Page 81 of 165 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast

Thread: Pg27uq

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG27UQ/

they have updated the official page about monitor.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by KOT0005 View Post
    I wonder how long the PG35vq will take ?
    last info was Q3*

So - expect it somewhere around September!

Just out of interest:
    Why would you prefer it?

I often thought about it too, but i really dont liked curves and it has a VA panel (even in early hands-on they complain about the typical smearing)*

Quote Originally Posted by Sichtwechsel86 View Post
    last info was Q3*

So - expect it somewhere around September!

Just out of interest:
    Why would you prefer it?

I often thought about it too, but i really dont liked curves and it has a VA panel (even in early hands-on they complain about the typical smearing)*
    Actually the real problem is not the curve and the VA panel, but the bad ppi due to 1440p resolution on so big display

Quote Originally Posted by greekwow View Post
    Actually the real problem is not the curve and the VA panel, but the bad ppi due to 1440p resolution on so big display
    but in height it is not bigger than 27“*

It‘s just like you add extra-screen at the sides of a normal 27“ 1440p monitor!
    I am perfectly fine with my 27“ 1440p monitor...
    I think the ppi is the same...*
    I tried curved with the samsung cgh70 - but i didn‘t like these ‚rounded lines effect‘
    Everything besides the mid of the screen seems to be ‚rounded‘/distorted
    I know there‘s a name for this... i just can‘t remember*

Quote Originally Posted by Sichtwechsel86 View Post
    but in height it is not bigger than 27“*

It‘s just like you add extra-screen at the sides of a normal 27“ 1440p monitor!
    I am perfectly fine with my 27“ 1440p monitor...
    I think the ppi is the same...*
    Yes my bad, you are right, i was wrong, sorry about it

Quote Originally Posted by greekwow View Post
    https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG27UQ/

they have updated the official page about monitor.
    Very nice that they particularly stress that the monitor supports 4K HDR on consoles as well.*

How does this ambient light sensor work? Shouldn't it be turned off when HDR content is played since we need maximum brightness for the best HDR?

And anyone has experience with this Game Visual thing? Sounds like another artifial image enhancer and should be turned off.**

Quote Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
    Very nice that they particularly stress that the monitor supports 4K HDR on consoles as well.*

How does this ambient light sensor work? Shouldn't it be turned off when HDR content is played since we need maximum brightness for the best HDR?

And anyone has experience with this Game Visual thing? Sounds like another artifial image enhancer and should be turned off.**
    For PURE picture quality - yes - everything should be turned off...

For some competitive gamers, maybe it is useful to raise up black-levels to see someone who's hiding in darker areas, etc...
    but yes - it will change the image (especially contrast and brightness)

I don't think that ambient light sensor will have any effect in hdr mode,
    because brightness-level, contrast etc is adjusted by metadata-information in the file,
    if anything, the ambient light sensor would just override the information and change the picture in general -
    but - luckily - there is at least a setting in the menu to turn the ambient light sensor off...
    i wouldn't use it anyway...

has anyone a status update about their orders?

Here in germany there are just 6 retailers, and no one seem to have it already...
    no one even is telling, if or when they get it...
    or when it can be delivered!
    just placeholder-infos like 'ETA: 12 weeks'

ROG Member Array

Banned Array

How can you people not be worried about how these 4K 144Hz HDR monitors will look when operating the monitor at a refresh rate of 120 or 144hz which is YCbCr422? Sure I can set my monitor to 98Hz and get the full RGB, but there are games out there that don't allow you to change the refresh rate of the monitor. There are also some games that will default to the highest refresh rate of the monitor. So even If I set Windows to 98Hz, when I start certain games, it will change back to the highest refresh rate of the monitor rather that's 120Hz or 144Hz. I had this experience before. On my current monitor "ASUS MG279Q" freesync only worked upwards to 90Hz. But certain games don't allow you to change the refresh rate in game and will just apply the max refresh rate detected which was 144Hz. Not all games have an ini that you can edit. Some are even encrypted. Also, text will look like crap rather using the Windows environment, web browsing, and games when operating at YCbCr422. YCbCr444 I can get away with as it doesn't ruin the text but YCbCr422 is a no go. Here I attached a test image so who ever is willing can test the issue i'm talking about. First test in RGB Output color format then set your Nvidia control panel to YCbCr422 and compare the results on this image. The red and blue text will be unreadable at YCbCr 422. http://i.rtings.com/images/test-mate...chroma-444.png

Remember this is how the ASUS PG27UQ and ACER X27 will look when operating at 120Hz and 144Hz...
    Last edited by Nikorasu95; 05-26-2018 at 05:30 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nikorasu95 View Post
    How can you people not be worried about how these 4K 144Hz HDR monitors will look when operating the monitor at a refresh rate of 120 or 144hz which is YCbCr422? Sure I can set my monitor to 98Hz and get the full RGB, but there are games out there that don't allow you to change the refresh rate of the monitor. There are also some games that will default to the highest refresh rate of the monitor. So even If I set Windows to 98Hz, when I start certain games, it will change back to the highest refresh rate of the monitor rather that's 120Hz or 144Hz. I had this experience before. On my current monitor "ASUS MG279Q" freesync only worked upwards to 90Hz. But certain games don't allow you to change the refresh rate in game and will just apply the max refresh rate detected which was 144Hz. Not all games have an ini that you can edit. Some are even encrypted. Also, text will look like crap rather using the Windows environment, web browsing, and games when operating at YCbCr422. YCbCr444 I can get away with as it doesn't ruin the text but YCbCr422 is a no go. Here I attached a test image so who ever is willing can test the issue i'm talking about. First test in RGB Output color format then set your Nvidia control panel to YCbCr422 and compare the results on this image. The red and blue text will be unreadable at YCbCr 422. http://i.rtings.com/images/test-mate...chroma-444.png

Remember this is how the ASUS PG27UQ and ACER X27 will look when operating at 120Hz and 144Hz...
    Here is MarshallR Direct statement on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR View Post
    SDR / 4:4:4 / 144 can be enabled, yes. It's only 10-bit that maxes out the cable BW.

We've done more extensive testing with the latest firmwares available (read: I got paid to play games recently ) and we are confident you cannot see the difference between 4:2:2 vs 4:4:4 (that's even if you can reach >98FPS at 4K!). It appears as only very slight chromatic aberration in limited scenarios in Windows 2D environments, but you have to really try to look for it and in your desktop environment you don't even need HDR turned on anyway. We tried to capture it on camera in a game but we couldn't identify it. In the desktop scenario we could see it, the pixels are so small we couldn't capture it in focus even with a full frame Nikon + $4K USD Ziess lens. I get there's only so much you'll believe from me but we're pretty confident that when reviewers get a PG they'll convey the same experience we do.
    The effect of a well implemented HDR in game is waay waaaaay more beneficial and exciting than worrying about this marginal limitation.

plus official reviews from Linus will be out soon too.

Page 81 of 165 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast