Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 94
  1. #61
    ROG Enthusiast Array ikrananka PC Specs
    ikrananka PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus IX Hero
    Processori7-7700k
    Memory (part number)16GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorDell U3415W
    CPU CoolerCorsair H80i v2
    CaseSilverstone Fortress FT02
    Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    ikrananka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    40

    Quote Originally Posted by Azzadal View Post
    So, does this mean that we can expect another BIOS update in the near future then?

  2. #62
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them
    MrAgapiGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    1,735

    Quote Originally Posted by ikrananka View Post
    So, does this mean that we can expect another BIOS update in the near future then?
    The amount of info that is pump around, most like it. There are other model of board that need these urgent. On our side, z270, is very stable, but i read that on some, there are issues. the question is why. Let see what the weeks unveil. The best is to report any anomalies that appears that is bios related. For example in my case. that if i add a AVX value windows react and clock down as AVX instruction number I put. I will continue checking these since there is no info or feedback on that on a post i made. could be my lack of experience, most like it. But still it happens.

    Let see what the week bring

  3. #63
    ROG Enthusiast Array ikrananka PC Specs
    ikrananka PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus IX Hero
    Processori7-7700k
    Memory (part number)16GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorDell U3415W
    CPU CoolerCorsair H80i v2
    CaseSilverstone Fortress FT02
    Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    ikrananka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    40

    Quote Originally Posted by Itzycharles View Post
    The amount of info that is pump around, most like it. There are other model of board that need these urgent. On our side, z270, is very stable, but i read that on some, there are issues. the question is why. Let see what the weeks unveil. The best is to report any anomalies that appears that is bios related. For example in my case. that if i add a AVX value windows react and clock down as AVX instruction number I put. I will continue checking these since there is no info or feedback on that on a post i made. could be my lack of experience, most like it. But still it happens.

    Let see what the week bring
    I have been holding off delidding and overclocking my i7-7700k for months now, hoping that we'd get to a stable BIOS. I really don't want to go through the overclocking process, then find that an updated BIOS results in issues with my overclock such that I then need to redo the full overclocking and testing process. I just don't have the time to do this. So, I'll wait a few more weeks to see if and when a new BIOS arrives and hopefully that people report that it is stable.

  4. #64
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    I have an overheating problem since updating to BIOS 1203. I have an i7 7700k and with BIOS 1009 I was getting up to 5.23GHz and very stable core by core OC and very good temps. like at 5GHz benchmark max temp was 78-84C and no throttling, at 4.8GHz temp was 66-72C; the CPU is not even delidded ! so thats good temps.
    After the 1203 update, max freq I can get is 4.8GHz and with AIDA sys stab.test the CPU was throttling 12-16% with temps over 96C and the red LED on my MB was on all the time when I was doing the stress test; olso the switch for high OC on the MB (top, left corner, near the 8-pin cpu power supply) was set on high OC before and after the update, so there was enough voltage for the CPU.
    my system is ASUS Z270G, i7 7700k, HyperX predator ddr4 3000MHz and gtx 1080 ti, windows10 fcu 16299.125

  5. #65
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by ctdrch View Post
    I have an overheating problem since updating to BIOS 1203. I have an i7 7700k and with BIOS 1009 I was getting up to 5.23GHz and very stable core by core OC and very good temps.
    I forgot to mention that the OC was done using Asus AiSuite3, I can get past 5GHz changing the settings manually. what I've notice is that after going back to bios 1009 with prev. Intel ME and Chipset software on a fresh Windows installation the problem still persist.
    does a bios update can change code in the CPU or BIOS that is irreversible even by going back to prev. version of BIOS? I'm asking because I can't get same results like in the past even with old configuration. its weird.

  6. #66
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them
    MrAgapiGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    1,735

    Quote Originally Posted by ikrananka View Post
    I have been holding off delidding and overclocking my i7-7700k for months now, hoping that we'd get to a stable BIOS. I really don't want to go through the overclocking process, then find that an updated BIOS results in issues with my overclock such that I then need to redo the full overclocking and testing process. I just don't have the time to do this. So, I'll wait a few more weeks to see if and when a new BIOS arrives and hopefully that people report that it is stable.
    So far i have no need for a delid. but i am think making one just to feel comfortable on temps, package temp for the moment i am ok as a normal user. 5.0 in 1.332 volts using a 240 asetek cooler is ok. summer is here i have to check temps again.

  7. #67
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array sdmf74 PC Specs
    sdmf74 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)N/A
    MotherboardMAXIMUS IX FORMULA
    ProcessorI7 7700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980TI K|NGP|N
    Graphics Card #2N/A
    Graphics Card #3N/A
    Graphics Card #4N/A
    Sound CardON BOARD
    MonitorASUS PG279Q, BENQ XL2420TE, HISENSE 55H9F
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 512GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 1TB, SAMSUNG 850 PRO 512GB, SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK VELOCITY RGB
    CaseCASELABS MERLIN SM8 (2 TONE)
    Power SupplyEVGA 1300G2 SUPERNOVA
    Keyboard WOOTING ONE, DUCKY ONE TKL RGB
    Mouse LOGITECH G PRO HERO
    Headset SENNHESIER G4ME ZERO
    Mouse Pad REFLEX LAB XXXL
    Headset/Speakers KLIPSCH PRO MEDIA 2.1
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC86U, ASUS RT-AC68U
    sdmf74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    27
    Posts
    301

    Why is everybody clearing cmos when flashing bios, Ive never heard this being necessary or recommended. sometimes I dont even set defaults (F5) before flashing.
    Never had an issue.

    Hers is a microcode revision list from Intel.
    https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-conten...e-guidance.pdf

    From what I can tell it looks like Im on 7c which doesnt match up with the 80 or 0x70 listed on Intel's page, any thoughts?
    Last edited by sdmf74; 01-28-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    ASUS Maximus 9 Formula, Intel I7 7700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti K|ngP|n, G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB
    EVGA supernova 1300G2, EK Velocity RGB, Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb, 960 pro 512gb(OS), 850 EVO 1tb, 850 Pro 512gb,
    Asus PG279Q 165HZ, BenQ 144hz, Hisense 55h9f, Windows 10 pro

  8. #68
    ROG Junior Member Array RazorX_007 PC Specs
    RazorX_007 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS HERO X
    ProcessorIntel i7-8700K
    Graphics Card #1MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X
    Sound CardCREATIVE Sound Blaster Z
    MonitorSamsung CHG7 Series
    CaseCorsair Crystal Series 460X RGB
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750i
    Keyboard ROCCAT Ryos MK FX
    Mouse ROCCAT KONE AIMO
    Headset ROCCAT KAVE XTD
    Mouse Pad ROCCAT TAITO XXL
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    RazorX_007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Good afternoon! After updating the BIOS to 1203. I get a spontaneous reboot of the system without a blue screen. Before that everything worked fine! Only XMP memory did not work initially, as I understand it, due to lack of memory in the list of compatible (memory_QVL). But at 2133 MHz everything worked fine! At 3000 MHz the system started from 3-6 times.
    Now I'm just trying to get a stable job =)

    System:
    -Hero IX (BIOS 1203)
    -7700K
    -Corsair cmr32gx4m4c3000c15
    -Samsung M2 960 Pro
    -MSI 1070 X
    BIOS default settings.
    Last edited by RazorX_007; 01-29-2018 at 04:23 PM.

  9. #69
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by RazorX_007 View Post
    Good afternoon! After updating the BIOS to 1203. I get a spontaneous reboot of the system without a blue screen. Before that everything worked fine! Only XMP memory did not work initially, as I understand it, due to lack of memory in the list of compatible (memory_QVL). But at 2133 MHz everything worked fine! At 3000 MHz the system started from 3-6 times.
    Now I'm just trying to get a stable job =)

    System:
    -Hero IX (BIOS 1203)
    -7700K
    -Corsair cmr32gx4m4c3000c15
    -Samsung M2 960 Pro
    -MSI 1070 X
    BIOS default settings.
    im running the same setup except with a asus 1080ti and im not even getting the bios screen to come up with this new bios had to use the usb reflash to get back to one that would work.

  10. #70
    ROG Junior Member Array DarkishKnight PC Specs
    DarkishKnight PC Specs
    MotherboardSTRIX 270F
    Processori7-7700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (CMK32GX4M2B3200C16)
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte G1 Gaming
    MonitorDELL U2410
    Storage #1Intel 256GB 600p M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Western Digital 3TB, WD30EZRX
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseCougar MX500
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650X
    Keyboard Das Keyboard 4 Professional
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    What are the "CPU MicroCode" changes about?

    Are these to address "Meltdown" and "Spectre"?

    Is it even possible to patch existing CPUs to make them safe, or are these changes intended to make them a bit safer?

    Does anyone know whether CPU micro code changes may have a performance impact?
    I understand that the corresponding changes to operating systems are known to cause some performance loss.

    What is the status for micro code changes to the i7 7700K?
    Is Intel still battling unexpected system shutdowns?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •