Rampage VI Extreme Boot Issue

Yarjard
Level 7
Hello guys,

CPU: 7940X
MB: Rampage VI Extreme - BIOS 1004
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C16-8GTZR - 8G*4

I got some boot issue with my RVIE
First is cold boot. If the computer was switched off for a while or maybe just a few minutes , when i turned on, it suddenly shut down without post and reboot again.
Sometimes it will take even three or four times to login the system normally.
I have tried all of the released BIOS but in vain.
Load default setting didn't work either.
Another weird things is after update the bios ,then boot on my computer, it will automatically reboot "even pass the post" just like the cold boot issue
I remember my X79 System(RIVE+3930K) won't automatically reboot if it pass the post after update the bios Unless the updated BIOS contains irog chip updates
10 REPLIES 10

G75rog
Level 10
Sounds normal. Turning off power the power supply will cause the MB to institute the !st Post routine and individually test each bank of RAM before entering normal post.
Updating a bios will cause the same action.

G75rog wrote:
Sounds normal. Turning off power the power supply will cause the MB to institute the !st Post routine and individually test each bank of RAM before entering normal post.
Updating a bios will cause the same action.

Thanks for reply!so if I turn off the PSU then turn it back, it will casue this issue?
But how about automatically reboot after pass post? Say it clearly is shutdown suddenly then boot again.
And sometimes it will start up like "boot->shutdown suddenly->reboot->post" or "boot->shutdown suddenly->reboot->shutdown suddenly->reboot->post" .

meankeys
Level 13
This is normal - No worry's

meankeys wrote:
This is normal - No worry's

Okay...so"boot-> pass post -> shutdown suddenly(like power loss)-> reboot -> pass post->login windows" is normal for x299 system?
I though pass post means "everything is ok" so it shouldn't suddenly shutdown then reboot...
I've never experienced this on my X79 system,if pass post it will log in to windows without shutdown and reboot

JustinThyme
Level 13
This is typical of most desktops. When you remove power. speciically the 5V standby everything is reinitialized. I dont know about yours but mine never posts until the initialization is done. It will light up with the first one being VERY brief then off and back on with the lights coming up and watching the Qcodes you can see whats going on. This is typically 3 cycles until it actually posts and you ge the logo screen. I cant speak for all of them but my last 4 builds did this when power is removed.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

tistou77
Level 13
I also have a double boot when the PSU was off before (boot => shutdown => boot)
If the PSU is not off between the boot, no double boot
But this issue only happens with the ram above 3200mhz, normally
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

G75rog
Level 10
Oh for the days of the IBM XT and a simple bios... I think I still have some of the eproms around here somewhere.

I am having the same issue. Seems to be doing it after most recent bios update.
Every time I switch my pc on in morning after it being shut down overnight it will not start first go.
It jsut stays as a blank screen with now ROG bootup menu.
I have to power down by holding the power switch for about 5 seconds then try and start again.
It usually starts a second time after I have done this.
Boot up still takes about 40 seconds, which is ridiculous.
quite frustrating.

I have the 7980XE and R6E with 128 G.Skill trident Z and dual 1080Ti not being run in SLI

I have penetrated my mobo with two -16gb and four ram-32/64gb kits(seperatly) sticks 😄 ,boots just fine,40-50sec,if I shut power off on psu,even then it starts normally about 1 min to get into desktop.(when gpu check on OLED pass,than came ROG sign)...Even when I remove my CPU from mobo,there is no restarts when I power on.It just say new CPU detected,run BIOS.-open bios,set optimized settings than exit,and voila boot just fine.*same behavior on all bios versions*
Standby works flawlessly too,it need 2sec to wake up.
Maybe you should contact Asus support to check with them what's up with your systems...