cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus x hero addresible led not working

tomek_suchodols
Level 7
As in title. Just bought Alchemy 3.0 60 LED Addressable strip. No joy getting it to work. I checked the connector for voltage - 5V is there ...

How to get this light up ? In ASUS AURA software there are settings only for the two RGB strips, Nowhere can I find any settings for the addressable one ?

Help.
7 REPLIES 7

tomek_suchodols
Level 7
OK so i guess the ADD STRIP in the top of aura window means ADDRESSABLE STRIP ?

sporadically in Settings, in addition to CALIBRATION setting, a PORT SETTING also appears. I am guessing this is for the ADDR STRIP.

Still, it does not work. I checked for voltage and the end of connected strip (at the extension end) and it has good 5V.

Does this mean the strip is faulty ? Or motherboard is faulty ?

what the hell is going on with this board.

So the stip makes a full power blink on shutdown.

It makes a barely noticeable blink on power on.

I just changes some settings in BIOS, which caused the PC to reboot once or twice, which has lit up the strip in static rainbow. But then it resterted one more time and its gone again.

WHAT ?

Jup,

I was starting and restarting my pc like mad now.
The startup blink is not there every time. Actually I cannot replicate it anymore.

Bot EVERY TIME on shutdown, just before all power goes out I get a single brief flash, from all LEDs on the strip, with the colour Aura is set to.

What is wrong here ????

tomek.suchodolski wrote:
Jup,

I was starting and restarting my pc like mad now.
The startup blink is not there every time. Actually I cannot replicate it anymore.

Bot EVERY TIME on shutdown, just before all power goes out I get a single brief flash, from all LEDs on the strip, with the colour Aura is set to.

What is wrong here ????

Did you find a fix for this? I have the same problem on the new Strix X370i Ryzen ITX board. Header reads 5V and the WS2812B strip reads 5V at the end when it is plugged into the header. Can't get Aura to recognize the strip. Wondering if I just have a defective strip...

First things to check is..

-Bios is updated to current version
-Firmware is updated
-Latest release of AURA Software is installed
-No other Light program is running to interfere with.

Also make sure you are connecting it to the RGB Header on the motherboard, if your board is more than one try a different header and see if it works. Also make sure the grey wire goes to the pin that is the 12v pin, since it can easily be put in upside down.

raider89 wrote:
First things to check is..

-Bios is updated to current version
-Firmware is updated
-Latest release of AURA Software is installed
-No other Light program is running to interfere with.

Also make sure you are connecting it to the RGB Header on the motherboard, if your board is more than one try a different header and see if it works. Also make sure the grey wire goes to the pin that is the 12v pin, since it can easily be put in upside down.

Yeah, BIOS is current. Latest release of Aura installed (but maybe I need to run Aura cleaner or CCleaner? I installed a really old version of Aura when I first built my system). No other light programs installed. What firmware are you talking about?

Yeah, it's definitely connected to the correct RGB header. It's an addressable strip, so it takes 5v. I used a multimeter to check the voltage, and the strip is getting 5v.

JohnJohn222
Level 7
This is happening to me also but with leds to my fans on the addressable header. Sometimes it works and then poof sometimes it doesn't. After upgrading Aura the header doesnt work at all. Aura just plain sucks.