Nvidia Driver 390.65 Released

toronto699
Level 13
9 REPLIES 9

Nate152

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
NP here

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

Heini
Level 11
I'm trying these drivers because of the 64bit thing but so far I don't see any improvement over the 388.71 I was using nor have I suffered any troubles from them.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I have a bug. before staring windows. there are some artifacts that was not present on the past driver. I will try tomorrow to upload it. I am still using the current gputweak. That only appear before windows start screen.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Nate152
Hey guys !

Here's a video with 390.65

No noticeable performance gain or problems as Heini says.

1440p, highest settings, FPS in the upper right corner.

Nate152 wrote:
No noticeable performance gain or problems as Heini says.

"No noticeable performance gain or problems" as Nate152 says Heini says.
I'm coming from the 390.77 drivers. This time I took a small performance hit but picked a small image quality gain in my favorite games so it's a wash with me. I'll probably stay with these till the next set in a couple of weeks. For some reason I've noticed a slight I.Q. gain with both nVidia driver sets since they dropped 32bit support and my best guess it's from better Titan support since the Titan XV was released.

edit to add.... if these drivers don't offer anything in the release notes for your particular problem... don't waste your time! Otherwise they are only O.K.

toronto699
Level 13
Wow Nice Play

Nate152
Thanks toronto699

One thing I notice with this driver is it doesn't save the color settings on a cold boot.

Nate152
Hi Heini

Yeah I see they released 390.77 today, I'll install it and see if it keeps the color settings.