cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z270 bios 1203 ready (post comments and issues)

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Version 1203
2018/01/097.9 MBytes
MAXIMUS IX HERO BIOS 1203
Improved DRAM compatibility.
Fixed SAMSUNG M.2 device issue.
Fixed SanDisk M.2 device issue.
Fixed AMD SSD device issue.
Fixed SteelSeries Keyboard issue.
Update CPU MicroCode.
Learn, Play Enjoy!
94 REPLIES 94

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Installing now and will test during the day
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Nate152

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Thanks NAte. also appears that is on working order.

Guys REMEMBER.... DISABLE multi core enhancement. I do not want to sound bad. here. EVEN ON STOCK CPU disable.

I will start working on AUTO, multicore disable and XMP for a few hours before adding some OC. first 4.7 and then 5.0 I hope my emergency cooler can take it.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Itzycharles wrote:
Thanks NAte. also appears that is on working order.

Guys REMEMBER.... DISABLE multi core enhancement. I do not want to sound bad. here. EVEN ON STOCK CPU disable.

I will start working on AUTO, multicore disable and XMP for a few hours before adding some OC. first 4.7 and then 5.0 I hope my emergency cooler can take it.

Charles can you elaborate a bit more on the need to do this, much appreciated.

Stew

Could someone please tell me what exactly the issue with Samsung NVMe drives is that this BIOS fixes?

hansmuff wrote:
Could someone please tell me what exactly the issue with Samsung NVMe drives is that this BIOS fixes?

No idea. I remember a issue with 960Pro NVMe drives. no idea what are the changes. I use the EVO and has being fine since magician 5.1.0 with 3B7QCXE7 update on that specific drive
Learn, Play Enjoy!

hansmuff wrote:

All previous updates were added to this bios so nothing that hasn't already been addressed, I have had no issues using a 950 Pro since release with no issues so can't speak specifically

mcleod52 wrote:
Charles can you elaborate a bit more on the need to do this, much appreciated.

Stew

Multi-core enhancement give more of everything on the cpu. disable that give better results and lower Cpu voltage. There is a post regarding, that with multicore enhancement enabled it uses Asus's Turbo, with it disabled it uses Intels Turbo. (Nate replay on post). Here it is so you can take a look https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83251-asus-multicore-enhancement

that is a kick on the turbo. is a little aggressive on stock/turbo boost. That off, uses intel turbo boost. On stock lower temps and volts are not higher that the intel have that is 4.5 a 1.20 volts (factory speaking) i start taking that out just for the fun, and has improve. Note, that function, have to be disable on overclocking. unless you want to to have more volts without any reason.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Itzycharles wrote:
Multi-core enhancement give more of everything on the cpu. disable that give better results and lower Cpu voltage. There is a post regarding, that with multicore enhancement enabled it uses Asus's Turbo, with it disabled it uses Intels Turbo. (Nate replay on post). Here it is so you can take a look https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83251-asus-multicore-enhancement

that is a kick on the turbo. is a little aggressive on stock/turbo boost. That off, uses intel turbo boost. On stock lower temps and volts are not higher that the intel have that is 4.5 a 1.20 volts (factory speaking) i start taking that out just for the fun, and has improve. Note, that function, have to be disable on overclocking. unless you want to to have more volts without any reason.

If you dont want to overclock and use the system @stock, leave this function enabled:

i7-7700K@stock

Enabled:
Prime95 26.6
4500Mhz on all cores
max Temp 62°C
Volt Core/VID: 1.232 / 1.242

Disabled:
Prime95 26.6
4400Mhz on all cores (-100Mhz)
max Temp 68°C (+6°C)
Volt Core/VID: 1.264 / 1.295 (+0,032 / +0.053)

If you disbale it, you loose 100Mhz, u use more Volt and have higher Temps for no reason...

Only if you overclock your CPU manually, disable it - if not: leave it enabled...

You wont benefit much from the 100Mhz more, but u lower your temps - this is a good and safty function for non-overclockers...
Disabling it makes no sense (only if you overclock manually)...