MarshallR PC Specs
    MotherboardR5E10
    Processori7-5960X @ 3.95
    Memory (part number)HyperX 3300CL16 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Strix 1080 Ti OC
    Sound CardSupremeFX
    MonitorASUS PA328Q
    Storage #1SM951 NVMe (OS)
    Storage #2SM941 ACHI (Splash) / 8TB WD Red (Data) / 1TB Samsung 950 Pro (Games Store)
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken x62
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplySeasonic PD750W
    Keyboard G.Skill KM560 (MX Red)
    Mouse ROG Gladius (Gen1) & Sica (Gen1)
    Headset/Speakers Creative T20
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterRT-N16U (120M/10M)
    Accessory #1 2 meters RGB bling
    Accessory #2 iPhone 8Plus + AirPods

Just checked: PG27 production starts now in May, so mid/late May/early June for first markets depending on how it's being shipped.

Not sure X series yet. It's often mostly waiting for mass-production of panel availability and/or mass production to meet a certain quality standard.

For the record: Monitors don't wait for graphics cards. They just launch on their own schedule.*

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR View Post
    Just checked: PG27 production starts now in May, so mid/late May/early June for first markets depending on how it's being shipped.

Not sure X series yet. It's often mostly waiting for mass-production of panel availability and/or mass production to meet a certain quality standard.

For the record: Monitors don't wait for graphics cards. They just launch on their own schedule.*
    Thanks for the info.

ROG Enthusiast Array

What is the X series? Can you provide a link please?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I hope it really does release and ship in april like nvidia says

ROG Guru: White Belt Array MarshallR PC Specs
    MarshallR PC Specs
    MotherboardR5E10
    Processori7-5960X @ 3.95
    Sound CardSupremeFX
    MonitorASUS PA328Q
    Storage #2SM941 ACHI (Splash) / 8TB WD Red (Data) / 1TB Samsung 950 Pro (Games Store)
    CaseCorsair 900D
    OS Win 10

Quote Originally Posted by bubba123 View Post
    I hope it really does release and ship in april like nvidia says
    I talked to the product manager direct. It's nice to have their support, but I think it's better we speak for ourselves as we know our own production and shipping schedules better than Nvidia does. It's the Carmack rule: it's ready when it's really ready.

I will create a thread and explain the intricacies of 144/4K/HDR, as it requires some understanding of how it works under the DP port bandwidth limitations. Any Pascal (or Volta) generation card can work with it (assuming you're buying it for GSync), but to be able to play AAA titles on it up to 144/4K then you'll need a 1080Ti or Titan. If you're only playing Fortnite/PUBG/DOTA/LoL/ etc then they aren't as demanding.

I talked to the product manager direct. It's nice to have their support, but I think it's better we speak for ourselves as we know our own production and shipping schedules better than Nvidia does. It's the Carmack rule: it's ready when it's really ready.

I will create a thread and explain the intricacies of 144/4K/HDR, as it requires some understanding of how it works under the DP port bandwidth limitations. Any Pascal (or Volta) generation card can work with it (assuming you're buying it for GSync), but to be able to play AAA titles on it up to 144/4K then you'll need a 1080Ti or Titan. If you're only playing Fortnite/PUBG/DOTA/LoL/ etc then they aren't as demanding.
    That's awesome. Thanks. Look forward to the thread.

Also, it would be great if you can shine some light on several things like whether the monitor supports HDMI 2.1, Dolby Vision, or will the HDR work with consoles since some of us will use the monitor for both PC and console gaming.

MarshallR PC Specs
    MotherboardR5E10
    Processori7-5960X @ 3.95
    Sound CardSupremeFX
    MonitorASUS PA328Q
    CaseCorsair 900D
    OS Win 10

Consoles.. not sure. Haven't covered this since yet it's not the expected pairing. Could you suggest which game to test? Or is there an option in the settings? Last console I owned was a 360/N64.

It's not Dolby Vision. HDR10 instead.

It's HDMI 2.0, DP 1.4. Only DP up to 144. HDMI to 60.

Consoles.. not sure. Haven't covered this since yet it's not the expected pairing. Could you suggest which game to test? Or is there an option in the settings? Last console I owned was a 360/N64.

I want to pair this with PS4 Pro so just want to make sure HDR will work via HDMI 2.0 port on the monitor. Any PS4 game that supports HDR e.g. Horizon Zero Dawn, Resident Evil 7, Ratchet & Clank, Infamous Second Son etc.

New ROGer Array

Doesn't dp 1.4 supports only up to 120Hz in 4k ? Also, hdmi 2.1 should work, since it uses same port as hdmi 2.0 and can support up to 180Hz in 4k, isn't it?
    I was using this table - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic...s-adapters-v2/

MarshallR PC Specs
    MotherboardR5E10
    Processori7-5960X @ 3.95
    Sound CardSupremeFX
    MonitorASUS PA328Q
    CaseCorsair 900D
    OS Win 10

Quote Originally Posted by Kelertov View Post
    Doesn't dp 1.4 supports only up to 120Hz in 4k ? Also, hdmi 2.1 should work, since it uses same port as hdmi 2.0 and can support up to 180Hz in 4k, isn't it?
    I was using this table - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic...s-adapters-v2/
    <edit was wrong will clarify later>. This is a result of the current HDMI/DP ecosystem and Nvidia Pascal graphics cards only support up to DP 1.4/HDMI 2.0b. 2.1 spec was only released 4 months ago so there's no chance of any 2.1 product arriving this side of 2019 from any source in the AV world as it's not an incremental update like 2.0a->b, it's a doubling of core speeds which requires a significant update to the scaler ASIC, it's memory etc, which is a big cost update in licensing, design, PCB quality, fabrication etcetc (I actually just finished working in an ASIC company). HDMI 1.5 will also double speeds from 1.4, but that's only started discussions at CES this year.
    144 is classed as an "overclocked" mode from 120, and needs to be specifically enabled in the OSD. Honestly from 120-144 the difference is not that noticeable outside of fast/twitch gaming and you're not reading text in that scenario so there should be very little concern. If you're not super sensitive to display latency run it at 120, which is still a huge boost from the current 60Hz 4K panels. I know 120 isn't 144, but the user experience is what's important not the number.

Page 3 of 163 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast