CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Theknystar View Post
    i bought a watt electricity usage monitor, very interesting numbers. My Pg27aq using about 45-50Watt when its on and when i turn it off with the button its absolute 0.

Now the pg27uq.... I though it will use more electricity since the ac/dc module is like twice as big as my pg27aq but its not much more... now the pg27uq is using about 70-75 watt (no matter what refresh rate or settings) and when i turn it off with the button its still using 33 watt. Its obviously not normal imo, although i believe if asus is aware of this then it can be solved with a firmware update... we will need one anyway... also the fan not turning off for me.. like ever... its not loud its not annoying but we know the rule... "If anything can go wrong, it will". especially with moving parts like a fan.

Any official asus comment on this would be greatly appreciated!

-edit-
    Oh. i found the missig watts.... when i turn on HDR for games it can go above 125 watts
    Check if there's a difference in watts with and without variable refresh rate on. And it might be able to hit 180watts if you can get the entire screen to display 1000nits for atleast 1 second.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

i bought a watt electricity usage monitor, very interesting numbers. My Pg27aq using about 45-50Watt when its on and when i turn it off with the button its absolute 0.

Now the pg27uq.... I though it will use more electricity since the ac/dc module is like twice as big as my pg27aq but its not much more... now the pg27uq is using about 70-75 watt (no matter what refresh rate or settings) and when i turn it off with the button its still using 33 watt. Its obviously not normal imo, although i believe if asus is aware of this then it can be solved with a firmware update... we will need one anyway... also the fan not turning off for me.. like ever... its not loud its not annoying but we know the rule... "If anything can go wrong, it will". especially with moving parts like a fan.

Any official asus comment on this would be greatly appreciated!

-edit-
    Oh. i found the missig watts.... when i turn on HDR for games it can go above 125 watts

You need to turn on DisplayPort deepsleep. Its still using watts after u press the power button because the fans will keep running till the system is completely cool. Once the fan turns off, you cant see anything on the screen when using a light.

I think they need to increase the temperature threshold for the fan when power is of or when there is no signal.

I think its around 30c right now. They should increase it to 40c.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Sorry can someone tell me what is the max brightness in SDR mode with FALD turned on?

EDIT: Nevermind
    Last edited by deadchip12; 08-02-2018 at 03:06 AM.

ROG Member Array Theknystar PC Specs
    Theknystar PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z-87 deluxe
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Memory (part number)16GB ddr3 Dominator Platinum
    Graphics Card #1MSI DUKE 2080TI
    Graphics Card #2MSI DUKE 2080TI
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyZalman 1000 Watt
    Keyboard ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Razer Tapain
    Headset Sennheiser RS165
    Mouse Pad ASUS Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by KOT0005 View Post
    You need to turn on DisplayPort deepsleep. Its still using watts after u press the power button because the fans will keep running till the system is completely cool. Once the fan turns off, you cant see anything on the screen when using a light.

I think they need to increase the temperature threshold for the fan when power is of or when there is no signal.

I think its around 30c right now. They should increase it to 40c.
    Deepsleep is turned on and as i wrote it before, the fan never stops for me. Maybe because its summer and we have +30C every day but at night its not that hot but its still not stops. Also sometimes i leave my PC on and deepsleep mode wont help on that.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinmaster5000 View Post
    Check if there's a difference in watts with and without variable refresh rate on. And it might be able to hit 180watts if you can get the entire screen to display 1000nits for atleast 1 second.
    yes now believe the box numbers that it can hit 180 Watts with HDR if every zone shine like a star. there is no difference between the Hz modes (or not noticeable), only the the brightness of the content. Maybe you ment variable backlight? anyway the max not that important, we found that only HDR using lot of watts and there is a reason why the ac/dc module big as a brick

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB 3000MHz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

Deepsleep is turned on and as i wrote it before, the fan never stops for me. Maybe because its summer and we have +30C every day but at night its not that hot but its still not stops. Also sometimes i leave my PC on and deepsleep mode wont help on that.

I

yes now believe the box numbers that it can hit 180 Watts with HDR if every zone shine like a star. there is no difference between the Hz modes (or not noticeable), only the the brightness of the content. Maybe you ment variable backlight? anyway the max not that important, we found that only HDR using lot of watts and there is a reason why the ac/dc module big as a brick
    Yea I meant variable backlight. I want to see if having it on decreases or increases power consumption in SDR usage. Since blacks are supposed to be darker with it on. However, the processing of information may use more power, so I just wanted to know.

I

I have deepsleep on mine and I don't hear the fan at all its silent the only time I actually hear the fan is when I press down the 5 way directional button and force turn on the fan in the settings.

Another new game that has HDR on consoles but not on PC: Madden 19.

This is alarming. Buying a $3000 HDR monitor with no guaranteed HDR support in future games.

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems like HDR is in PC version. But it's a pain to get it working it seems.
    Last edited by deadchip12; 08-03-2018 at 12:32 AM.

ROG Member Array Theknystar PC Specs
    Theknystar PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z-87 deluxe
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Memory (part number)16GB ddr3 Dominator Platinum
    Graphics Card #1MSI DUKE 2080TI
    Graphics Card #2MSI DUKE 2080TI
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyZalman 1000 Watt
    Keyboard ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Razer Tapain
    Headset Sennheiser RS165
    Mouse Pad ASUS Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
    Another new game that has HDR on consoles but not on PC: Madden 19.

This is alarming. Buying a $3000 HDR monitor with no guaranteed HDR support in future games.

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems like HDR is in PC version. But it's a pain to get it working it seems.
    i dont worry about it at all... The first 4K tv got released at around 2013 and there was absolutely no movie content for it. You still struggle getting 4K content on it at 2018... but its getting there... netflix, youtube etc... Also the 10 series high end cards are the first that actually could push the 4k content decently on games. Thats like a solid 4 years between them.

HDR hit the consumer market first at 2016? maybe? im not sure, around that. It still needs time to catch up with content. This monitor is ahead of its time i dont argue with that but a decent game which is not a copy paste like a COD takes time to develop.

Also at least this is a real HDR monitor and not a "HDRNT" (quoting linustechtips) with 400 nit peak brightness lies

The only review that matters is here folks: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/...ift_pg27uq.htm

I think Asus intentionally hand pick and send TFTCentral the best sample in their whole factory lol:

Low glow
    No backlight bleed
    110% DCI-P3 (wtf?)

Contrast measured is a bit low at ~3600:1 in SDR mode with FALD on (lower than native contrast of VA tvs) & ~30000:1 in HDR mode with FALD on (<50000:1 advertised).
    Last edited by deadchip12; 08-03-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Banned Array

Looks like i'm going to have too fuc*ing get a refund! A stuck pixel just showed up. It's red on a black background/dark content and changes too green or blue depending on the scene. I ran a stuck pixel test on Youtube for 12Hrs and it's still fuc*ing there!! I applied pressure and it's still there. It's crazy how it popped up out of nowhere. Fuc*ing ridiculous for a $2000+ monitor!!
    Last edited by Nikorasu95; 08-03-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Page 156 of 165 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast