CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Nikorasu95 View Post
    Looks like i'm going to have too fuc*ing get a refund! A stuck pixel just showed up. It's red on a black background/dark content and changes too green or blue depending on the scene. I ran a stuck pixel test on Youtube for 12Hrs and it's still fuc*ing there!! I applied pressure and it's still there. It's crazy how it popped up out of nowhere. Fuc*ing ridiculous for a $2000+ monitor!!
    Honestly, I feel like the quality control problem is something deeper. This is just purely a speculation from me, but It might be a problem inherent with the AHVA panels from AUO. They might genuinely just be very difficult for AUO to make. An IPS panel might be a lot easy to make for samsung and LG which is why you hear a lot less complains from them. All these monitor companies probably use about the same procedures for quality controls. But these IPS-like panels have too many problems to make me think it's a quality control problem. It's just bad technology in general.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Based on tftcentral review, should we increase the reference white in the osd from 80 to the max? 1000 nits content will be shown at 1000 nits properly instead of 600 nits

ROG Guru: White Belt Array ELIESEH PC Specs
    ELIESEH PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-6900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4A2400C14
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G
    MonitorACER XB271HU
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 256 GB
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB
    CPU CoolerHydro Series™ H115i
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Power SupplyCooler Master V1000
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by Nikorasu95 View Post
    Looks like i'm going to have too fuc*ing get a refund! A stuck pixel just showed up. It's red on a black background/dark content and changes too green or blue depending on the scene. I ran a stuck pixel test on Youtube for 12Hrs and it's still fuc*ing there!! I applied pressure and it's still there. It's crazy how it popped up out of nowhere. Fuc*ing ridiculous for a $2000+ monitor!!
    this what I tried always to say, 2500$ monitor and still has manufacturing defect.
    AHVA panels from AUO are beyond joke*

ROG Member Array Theknystar PC Specs
    Theknystar PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z-87 deluxe
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Memory (part number)16GB ddr3 Dominator Platinum
    Graphics Card #1MSI DUKE 2080TI
    Graphics Card #2MSI DUKE 2080TI
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyZalman 1000 Watt
    Keyboard ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Razer Tapain
    Headset Sennheiser RS165
    Mouse Pad ASUS Cerberus

ASUS... WTF is this.... i just played normally, nothing fancy....and the screen started blinking like crazy... how fun is that right?

NOW i reinstalled the nvidia drivers, changed the cable, changed to the second card ports, NOTHING helps... seems like the monitor just brake itself within a week...
    I cant set the refresh rate above 60 Hz because it will only give me black screen and even the monitor menu cant be seen above 60hz.... The top and the bottom side also flicker a little when i change it. The screen obviously getting some data since the VA backlight noticing the things that are there and giving it brightness to the zones.

Is the monitor broken or have anybody encountered this problem? If not thats a solid refund... i mean this was 2500 euro to me... how f. up is that a monitor brake itself in a week?

I was able to accept that its not a perfect monitor but COME ON....

Sorry its only downloadable video. http://puu.sh/B8GPd/ff445b788e.wmv

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB 3000MHz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Theknystar View Post
    ASUS... WTF is this.... i just played normally, nothing fancy....and the screen started blinking like crazy... how fun is that right?

NOW i reinstalled the nvidia drivers, changed the cable, changed to the second card ports, NOTHING helps... seems like the monitor just brake itself within a week...
    I cant set the refresh rate above 60 Hz because it will only give me black screen and even the monitor menu cant be seen above 60hz.... The top and the bottom side also flicker a little when i change it. The screen obviously getting some data since the VA backlight noticing the things that are there and giving it brightness to the zones.

Is the monitor broken or have anybody encountered this problem? If not thats a solid refund... i mean this was 2500 euro to me... how f. up is that a monitor brake itself in a week?

Try buying a displayport 1.4 CERTIFIED cable, such as the Club3D CAC-2068. Unlike HDMI, displayport cable thickness and quality matters big time. If that doesn't work, you're gonna have to return it. RIP AUO panels lmao.

no issues out of mine yet make sure you are using the displayport firmware update I just tried setting mine to 4k 98hz and no issues Im using the cable asus provided.
    Last edited by bubba123; 08-05-2018 at 04:06 AM.

ROG Member Array Theknystar PC Specs
    Theknystar PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z-87 deluxe
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Memory (part number)16GB ddr3 Dominator Platinum
    Graphics Card #1MSI DUKE 2080TI
    Graphics Card #2MSI DUKE 2080TI
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyZalman 1000 Watt
    Keyboard ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Razer Tapain
    Headset Sennheiser RS165
    Mouse Pad ASUS Cerberus

i mean both of my displayport cable thick as a fat man finger and it was already working fine with both of them.... but yea sure, i ordered one, fantastic 40$ for the club3d cable, cool. it will arrive about tuesday.

ofc i updated the videocard driver firmware, that was my first thing when the monitor arrived

i asked for a replacement, they gonna come and pick it up friday so i have a little time to figure out if im the dumb one. If the replacement gonna have dead pixles or horrible backlight bleed then im just gonna ask my money back.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array ELIESEH PC Specs
    ELIESEH PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-6900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4A2400C14
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G
    MonitorACER XB271HU
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 256 GB
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB
    CPU CoolerHydro Series™ H115i
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Power SupplyCooler Master V1000
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-N66U

i mean both of my displayport cable thick as a fat man finger and it was already working fine with both of them.... but yea sure, i ordered one, fantastic 40$ for the club3d cable, cool. it will arrive about tuesday.

ofc i updated the videocard driver firmware, that was my first thing when the monitor arrived

i asked for a replacement, they gonna come and pick it up friday so i have a little time to figure out if im the dumb one. If the replacement gonna have dead pixles or horrible backlight bleed then im just gonna ask my money back.

Did you talked to ASUS? What did they said?
    Hope they did not said: this is normal or its your fault lol as usual *
    The only thing that came *to my mind is overheating, heat can damage any sensitive electronics part, maybe the fan is not enough.*
    Last edited by ELIESEH; 08-05-2018 at 04:25 PM.

I just came across this research paper: https://www.osapublishing.org/Direct...eq=0&mobile=no

Basically, the result says the number of dimming zones required for unnoticeable halo effects depends greatly on the native contrast ratio of the panel. The exact words: "If a LCD with CR≈1000:1, then even 10,000 local dimming zones is still inadequate. For a LCD with CR≈2000:1, (e.g., fringing-field switching (FFS) LCD), the required local dimming zones is reduced to 3000. If a LCD with CR = 5000 (e.g. MVA), then an unnoticeable halo effect can be achieved at ~200 local dimming zones)"

So based on this research, seems like the IPS panel really kills this monitor's 384 dimming zones potential. The upcoming 512-zone VA will be better though, but with CR~2000-3000 it will still only be on the same level as <100-zone VA TVs with CR~6000.
    Last edited by deadchip12; 08-06-2018 at 08:47 AM.

New ROGer Array

Erstmal auf deutsch
    Ich meinen Monitor seit Samstag, bin auch zufrieden damit. Ja Lüfter hört man, wenn nichts anderes läuft. Aber ich hatte Glück, keine Pixel Fehler und oder Dreck im Panel.
    Ich habe aber eine Frage. Wie bekomme ich das beste Bild?
    In den nVidia Einstellungen unter Auflösung ändern
    nVidia Farbeinstellung verwenden
    Desktop Farbtiefe 32 bit,
    Ausgabe Farbtiege 10 bpc
    aber nun zum Problem was stelle ich bei
    Ausgabe Farbformat ein
    RGB
    YCbCr 422
    YCbCR 444

I've been using my monitor since Saturday. I'm happy with it, too. Yes, you can hear fans if nothing else is running. But I was lucky, no pixel errors and or dirt in the panel.
    But I have a question. How do I get the best picture?
    In the nVidia settings under Change resolution
    nVidia Use color setting
    Desktop color depth 32 bit,
    Output color crucible 10 bpc
    but now to the problem what do I put in
    Output color format on
    RGB
    YCbCr 422
    YCbCR 444

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Page 157 of 165 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast