cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Audio Devices

fildes002
Level 7
I'm having issues trying to use 2 audio devices with my Maximus IX Code MB. I have a set of speakers which I have plugged into the lime (rear) and a pair of headphones w/mic plugged into the front. When I don't have the headphones plugged in, I get clear sound out of the speakers. However, when I plug in the headphones, I only get sound out of the headphones and the speakers do not show up in the playback devices or on the Realtek interface. Ideally, I'd like to switch between the 2 devices using the Realtek interface, but I can not do this. As soon as I unplug the headphones, I get sound out of the speakers and they now show up in the playback devices and on the Realtek interface. I can't figure out how to switch between the 2 devices without unplugging one. It's not a big deal, just not the most efficient, nor ideal.

All drivers for Realtek and the devices are up to date. Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Chino
Level 15
Are you running the latest audio driver from ASUS? From Sonic Studio III V3.1.xx and onwards, you can map different outputs to different audio streams. 😉

Chino wrote:
Are you running the latest audio driver from ASUS? From Sonic Studio III V3.1.xx and onwards, you can map different outputs to different audio streams. 😉

Yes, I made sure all my drivers were up to date before I posted this. A month later and I still haven't figured it out. Any help would be appreciated.

I might have a fix for you... Uninstall all audio drivers from your main account/user. After that restart and make a new user, then load in and install audio driver. Once installed restart and then load your main user account. I had this audio problem for along time and just played around with it and it works. Its not locked on one and the other doesn't change unless i tell it.

BigJob
Level 10
Dude use Asus Sonic Studio 3, look under device routing, you can have your headphones connected and your other source and 50 other sources and have them all play at the same time or one or none, it's actually pretty neat.

Here's a pic and video on how that's done

https://www.asus.com/websites/global/products/6RfMI11oThscuMX4/img/Sonic-studioIII-ui-light.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U6WOQKrCv0

also the speakers should appear on the windows notification sound icon.

You can also go to control panel > sound and see the speakers there, should be enabled