Page 88 of 165 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 ... LastLast

Thread: Pg27uq

New ROGer Array

This would be a lot better if some reviews were out answering all these questions.

Does anyone know when the NDA lifts and they can publish reviews?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by PG2HDRG View Post
    This would be a lot better if some reviews were out answering all these questions.

Does anyone know when the NDA lifts and they can publish reviews?
    Ya a lot of jumping to conclusions on iffy sources, linus's review will be soon enough.

Though I have no clue about the NDA .

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I asked pcgameshardware, when their test of PG27UQ will be available...

He simply replied:

‚Next week - if Asus will...‘

So it seems, that they don‘t have it yet and/or they have to wait for Asus to give their ok to release the test!

But it seems, we will see the first reviews somewhere around end of this/beginning of next week

Linus posted several pictures on Twitter with the PG27UQ in use...
    we won‘t wait for long...*

New info:

shipping starts 22.Juni -

here a new hands-on:

https://www.computerbase.de/2018-05/...-1.999-dollar/

Reviewer says, that in Destiny 2 there is serious haloing in darker scenes, that can just be undone by addding more dimming zones...
    Last edited by Sichtwechsel86; 05-29-2018 at 07:18 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I dunno in this video I don't see any Halo'ing at all....maybe a bit of longing but the Halo is gone!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=E4c7EE8_IX0

Quote Originally Posted by ahobanger View Post
    I dunno in this video I don't see any Halo'ing at all....maybe a bit of longing but the Halo is gone!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=E4c7EE8_IX0
    Wtf?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array btrach144 PC Specs
    btrach144 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus X Hero Wi-Fi
    ProcessorIntel i7 8086K @ 5.3 GHz 1.38V
    Memory (part number)32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz C16
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal)
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB
    CPU CoolerCustom EK loop
    CaseCorsair 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Mouse Pad Logitech Powerplay
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z905 5.1 surround
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterASUS 88U

Quote Originally Posted by Sichtwechsel86 View Post
    New info:

here a new hands-on:

Reviewer says, that in Destiny 2 there is serious haloing in darker scenes, that can just be undone by addding more dimming zones...
    lol that's not good for would be buyers. You can't simply add more dimming zones. Once you purchased your $2,000 monitor, you're stuck with 384 dimming zones.

AKA, that reviewer is saying wait until there is a better product in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by btrach144 View Post
    lol that's not good for would be buyers. You can't simply add more dimming zones. Once you purchased your $2,000 monitor, you're stuck with 384 dimming zones.

AKA, that reviewer is saying wait until there is a better product in a few years.
    AUO showed a new monitor (prototype) at DisplayWeek with MiniLEDs (1000 dimming zones)
    The author is clearly aiming at this one...*

AUO already discussed future models based on this prototype!

But until then,
    it will be interesting to see, how the PG27UQ will do...

I expect good reviews with typical sentences like ‚room for improvement‘*

Quote Originally Posted by Sichtwechsel86 View Post
    New info:

here a new hands-on:

I heard Destiny 2 has some problem with HDR implementations. But who knows... I remember reading another review and they said there was no haloing at all on X27 running Final Fantasy XV, while being unimpressed by Destiny 2 on PG27UQ : https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...view-hands-on/

It just baffles me if we still see serious haloing with 384 zones on 27 inch. The issue cannot go away completely, but I expected it to be like minimal, like at least similar to the Z9D with "just" 600 zones on a freaking 75 inch screen. Something seriously wrong with local dimming algorithm then.

Quote Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
    I heard Destiny 2 has some problem with HDR implementations. But who knows... I remember reading another review and they said there was no haloing at all on X27 running Final Fantasy XV, while being unimpressed by Destiny 2 on PG27UQ : https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...view-hands-on/

It just baffles me if we still see serious haloing with 384 zones on 27 inch. The issue cannot go away completely, but I expected it to be like minimal, like at least similar to the Z9D with "just" 600 zones on a freaking 75 inch screen. Something seriously wrong with local dimming algorithm then.
    Don't forget:

Z9D has more Zones - but also is a bigger format...

so every LED on PG27UQ backlights a pixel-pattern of 160x135 pixels (LED pattern is 24x16)

on Z9D/ZD9 with 640 zones it is 120x108 pixels (LED pattern is 32x20)

so the zones are much more defined and the contrast between light-dark-areas is sharper...

also - because it's 65" against 27" - there is more room between the individual LEDs -
    and from a physical standpoint this is good, because they can adjust it better, so that there is not as much overlapping between the zones!
    (also we don't know, if they block the individual zones, with lightblocking walls or something... the PG27UQ doesn't)

AUO said in an interview at DisplayWeek, that 'based on their experience it is necessary to use as many backlight LEDs as possible',
    to enhance contrast and picture-quality and HDR-effect... 'the more LEDs, the cleaner the image' (speak: the less haloing)

They didn't compare their Prototype (with 1000 dimming Zones and Mini-LED, 144hz, GSync, HDR, etc...) to PG27UQ -
    but 'based on their experience' is surely related to it...

So what does it all mean?
    PG27UQ - at least for me - is a very good gaming-monitor and represents the best monitor-tech that was available 1,5 years ago...
    It now represents the best monitor-tech, available for consumers...
    but the tech will evolve and miniLEDs and more DimmingZones will be the next step...
    until we get microLEDs...

Also: a 32" version could be a bit better in terms of haloing - because the LED-pixel-pattern stays the same, but the room between the LEDs enhances...

So - let's wait for reviews and see, if it is good enough - and the hickups of this first-gen aren't to bad!

Page 88 of 165 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 ... LastLast