cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE (ROG G551JW), Please Help !!!!!

Abdennacer
Level 7
Hello Gamers,

Please i need your help, i don't know what to do, i have ROG G551JW, i bought it about 3 months now, used one, everything works fine except when i work with photoshop or illustrator ( i guess all Adobe suite) i got a BSOD ( driver power state failure ), i'm a graphic designer so i work a lot with adobe suite, and i searched all over the internet, i found that it's a driver issue, i update drivers, but still the same, is it really a driver issue or a hardware issue ? and if anyone can help me with it please, any proposition, anything pleaaaaaase 😞

PS : this is Whocrashed dump to let you know exactly what happen, thank you so much.

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Tue 09/01/2018 10:33:52 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010918-6203-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14DBA0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE00146BD5880, 0xFFFFF803B8544960, 0xFFFFE00146BCE010)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 09/01/2018 10:33:52 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE00146BD5880, 0xFFFFF803B8544960, 0xFFFFE00146BCE010)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.
1 REPLY 1

ForgeOfGods-G75
Level 7
Might be same crap like with G752 , faulty GPU, try contact asus support with this crash report, they will tell you to reinstall gpu drivers and mb drivers, once you will reinstall them and get same crash, contact them again and they will tell you to send for RMA, in rma they will change MB becouse gpu is soldered , and might be that after that problem be solved 50% guarantee.

Good luck