ROG Enthusiast Array

CPU Insecure (Asus G752VS) - The Worst Flaw In Intel History

In late 2017, Brian Krzanich, who has been chief executive of Intel since May 2013, sold as much stock as he was contractually allowed. Months later, news broke that two massive security flaws had been found in variety of computer chips — with Intel's hardware being under particular scrutiny. Then, in November, Krzanich sold off $39 million of stock for a tidy profit of $25 million.
    There have been several reports recently of potential security flaws in all chips made by Intel, AMD and AMR processors. Researchers revealed that all CPUs made in the last two decades are vulnerable to potential exploits. While all eyes have been on Intel this week with the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities, a disclosure was publicly made this week surrounding AMD's PSP Secure Processor in an unrelated security bulletin. AMD's Secure Processor / Platform Security Processor (PSP) that is akin to Intel's Management Engine (ME) is reportedly vulnerable to remote code execution.

Now, whether technicians define it as a hardware bug or a secret "NSA - New World Order" function inside my 7th generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor, the fact is that I'm booting my €2500 expensive Asus G752VS laptop with the following result:

$ grep cpu_insecure /proc/cpuinfo
    bugs: cpu_insecure

The Meltdown Story: How A Researcher Discovered The Worst Flaw In Intel History
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-intel-history
    Everyone Is Affected: Why The Implications Of The Intel "Bug" Are Staggering
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...are-staggering

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1GTX980
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

* Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!