cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first ever build, little help please?

robertdouglas22
Level 7
First time building a PC, quick question. For my AIO(cooler master master liquid 120) which headers for I use? I have yet to boot, still need my GPU to arrive. I set everything I have up already, but want to know if I used the correct header. I plugged the pump into the header labelled water pump, rad fans into the headers marked rad fans, and the case fans into other fan headers. I have not used CPU fan, or CPU opt. I have read in some search results around different forums that I have to have the one labelled CPU fan populated. So instead of stumbling though the dark, I figured I would ask on the forum of those who have the same board I'm running.
Build list is:
Mobo, crosshair extreme

Cpu, ryzen 1600

Psu, thermaltake tough power rgb 850w gold

RAM, Corsair dominator c14 3200mhz

GPU, msi gaming x 1060

Exhaust fan, thermaltake riing 12

Intake fans, 3 rgb cooler master (stock in case) and 2 cooler master sorry balance(stock with cooler) the rad is set up push pull with the front case fans

Case, CM master box 5

Ssds, nvme Samsung 256gb, and Samsung Evo 500gb

Cooler, cooler master master liquid 240

Paste, kryonaut

That's all i can think of for now, anyhow, if I could get get some help with the header question, I'd love it, thanks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
14 REPLIES 14

robertdouglas22
Level 7
robertdouglas213 wrote:
First time building a PC, quick question. For my AIO(cooler master master liquid 120) which headers for I use? I have yet to boot, still need my GPU to arrive. I set everything I have up already, but want to know if I used the correct header. I plugged the pump into the header labelled water pump, rad fans into the headers marked rad fans, and the case fans into other fan headers. I have not used CPU fan, or CPU opt. I have read in some search results around different forums that I have to have the one labelled CPU fan populated. So instead of stumbling though the dark, I figured I would ask on the forum of those who have the same board I'm running.
Build list is:
Mobo, crosshair extreme

Cpu, ryzen 1600

GPU, msi gaming x 1060

Intake fans, 3 rgb cooler master (stock in case) and 2 cooler master sorry balance(stock with cooler) the rad is set up push pull with the front case fans

Case, CM master box 5

Paste, kryonaut

That's all i can think of for now, anyhow, if I could get get some help with the header question, I'd love it, thanks.

Here's where I've plugged in rad fans and pump.

xeromist
I don't have your board but you are referring to the fact that some systems will not boot without a CPU fan because they think the CPU will get damaged. If this is the case with your board you will either need to plug a fan into it or disable the CPU fan option in the BIOS.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I don't have your board but you are referring to the fact that some systems will not boot without a CPU fan because they think the CPU will get damaged. If this is the case with your board you will either need to plug a fan into it or disable the CPU fan option in the BIOS.
Ok, well I'll try both when I get it all put together next week or so. Some things take forever and a day to ship FPO.

Vlada011
Level 10
I see you bought Crosshair VI Extreme.
I just look some unboxing clips and think about switching to AMD.
Maybe Ryzen not OC so good, but AMD compensate that will support for AM4 to 2020.
Maybe second generation will OC better, CVIE is real board for Ryzen.
Enjoy in Ryzen, at least you will not lost performance.

I search for way how to install new OS and update only to 1607 and avoid new security patches.

Mod EDIT: Vlada, please stay on topic. Robert is looking for advice.

Vlada011
Level 10
Now I see I made first mistake in life with platform, somehow my decisions was always right, I avoided bad and hit good platforms. But no this was not possible to predict,....Instead RVE10 + Monoblock I should bouthg Crosshair VI Extreme. I would easy sell RVE and i7-5820K for 1800X.
1800X is only 390 euro on some places available to me. Jesus. Now is over if I do that I will not save money on time for new GPU.

Intel deserve to suffer. Not from us. We should influence on companies who use servers to replace E5 and E7 with AMD EPYC 7601.
He was available on Newegg before 3 days for 3000-3500$ I think. Now is not avaialble any more, it's removed from list of other EPYC processor.
That would be most wanted server processor in 2018 - 2019.
That will hurt Intel, not gamers who switch from Z370 to X399.

jbasemoine
Level 9
robertdouglas213 wrote:
Build list is:
Mobo, crosshair extreme

Cpu, ryzen 1600

GPU, msi gaming x 1060

Case, CM master box 5

Paste, kryonaut

I looked at the manual of both cooler and the Mobo.
I would to try to use the CPU_opt and CPU_Fan connectors and see how that goes, i don't think it is smart to plug it into the waterpump header, and as far as i understand the verry limited manual of cooler master (there master in making unclear manuals :S) the Pump connector of you're AIO is a 4 pins connector
where the Pump connector on the board is a 5 pins connector.
I would also put the Pump connector in the CPU_fan connector and the fans in the CPU_Opt connector and see if that works, if not i would switch those 2 around.
If both setups don't work you can always put the pump header.

Chrome_N
Level 9
robertdouglas213 wrote:
Build list is:
Mobo, crosshair extreme
[...]

hope your build is going well - and you are right: the water pump goes into the 4-pin W_PUMP+ header of the mobo (pages 1-23 and 1-24). I am using this setup with my CHVIE and a Corsair AIO pump, plugged the radiator fans into the CPU headers and control their speed via CPU heat (the most direct way I could imagine). Working all fine here.

lightknightrr
Level 8
Out of mild curiosity, did you come up with this build list yourself, or did someone help you?

VRBabe81
Level 7
I don't have the extreme motherboard just the hero and I've got my aio cooler corsair h100i v2 plugged into the aio pump header and the rad fans connected to the aio pump splitter. Doesn't the extreme have the same headers? My aio cooler is on auto so no need to use bios or corsair software unless you need to change the fan curves and rgb.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]