MarshallR PC Specs
    MotherboardR5E10
    Processori7-5960X @ 3.95
    Memory (part number)HyperX 3300CL16 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Strix 1080 Ti OC
    Sound CardSupremeFX
    MonitorASUS PA328Q
    Storage #1SM951 NVMe (OS)
    Storage #2SM941 ACHI (Splash) / 8TB WD Red (Data) / 1TB Samsung 950 Pro (Games Store)
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken x62
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplySeasonic PD750W
    Keyboard G.Skill KM560 (MX Red)
    Mouse ROG Gladius (Gen1) & Sica (Gen1)
    Headset/Speakers Creative T20
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterRT-N16U (120M/10M)
    Accessory #1 2 meters RGB bling
    Accessory #2 iPhone 8Plus + AirPods

Quote Originally Posted by Sancus View Post
    Can the FALD be used in SDR modes?
    No it turns off when SDR is enabled. However there is global backlight dimming option available in the OSD.

Quote Originally Posted by alporta View Post
    Actively cooled? Is that audible? I'm going for 100% silent PC so that would be a k.o..

Certainly not audible but can be if your ambient temp is particularly high and in long-term gaming + high brightness (more excess component heat) + HDR + GSync and where all the features are active, which means the display has to do more work. But then you have headphones/speakers on anyway. Day to day use is extremely quiet because it only needs to tick over

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB 3000MHz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

Thanks for answering our questions, MarshallR.

Another question from me, is the monitor calibrated out of the box?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR View Post
    No it turns off when SDR is enabled. However there is global backlight dimming option available in the OSD.
    Thank you for the extremely quick and direct response. Unfortunately that makes this display rather unattractive. Unless I'm misunderstanding, global backlight dimming just lets you adjust brightness of the backlight, so it doesn't provide the improved contrast of full FALD operation.

There's only a handful(~30) games with HDR support so far, and so the majority of day to day operation will be without the FALD . By the time HDR support on PC is widespread, the price will be lower and there may even be other, better display options. FALD operation in SDR mode would still provide massively improved contrast as displayed by the ProArt PA32UC(which does offer an option to enable the FALD regardless of SDR operation), so it's really too bad that this wasn't included.

4K 144hz is still nice, of course.

ROG Enthusiast Array

If I understand it correctly, HDR can be enabled in windows manually for non-gaming HDR content. I see no point in having 384 zone FALD turned on for other purposes than consumng mmedia. Halo efect will be visible for everything else, HDR or SDR. Correct me if I am wrong.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Will there also be a variant of this monitor without the HDR? Could cost like $1000 less, totally worth it if you're not into HDR but like all the other aspects?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array MarshallR PC Specs
    MarshallR PC Specs
    MotherboardR5E10
    Processori7-5960X @ 3.95
    Memory (part number)HyperX 3300CL16 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Strix 1080 Ti OC
    Sound CardSupremeFX
    MonitorASUS PA328Q
    Storage #1SM951 NVMe (OS)
    Storage #2SM941 ACHI (Splash) / 8TB WD Red (Data) / 1TB Samsung 950 Pro (Games Store)
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken x62
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplySeasonic PD750W
    Keyboard G.Skill KM560 (MX Red)
    Mouse ROG Gladius (Gen1) & Sica (Gen1)
    Headset/Speakers Creative T20
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterRT-N16U (120M/10M)
    Accessory #1 2 meters RGB bling
    Accessory #2 iPhone 8Plus + AirPods

Quote Originally Posted by Sancus View Post
    Thank you for the extremely quick and direct response. Unfortunately that makes this display rather unattractive. Unless I'm misunderstanding, global backlight dimming just lets you adjust brightness of the backlight, so it doesn't provide the improved contrast of full FALD operation.

There's only a handful(~30) games with HDR support so far, and so the majority of day to day operation will be without the FALD . By the time HDR support on PC is widespread, the price will be lower and there may even be other, better display options. FALD operation in SDR mode would still provide massively improved contrast as displayed by the ProArt PA32UC(which does offer an option to enable the FALD regardless of SDR operation), so it's really too bad that this wasn't included.

4K 144hz is still nice, of course.
    Let me double-check with the team upstairs. I'm 90% sure there isn't because there's a global dimming option, but I gave back the display for a few days for a firmware update.

In terms of contrast, yes but 'no' because the Quantum Dot improves the color gamut that affects contrast to some degree. The 90% DCI-P3 is measured at SDR/60Hz - standard settings.

alporta - Potentially, yes. But the LCD+Backlight is sold as one unit from AUO. If AUO could offer the LCD alone, then yes, and it would be certainly much closer to 4K60 monitor prices because the backlight unit is very complicated and as a premium solution (and the R&D co-op provided) the Nvidia G-Sync module is quite expensive vs MStar/Realtek etc. The QD film is still expensive though iirc, but it's really good at reducing blue-light + making colors pop, so I hope more consumers see it, experience it and start demanding QD so the cost is justified.
    As said the HDR ecosystem is very immature but the demand for fast-gaming monitors is already there. Since the PG aims to do everything there will very likely be sub-feature focused versions upcoming. But it all depends on the LCD availability. At this time Nvidia is very focused on HDR going forward though, so I would expect premium G-Sync monitors to continue to focus on this feature.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

some photos and official Chinese pricing here http://www.pcpop.com/article/4525092.shtml

ROG Guru: White Belt Array btrach144 PC Specs
    btrach144 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus X Hero Wi-Fi
    ProcessorIntel i7 8086K @ 5.3 GHz 1.38V
    Memory (part number)32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz C16
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal)
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB
    CPU CoolerCustom EK loop
    CaseCorsair 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Mouse Pad Logitech Powerplay
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z905 5.1 surround
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterASUS 88U

Quote Originally Posted by KOT0005 View Post
    some photos and official Chinese pricing here http://www.pcpop.com/article/4525092.shtml
    20,00 Yuan translates to over 3,100 USD. Holy cow! I was hoping for $2,500 MAX.*

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by btrach144 View Post
    20,00 Yuan translates to over 3,100 USD. Holy cow! I was hoping for $2,500 MAX.*
    In Germany the price is between 2400€ and 2900€ which would be much more than 2500$ :/

But as of now - one can just pre-order...

and i am definitley waiting for more information and reviews - after that i decide!
    As i don't have enough money to upgrade again in the next 5 years or so - this should be an investment for a long time -
    as of now - i am tending to wait for a next years model ...

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array briansu PC Specs
    briansu PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th Gen (Dolby Vision screen)
    MotherboardASUS Z270 Maximus IX Formula
    Processori7-7700K 4.5 GHz
    Memory (part number)64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz @ CL 14
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    CPU CoolerEK-Supremacy EVO - Gold
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series™ 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i Digital ATX Power Supply
    Keyboard Ducky Channel Shine 5 Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX Switch RGB Lighting - Brown
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Speed Terra
    OS Window 10 Pro 64-Bit

Quote Originally Posted by alporta View Post
    What I don't understand regarding the chroma/HDR/bandwidth discussion- HDMI 2.1 is already out, why doesn't the pg27uq use it then?
    Because if they did, it wouldn't support G-Sync. NVIDIA doesn't have plans to use HDMI 2.1 yet and even when they do, the specification doesn't support G-Sync which NVIDIA has invested a lot of money into developing.

Page 25 of 163 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast