Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

Quote Originally Posted by DarkishKnight View Post
    What are the "CPU MicroCode" changes about?

Are these to address "Meltdown" and "Spectre"?

Is it even possible to patch existing CPUs to make them safe, or are these changes intended to make them a bit safer?

Does anyone know whether CPU micro code changes may have a performance impact?
    I understand that the corresponding changes to operating systems are known to cause some performance loss.

What is the status for micro code changes to the i7 7700K?
    Is Intel still battling unexpected system shutdowns?
    I think that treats comes by time to time. Is testing what fail. that is how it works. The patches are safe? No idea. as far these subject is being address, so far and as i read and talk with others, so far so good. For me these is intended to bit safer. these DOES NOT FIX or STOP any new problems are just patch after patch.

There is always new challenges that all manufactures are facing, even Asus. As far i test and many others, the code works. and Intel knows that tomorrow a new guys or group will try to exploit new doors. These is how I see these.

The performance hit for us, like you have 7700k, is not perceptible. remember not all is a benchmark run or what hit more numbers. Is how we enjoy and safer are our machines and that is what manufactures like MS and intel with partners missions should be.

I got good numbers and for the first time i can relay on a asetek 240 aio on a 7700k with 5.0ghz 1.335v.