Page 82 of 165 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast

Thread: Pg27uq

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by calzenth View Post
    Here is MarshallR Direct statement on it.

plus official reviews from Linus will be out soon too.
    Thanks for clarifying with that quote. I'll just have to wait and see Linus review it and his impression with it. Also, Is there any way to set HDR mode to 98Hz without it messing with the SDR refresh rate of 144Hz?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nikorasu95 View Post
    Thanks for clarifying with that quote. I'll just have to wait and see Linus review it and his impression with it. Also, Is there any way to set HDR mode to 98Hz without it messing with the SDR refresh rate of 144Hz?
    He said it would be so in HDR mode, good news is SDR mode is 444 all the way up.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR View Post
    No no it doesn't work like that. If the monitor is set at 144 the Chroma is fixed at 422. You have to set it to 98 for it to be 444 all the time. Only the frame-rate changes actively.
    I'm trying to put together a side-by-side video to show it.
    Last edited by calzenth; 05-26-2018 at 08:23 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Lol the specs page is updated like every day. Now it shows 10bit with dithering next to 1.07bil and contrast ratio in HDR mode is 50000:1 vs previously stated 20000:1

https://www.asus.com/sg/Monitors/ROG...pecifications/

Banned Array

He said it would be so in HDR mode, good news is SDR mode is 444 all the way up.
    ~Sigh~ This sounds very tedious for me to have to set Windows to 98Hz every time I want to play HDR with full RGB 4:4:4. I wish there was a way to change both refresh rates. I wish I can set Windows 10 to 144Hz in SDR mode for older games that can get that many frames and then have Windows switch to 98Hz in HDR mode. I could just set 98Hz for everything I do on my PC but like I said before, "some games don't allow you to change the refresh rate and will default to the highest detected refresh rate of the monitor which is 120hz or 144hz overclocked". I had times where certain games would change the refresh rate set in Windows. I could have 90Hz set and then the game would change to 144hz, thus also changing the refresh rate I set in Windows display properties. With my current monitor which is a Freesync display, 90hz is the only way to do freesync but certain games didn't detect 90hz or allow me to change it, thus forcing windows back to 144hz where freesync didn't work. I don't want this same problem with the ASUS PG27UQ when trying to play all games at 98hz. I rather just forget about 4K 144hz and just play everything in 98Hz since playing HDR at 144hz would result in chroma subsampling, but the problem would be certain games switching back to it.
    Last edited by Nikorasu95; 05-27-2018 at 03:55 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

~Sigh~ This sounds very tedious for me to have to set Windows to 98Hz every time I want to play HDR with full RGB 4:4:4. I wish there was a way to change both refresh rates. I wish I can set Windows 10 to 144Hz in SDR mode for older games that can get that many frames and then have Windows switch to 98Hz in HDR mode. I could just set 98Hz for everything I do on my PC but like I said before, "some games don't allow you to change the refresh rate and will default to the highest detected refresh rate of the monitor which is 120hz or 144hz overclocked". I had times where certain games would change the refresh rate set in Windows. I could have 90Hz set and then the game would change to 144hz, thus also changing the refresh rate I set in Windows display properties. With my current monitor which is a Freesync display, 90hz is the only way to do freesync but certain games didn't detect 90hz or allow me to change it, thus forcing windows back to 144hz where freesync didn't work. I don't won't this same problem with the ASUS PG27UQ when trying to play all games at 98hz. I rather just forget about 4K 144hz and just play everything in 98Hz since playing HDR at 144hz would result in chroma subsampling, but the problem would be certain games switching back to it.
    I wish I could answer that better but we will have more answers soon once reviews start pouring in. But one thing is sure it won't get any better till DP1.5 is ready and for what it counts he said the 422 was only noticeable when you stick your face in to the screen looking for it because of the 4k IPP thing.

Banned Array

I wish I could answer that better but we will have more answers soon once reviews start pouring in. But one thing is sure it won't get any better till DP1.5 is ready and for what it counts he said the 422 was only noticeable when you stick your face in to the screen looking for it because of the 4k IPP thing.
    Why didn't ASUS and ACER just have made the monitors where 2 display port cables could be used to get 4K 144Hz 4:4:4 HDR? That was very unwise of both companies. Very stupid if you ask me!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Why didn't ASUS and ACER just have made the monitors where 2 display port cables could be used to get 4K 144Hz 4:4:4 HDR? That was very unwise of both companies. Very stupid if you ask me!
    There is two main reasons why dual dp doesn't work well for most cases. First is increased display lag which is bad for a gaming panel. 2nd is increased unit cost

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

There is two main reasons why dual dp doesn't work well for most cases. First is increased display lag which is bad for a gaming panel. 2nd is increased unit cost
    I had Dell Up2715k and have no issue using 2 display Ports

Just to understand. The monitor will use 4:2:2 only when it will HDR With more than 98hz refresh rate?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by greekwow View Post
    I had Dell Up2715k and have no issue using 2 display Ports

Just to understand. The monitor will use 4:2:2 only when it will HDR With more than 98hz refresh rate?
    Did a quick double check on that screen and as I through the refresh is 8ms while the pg27uq is 4ms

Very nice screen, thou it is geared more for productivity then gaming needs.

As for the 422 thing, MarshallR said if it is set to 144/120hz hdr will be 422, if you want hdr to be 444 you must limit the panel to 98hz or below as that is the bandwidth limit of the cable.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR View Post
    No no it doesn't work like that. If the monitor is set at 144 the Chroma is fixed at 422. You have to set it to 98 for it to be 444 all the time. Only the frame-rate changes actively.
    I'm trying to put together a side-by-side video to show it.

Banned Array

If it is i'm sure it's very minor and unnoticeable, certainly not a reason for justifying not to include 2 display port connectors.

Page 82 of 165 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast