Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix x370-F Gaming ISSUE with SLI

Sgt_rjm_13_b
Level 7
Greetings,

I have an issue.

Set the new system up it was running two 550ti in sli. I was waiting for my other asus dual 1070 to arrive. Thay 1070 was in my other machine bought about 6 months ago. New one arrives. I power down remove the 550ti's and install the 1070 with HB bridge. Hit power button. Fails to boot with MB white led which is vga issue.

Now both cards work they will work on at a time in all the slots on the new system. They both work in my older gamong rig. System is up and running now with a single card. The only thing that changed was removing 550ti x2 in sli for 1070 x2 in sli.

I cannot figure out why it will not work.

I have read that thw uefi might not allow it to boot becauss it doesnt know that configuration and that it might be best to start from scratch reloading the OS and such while both cards are installed.

Again everything works fine, and works until you try to put the 1070 in sli. Then you get a no boot with the MB white led which indicates vga issue.
12 REPLIES 12

Sgt_rjm_13_b
Level 7
Can this be sent over to the nvidia card section by an admin, since no one has respond with any help here?

MikeAdu
Level 9
Hi.
Could you please clear CMOS or update to latest bios and try again?

Greetings,

I had installed the most recent Bios before attempting the SLI.

I may gave to try clearing the cmos. Can you explain why clearing the cmos may help this issue?

MikeAdu
Level 9
Hi.Maybe default settings in bios will help,we must give a try.Also for getting to BIOS you could try different SLI bridge,try flexible one by connecting one sli connector only,not both.We must try all possible ways [emoji848][emoji16]

I am having the exact same issue. Board recognizes one of my GTX 1080 FE cards in either slot, but when I put both of them in, it halts and doesn't want to go any further. I tried 2 different SLI bridges with the same results. Even without the SLI bridge, the system just hangs. Might be a BIOS issue. System did an update on the BIOS and ever since then, it doesn't want to recognize SLI.

Lemerex wrote:
I am having the exact same issue. Board recognizes one of my GTX 1080 FE cards in either slot, but when I put both of them in, it halts and doesn't want to go any further. I tried 2 different SLI bridges with the same results. Even without the SLI bridge, the system just hangs. Might be a BIOS issue. System did an update on the BIOS and ever since then, it doesn't want to recognize SLI.

Hi,

I also had a similar issue on a Z170-WS and two 1080 Ftw2 cards. After updating bios nothing posted on the screen. Reverting back to old bios fixed issue as did removing one video card. After experimenation I discovered the motherboard was using the second video card to post a picture. So you may be experiencing the same flaw. Try connecting monitor to second gpu.*

moheban79 wrote:
Hi,

I also had a similar issue on a Z170-WS and two 1080 Ftw2 cards. After updating bios nothing posted on the screen. Reverting back to old bios fixed issue as did removing one video card. After experimenation I discovered the motherboard was using the second video card to post a picture. So you may be experiencing the same flaw. Try connecting monitor to second gpu.*

I tried that, the Mobo has status lights that shows what it is doing. It stops the light at the VGA part. And sits there until you reboot the machine and remove the video card. I might try to revert the bios back to original, see if that fixes it.

moheban79
Level 7
Maybe the video cards needtheir firmwares updated..

moheban79 wrote:
Maybe the video cards needtheir firmwares updated..

Even though, the graphics cards individually work fine when they are by themselves in the machine. My previous rig was a Z97 and they both worked fine inside that system. Just this one is having issues. Don't know If I should go back to Intel for the compatibility or just wait for a new BIOS update to fix the issue.