Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

ASUS please AI Suite II

Just upgraded the CPU fan from Scytech to Noctua NHU14S last Saturday - great silent PC with the FX8350 M5A97. Monday patch - Sh.t, now I have a loud PC again. We have 50+ PCs with Asus boards in our institute - I allways recommended to buy ASUS - the above is my private one. If Asus does not fix the problem we may use other boards in the future ....

ok ASUS.... this may only be 20-50 systems per year ... but obviously I am not alone if you read threads...

ROG Member Array Keerah PC Specs
    Keerah PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Acer R7
    MotherboardASUS P8P67
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 2600K @4.4Ghz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix GTX1080
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix GTX1080
    MonitorDell
    CPU CoolerScythe Ninja
    CaseNZXT H630
    Power SupplyCorsair 750
    Mouse Evoluent Vertical 4
    Headset AKG
    Headset/Speakers AKG 712Pro
    OS Windows 10 64bit
    Network RouterZyxel
    Accessory #1 Space Navigator
    Accessory #2 Wacom
    Accessory #3 Oculus DK1

Lightbulb switched to SpeedFan

Damn you Asus for this.
    Though i've got managed to set up SpeedFan to control the fan speeds. It's nice, free, and lightweight utility but quite tricky to setup. It also gives you compound triggers (combined data from different sensors) to control your fans. It detected my both GPUs sensors as well, so I can use their data to control chassis fan for example. So... even better than the ****ty Suite II. Give it a try. To give you a quick start begin with setting these to manual mode.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-01-12_19-19-21.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	70476

The only problem I have is that SpeedFan reports my CPU temperature as -60, but cores temps are good, so I made that compound advanced feature to control the CPU fan.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-01-12_19-27-25.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	70477
    Last edited by Keerah; 01-12-2018 at 04:28 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by DrT_Music View Post
    If Asus does not fix the problem we may use other boards in the future ....

ok ASUS.... this may only be 20-50 systems per year ... but obviously I am not alone if you read threads...
    Time to find a different brand I'd say, can't afford to be chucking out expensive, perfectly good hardware due to some dud software. You'd think someone would have responded by now.

New ROGer Array Antikythera PC Specs
    Antikythera PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G73JH-A
    MotherboardRampage IV Extreme, H81M-A
    Processor3930k @ 4.7Ghz, G3258 @ 4.6Ghz

Quote Originally Posted by lpd-au View Post
    You'd think someone would have responded by now.
    The lack of response is very concerning.

I have about three thousand dollars worth of personal ASUS gear. ASUS motherboards have been what I recommended to friends and family for the last 10 years.

My main system is on a Rampage IV Extreme. A $500 purchase when it was new. I would be disappointed if AI Suite II is not fixed to work with the Meltdown patched Windows 10 or AI Suite III is not made to be compatible with older motherboards.

New ROGer Array

Alot of good might come if the moderators spent more time answering polite and reasonable questions and less time locking threads, that's for sure.

Antikythera PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G73JH-A

Quote Originally Posted by lpd-au View Post
    less time locking threads
    Yeah the fact the only thread with a response about an update for AI Suite II was locked, by the same ASUS representative, makes their response seem less convincing. If you are on damage control, locking threads and making placating statements are par for the course. Perhaps we need to take the discussion to reddit or twitter?

New ROGer Array

That'd be great if someone with alot of followers jumped behind it.

ROG Enthusiast Array geniusdevil PC Specs
    geniusdevil PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS G30AB
    MotherboardASUSTeK G30AB Z87 Chipset
    ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 4 Core(s)
    Memory (part number)16GB DIMM DDR3 1600 MHz clocked @ 1605 MHz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX 960 OCDC2 2GB
    MonitorBENQ XL2411Z 144hz 1ms
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB on AHCI
    Storage #2Toshiba SATA HDD 3TB on AHCI
    CPU CoolerCorsair H60
    CaseASUS G30AB
    Power Supply700W
    Keyboard ASUS Keyboard
    Mouse Logitech G500s Gaming Mouse
    Headset SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full-Size Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries
    Headset/Speakers BOSE Companion Multimedia Speakers III
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterC9 Archer Very fast!
    Accessory #1 Xbox Wireless Controller
    Accessory #2 ASUS BT400
    Accessory #3 HP w2558HC 1920x1200 as second monitor.

Greetings my brudaas with issues*
    I must say I'm delighted to see ya all with AI2 issues... Hehehehehe ...don't take me wrong, cuz one feels a little better after finding more people in the same troublesome boat. Though, it's unpleasant, but seeing others going through the same pain somehow lessen your own.

I thought my PC was invaded by some crypto miners, cuz I occasionally go to "free" websites for some "free movies" hehehe... and, lately my 3-pin chassis fan was going nuts; running crazily... at one point, I started using the backside of my g30ab desktop as a hair blow dryer ....I did everything, bios update, win8 installation, win10 installation, older/newer AI2 Suite installation, Malwarebytes, this block and that block -- in short, I was going full moon/bananas!!! *i actually like bananas and could have eaten myself, but then I found this thread, and now I feel better*

Listen up, y'all Asus mods, my g30ab with i7-4770K is as good as the modern i5-8600K, and I will suck the juice outta this PC for 2-3 years more... Cuz when I purchased it for $1600+ I was broke, and I still am! So you better fix your **** or else... or else, I won't buy anything from Asus, cuz I'm already broke.*

New ROGer Array

Unhappy

Really hoping to hear something soon.

I've got a P8-Z69/GEN 3 with an i5-2500k. Since AI suite has been borked it's been running loud and getting higher than usual CPU usage.
    This was the first PC I've built and have been happy it's lasted me this long. Up until recently it's handled everything I could throw at it. I tried playing around with SpeedFan as suggested but I'm not sure it's working properly on my system. It says my CPU is a solid -60C. I'll give it another shot later though because I don't have much of a choice at the moment.

Antikythera PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G73JH-A

Quote Originally Posted by RAJA@ASUS View Post
    Newer platforms and versions get updates first. Then things trickle down. The teams are busy at present, so no defined timeline..
    An update on this with any news would be appreciated. I figure a couple of weeks might have given a clearer understanding of the timeline.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast