cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long loading times on HDD and SSD

shankly1985
Level 8
Hello guys I have a strange issue happening here. I have 3x Samsung SSDs and 3x Seagate 2TB HDD all running Sata 6gbs when I have my PC only for couple hours and I try to load a game from either my SSD or HDD the game will just Not response with either a white screen or Black screen.

Motherboard HERO X running latest BIOS and drivers with Windows 10 64bit running latest.

Anyone had this experience? At first I thought my SSD was breaking but now I seeing this happen on all my drives. Speed testing comes in good also.
6 REPLIES 6

Raja
Level 13
You post implies that everything is fine before you hit the two hour mark? Check event viewer and see if anything is logged as timing out when you try to launch a game. I'm assuming the system is running at stock speeds (no CPU or memory overclock?)

Raja@ASUS wrote:
You post implies that everything is fine before you hit the two hour mark? Check event viewer and see if anything is logged as timing out when you try to launch a game. I'm assuming the system is running at stock speeds (no CPU or memory overclock?)

Hello I tested both stock and with an OC. two hours is a bit of a hearsay the time seems random. I have been testing something today though that might have fixed it. In the BIOS I had my boot device using the Windows Boot Manager, I changed this to boot directly to my Windows SSD and so far I not had the issue PC has been running for over 10 hours and games are continuing to load normally.

Will keep this thread updated. Might help someone else.

Thanks

Raja
Level 13
Perhaps some kind of issue with Fast Boot compatibility.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Perhaps some kind of issue with Fast Boot compatibility.

I did try turning off Windows Fastboot but not tried turning off BIOS FastBoot.

This happened again last night 😞 It doesn't seem like its released to how long the system is running. It happened this morning on a cold boot up.

Menthol
Level 14
Quick question and may not have anything to do with your issue
When you installed Windows did you have all these drives connected to the board? It is best to only have the drive your installing the OS on connected during install then connect the rest after as sometimes Windows may install some of the files onto another drive causing issues
Are your games installed on the OS drive or another drive

Menthol wrote:
Quick question and may not have anything to do with your issue
When you installed Windows did you have all these drives connected to the board? It is best to only have the drive your installing the OS on connected during install then connect the rest after as sometimes Windows may install some of the files onto another drive causing issues
Are your games installed on the OS drive or another drive

Hello I had the drives connected but they wasn't formatted yet.
All my games are installed onto HDD and SSDs the OS is alone on a Samsung EVO 250GB

Thanks