Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    ROG Centurion true 7.1 Mic Quality [Resolved]

    Hello All,

    I recently purchased the ASUS ROG Centurion true 7.1 gaming headset from OverClockers UK. The serial starts with an H8.

    I am having terrible trouble with the MIC quality, something is not right with it. Having looked around, I believe this is a common issue. Has anyone found a setting in Windows or on the ROG Software that could help with the quality?

    Its so bad, that when I hear play back of my own voice, it does not even sound like me! Must be worse for the people I am communicating with over applications such as Discord & Teamspeak.

    Thanks in Advance.

  2. #2
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by CaseysWorld View Post
    Hello All,

    I recently purchased the ASUS ROG Centurion true 7.1 gaming headset from OverClockers UK. The serial starts with an H8.

    I am having terrible trouble with the MIC quality, something is not right with it. Having looked around, I believe this is a common issue. Has anyone found a setting in Windows or on the ROG Software that could help with the quality?

    Its so bad, that when I hear play back of my own voice, it does not even sound like me! Must be worse for the people I am communicating with over applications such as Discord & Teamspeak.

    Thanks in Advance.
    Good afternoon!
    I am also very upset by the microphone. I gave a lot of money for these headphones, and eventually got a sound, like it's in barrel. It would be desirable, that Asus would be engaged in this issue. After all, is it a series of ROGs or headphones for five dollars from a wallmart?

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by albertgeitsma View Post
    eventually got a sound, like it's in barrel.
    That is the perfect way to describe the sound! Its nasty! Someone I speak to, (Not A Gamer) believes it is something to do with the AMP.

  4. #4
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by CaseysWorld View Post
    That is the perfect way to describe the sound! Its nasty! Someone I speak to, (Not A Gamer) believes it is something to do with the AMP.
    I wrote three days ago on this issue in support. I'm still waiting

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    It is really annoying. For £180 you would expect a decent product.

    The sound is pretty good, but just the MIC. I don't want to pay out for standalone MIC when this one should do the job.

    I am considering sending it back, but I don't know what would be a the perfect replacement.

  6. #6
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by CaseysWorld View Post
    It is really annoying. For £180 you would expect a decent product.

    The sound is pretty good, but just the MIC. I don't want to pay out for standalone MIC when this one should do the job.

    I am considering sending it back, but I don't know what would be a the perfect replacement.
    It would be better if they corrected the software, added more microphone settings. There are only two functions at the moment. Noise reduction works terribly (Sometimes it just eats the end of words), an ideal voice (this is generally useless thing). I'm very much interested in whether the developers will respond in this chat or it will remain screaming in heaven

  7. #7
    Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    96
    Posts
    1,492

    When you have a serial number (on the box) beginning with H8, it should be the revised version. Feedback from those who received replacements previously has indicated that the revised mic is working as it should. I'll ask the audio team to look into this further and if possible update the software. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    My mic seems to ignore 's' sounds. It makes my speech very hard to understand. For example saying 'sad' comes out as 'ad'.

  9. #9
    Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    96
    Posts
    1,492

    Quote Originally Posted by patricus View Post
    My mic seems to ignore 's' sounds. It makes my speech very hard to understand. For example saying 'sad' comes out as 'ad'.
    Have you checked if you need a replacement yet?

  10. #10
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Have you checked if you need a replacement yet?
    I did. I'm all set to get it replaced. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •