
i have the chassis fans, 1 and 4 setup so at 45c they are stopped, and as soon as the temp hits 45c they are 60% all the way to 75c then it goes to 100%. i also have it set so there is no delay.

so basically the graph is L shaped sideways..

this temp is set to pcie1
fan 1 is rear and fan 4 is bottom

i also have the 240XL cooler from CM and the CPU fans are both connected to cpu and cpu_opt
the pump is connected to assist1 it took me forever to figure out how to keep this program from turning my pump off.. there should be a switch in the software that this is a pump.

unfortunatly the CPU temp never goes above 35c so i just have the radiator fans at 40% sollid.

everything is working fine when the pc is idle the chassis fans are off.
but when i play a game and the pcie1 temp hits 50c or so, the fans turn on and off and on and off and on and off.. ugh..

according to the graph the dot is set solid at 60% the whole time.. :confused:
its like the board wont give the fans constant power. it also doesnt matter if i set the delay, that actually makes it worse as then the fans never hit 60%. even if i put it to 204 seconds, which is like 3 and half minutes, the fans turn on and off within seconds.

is there any trick to making this program work? i really dont like the fans on all the time as its sort of noisy.
1 REPLY 1

WowMags
Level 7
aaronsta1 wrote:
i have a z87 sabertooth armor board with TR2 installed from the website..
i have the chassis fans, 1 and 4 setup so at 45c they are stopped, and as soon as the temp hits 45c they are 60% all the way to 75c then it goes to 100%. i also have it set so there is no delay.

so basically the graph is L shaped sideways..

this temp is set to pcie1
fan 1 is rear and fan 4 is bottom

i also have the 240XL cooler from CM and the CPU fans are both connected to cpu and cpu_opt
the pump is connected to assist1 it took me forever to figure out how to keep this program from turning my pump off.. there should be a switch in the software that this is a pump.

unfortunatly the CPU temp never goes above 35c so i just have the radiator fans at 40% sollid.

everything is working fine when the pc is idle the chassis fans are off.
but when i play a game and the pcie1 temp hits 50c or so, the fans turn on and off and on and off and on and off.. ugh..

according to the graph the dot is set solid at 60% the whole time.. :confused:
its like the board wont give the fans constant power. it also doesnt matter if i set the delay, that actually makes it worse as then the fans never hit 60%. even if i put it to 204 seconds, which is like 3 and half minutes, the fans turn on and off within seconds.

is there any trick to making this program work? i really dont like the fans on all the time as its sort of noisy.

You think it’s bad now? *Wait till you uninstall it and get crippling BSODs. **