cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751 JT randomly stops charging

SuperWeapons277
Level 7
So I have had problems with this laptop where the battery would only get to 84% and would randomly stop charging and die, so I put a new battery in it. It worked for a few days, and while the 84% charge problem has been fixed, now it will randomly stop charging until it dies, and will only start charging again seemingly when either it cools down or it has been a long time. It does this most preeminently when I start to play any games that have high hardware demands. What can I do about this?
4 REPLIES 4

warryabel
Level 7
search forum for this...it gives many treads about this and the dead battery thing...

I think i was one of the first with this problem here...

xeromist
***Thread not appropriate for Service section. Read sticky for requirements. Moved to Notebook area. ****
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Hi, I will be happy to know any advancement on your situation.

I also changed the battery 2 times, and now I'm afraid there is some issue with the graphic card driver made by the wondrous company that is NVIDIA.

see this link (cosmicBoy reply)
https://fr.ifixit.com/Answers/View/309232/Laptop+will+not+charge%2C+does+not+recognize+power+cable

You "only" need to replace the DC-IN PCB, I had the same problem on my JY.
The DC in are identical in both models, note that they have different part number, but they are the same.