cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix R9 390X fan not spin

Neoclyde
Level 7
Hello to everyone

My Asus Strix R9 390X is working but the fans didn't spin producing overheat (about 94° C) when I play every type of game, but in idle it never crash (about 40-50° C)
What can I do to solve this problem?
BANG! What was that!?!? ...now what stratetKSHT KCHT SHSH Schumacher is going for the lead at la Roggia! And it, right along side and he's going through! Fantastic! Hakkinen fights back! This is magnificent! The lleeaadd changes twice in about ffoouurr hundred yyyaaaarrrrdddsss and Mmiicchhaaeell Schuuumacher lleeeaaaaddss the Italian Grand Prix! (Murray Walker,GP Italia 1998)
4 REPLIES 4

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
If the fans are not spinning at 94° C then there certainly is a problem. Please send it in for RMA.

cljustin
Level 8
Try setting a custom fan curve via the GPU Tweak software.

Neoclyde
Level 7
Update: Because my warranty's gone, I've change the standard cooler of the graphic card with an aftermarket one and the problem was disappeared. I also tried to test the standard cooler with a fan adapter and it doesen't work so the conclusion was the standard cooler of my 390X is broken
BANG! What was that!?!? ...now what stratetKSHT KCHT SHSH Schumacher is going for the lead at la Roggia! And it, right along side and he's going through! Fantastic! Hakkinen fights back! This is magnificent! The lleeaadd changes twice in about ffoouurr hundred yyyaaaarrrrdddsss and Mmiicchhaaeell Schuuumacher lleeeaaaaddss the Italian Grand Prix! (Murray Walker,GP Italia 1998)

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Sorry to hear your cooler has issues, thankfully that's the only issue, not the graphics card.