cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703V HDMI will not send a signal to HDMI on television

bwillyerd
Level 7
I have a new GL703V laptop. I have been unable to connect television to the computer with the HDMI output. I have attempted on two different televisions, one Samsung and one Panasonic. I have removed and replaced the Intel graphics and Nvidia GTX 1050 drivers with no success. Is the hardware bad and I need to return or any other advice you may have.
5 REPLIES 5

StarJack
Level 11
You could try rebooting the laptop with the HDMI cable plugged in and then dropping your resolution down to something ugly, like 800x600 and see if the external display is detected. Then, if it is, bump back up to 1920x1080. Give this a shot, I've seen it work in the past.

StarJack

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

StarJack:
I tried that again and was not successful. It does not seem to be a hardware problem because
the control panel detects the second monitor but will not send a signal or is that definitely a bad card. It is using the Intel graphics card.

bwillyerd wrote:
StarJack:
I tried that again and was not successful. It does not seem to be a hardware problem because
the control panel detects the second monitor but will not send a signal or is that definitely a bad card. It is using the Intel graphics card.

In this case, if you haven't already done so, try another HDMI cable.

StarJack

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
If the second monitor is detected then it should be a matter of changing the settings, make sure to duplicate or extend the display in display settings (scroll down to find it).

If that fails, try another HDMI cable or please send it in for RMA.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
If the second monitor is detected then it should be a matter of changing the settings, make sure to duplicate or extend the display in display settings (scroll down to find it).

If that fails, try another HDMI cable or please send it in for RMA.

Yea, this.^^You should be able to use FN+F8 and have a window slide out with options to extend/duplicate etc.

StarJack