cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Start Problems ( ASUS Maximus X Hero, i7 8700k, G.Skill )

BudBundy27
Level 7
Good day everybody. Unfortunately, I still can not find the problem, why my PC does not start as normal, and that my memory only to 2133Mhz run. Here's my hardware: ASUS Maximus X Hero, i7 8700k (not beheaded and not overclocked), 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600, ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC, be quiet DARK POWER PRO 11 / 650W, AIO NZXT Kraken 62X, m.2 Samsung Evo960, 2 x Samsung SSD 850 Pro. Windows 10 per 64 bit. Case Fan with Controller: Riing Plus 14 LED RGB Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition (5 Fan Pack) My PC is running smoothly, only it starts when the PC is turned on, and then it shuts off for 2 seconds and then starts He returns to normal, and runs. In bios, I have only provided AI-Overclock Tuner on XMP, nothing else. Biosupdate 1003 was made. If I put XMP back on the car, then it goes up normally, and the RAM memory only runs on 2133Mhz. Do I have to adjust something else in the bios, or maybe adjust to manual? Error on the motherboard he shows no synonymous. CPU in idle oscillates between 25 ° and 28 ° degrees. Water cooling connected as in the description. The start with the 2 times, only happens if I take the PC completely from the mains. Thanks for any help.
12 REPLIES 12

RustyS51
Level 7
Hi , are you using Aura and G.Skills software to control your RGB lights? I read somewhere that there were some issues involving Aura and G.Skills RGB ram causing conflicts and even in some cases the corrupting the RAMS SPD Info.

RustyS51 wrote:
Hi , are you using Aura and G.Skills software to control your RGB lights? I read somewhere that there were some issues involving Aura and G.Skills RGB ram causing conflicts and even in some cases the corrupting the RAMS SPD Info.

No, I do not use either software

I am running the same MB, CPU, RAM. I can post my bios settings iff you want.

Exalanoto wrote:
I am running the same MB, CPU, RAM. I can post my bios settings iff you want.

That would be nice if they could do that 🙂 Thx

Thanks for the pictures:)

Did you behead your CPU? He runs with them now on all cores with 4.7?

Then I'll try that as well as with them. Have not yet beheaded my CPU, I'll do next week

BudBundy27 wrote:
Thanks for the pictures:)

Did you behead your CPU? He runs with them now on all cores with 4.7?

Then I'll try that as well as with them. Have not yet beheaded my CPU, I'll do next week

No, i didnt delid my cpu. usualy running under 5ghz is fine without delidding depending on the quality of youre cpu and the capability of youre cooling.
My cpu is set to run 4.7 on all cores, but is also set to back down to 4.5 when it reaches 100% load, as seen in the pictures the Core ratio negative ofset is set to 2.

Youre cpu might need some voltage tweaking, specially on vccio and vccsa as it might not be the same as mine. It realy depends on the quality of the cpu.
Iff youre ram is not stable, vcca and vccio and ram timings in (auto) is usualy to blame for this. You can try XMP to Auto, but sometimes it dosent work like it should.

ErP is turned on.

Mine does this when turning ErP on it sends power to CPU before booting.

Pyro2577 wrote:
ErP is turned on.

Mine does this when turning ErP on it sends power to CPU before booting.

What does this ErP mean? Where do you find that, and do you have to turn that on or off?