ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

X299-E gaming 1102 turbo core?

One thing I've noticed after upgrading to the latest 1102 bios for this board is that my 7980XE no longer seems to reach the single thread performance as the previous BIOS, which I would just accept as part of the patch, but here's the thing---when I overclock the cpu to a constant 4.4 on all cores (what the cpu is supposed to give you in single thread turbo), it gives me the same single core output as older bioses used to with proper working turbo core.

This has been verified to be the same whether or not the ITB 3.0 client/driver is installed (with MFC Driver Override) or without ITB driver and OS Native selected in the BIOS. It also immediately returns to normal single thread performance if I flash to the older bios.

It is worth noting that multi-core performance is normal, actually slightly higher with 1102, so this appears to just be a turbo issue.

Anybody else notice this?

New ROGer Array

Strix X299-XE gaming, i9-7900X. Same problem.

AIDA64 Stability Test - 4.0GHz on 1102, 3.6 on 1004, 7-Zip benchmark with 1 thread - decompress always fails. Intel Extreme Tuning Utility - stress cpu test instant fails, stress memory test fails after 40 seconds. I rolled back to 1004.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Wow, I didnt get any errors, it was just that the single thread turbo wasnt working as well as previously. Other than the overclock to 4.4 (which I just did to test single thread performance with the Spectre fix) I dont generally overclock though.