Page 119 of 165 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1647

Thread: Pg27uq

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
    Sorry if you have time do you mind testing HDR movies run on Movies & TV App, VLC 3.0 and DVDFab Media Player 5? Just want to know which one can output true HDR and Dolby Atmos.
    I can tell you that i didn't saw any difference between VLC 3.x and DvDfab5 using Sony Camp Fire Demo Video in HDR!
    It works just fine and looked equal to what i expected after watching it on my OLED...
    but i kind of use DvDfab5 now for every video i have - because the settings are much more simple and intuitive,
    while VLC has a lot of stuff to change within the settings and i really don't understand the half of it!
    + bitstream via optical and hdmi to my audiotech works fine with DvDfab5, while VLC 3.x is disturbed by windows-settings...
    DvDfab5 just works!

of course OLED is superior in terms of color, contrast, etc... but i meant: it didn't look off/wrong on Acer X27 with VLC3.0 and DVDfab5
    DvDFab5 can output dolby atmos via bitstream... but you have to use ULTRA version
    sadly the german language track on most movies is NOT Dolby Atmos - but instead DD5.1 or DTS5.1
    so it is (for now) rare to get Dolby Atmos tracks in german...

and i prefer to watch movies and series in german...
    it kind of helps me to relax, while watching movies in a foreign language keeps my head busy...
    which is not what i want when i have leasure time!
    aaand... - often i even can't understand what some people say, because they talk unclear and mumble...
    worst case scenario - SNATCH - i don't get any word from Brad Pitt and have issues with dialects in this movie...

For the guy who is asking if fortnite HDR is working properly...

last time i played fortnite (and i just played it ONCE! during last week, when i tested the Acer x27!)
    there was NO OPTION for switching on/off HDR ingame!
    and linus mentioned, that fortnite does not support HDR on pc...

maybe that changed or will change some day...

even on Xbox One X it does NOT support HDR

link: https://www.xbox.com/de-DE/games/xbo...-enhanced-list

it is enhanced for Xbox 1 X to support higher fps and 4K resoultion, but not HDR
    Last edited by Sichtwechsel86; 06-20-2018 at 11:04 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Day 3 update if you use oc mode for 144hz you will get crushing blacks in sdr. This is the panel so it is the same on both x27 and PG27UQ. I've been using 120 and it looks just fine in sdr and hdr so far very nice, I have not been bothered in the slightest with 422. But I did spend time jumping between 98hz and 120 in hdr both look great.
    Last edited by calzenth; 06-20-2018 at 02:27 PM.

If anyone gets the chance can they see if the monitor supports 1440p @ 144hz?

Miniled panels shipped in Q4 2018??? Is that shockingly soon? $5000 lol? **https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20180619PD201.html
    Last edited by deadchip12; 06-20-2018 at 11:32 PM.

ROG Member Array

So um, when and where can we buy the ROG Swift PG27UQ?

I was under the impression they would be available in June, but we're approaching July and they're not stocked anywhere? I feel like I'm going to miss the boat and have every single available PG27UQ snatched up by fkn resellers @ 50-100% markup before I can even blink.

New ROGer Array

xbox one x and ps4 pro

On top of the normal reviews i wish we could get some added reviews on how it works with the xbox one x and ps4 pro and how to compare with other options. I know a lot of people who would probably want this monitor compared to how a lg c8 or b7a would look. In know in my case id be using the pg27uq not only for the gaming rig but also the consoles.

I would imagine even for consoles its simply the best monitor out there.

That said I have 2 monitors that I switch between the Samsung 27" CHG70 and the LG 27UK600 for my Xbox One X and PS4 Pro.

The Samsung works great with the 1440p/120hz Xbox update plus takes a 4k signal from the Pro and downscales to the 1440p display.

The LG is 4k with fake HDR but I honestly think it makes a great picture obviously doesnt compare to an OLED.

I picked up the LG for $399 at Best Buy on sale and for consoles anyhow I couldnt justify spending 5X as much for this monitor that could very well be outdated by the end of the year if mini leds stay on track.

I really wish this monitor could have hit their target date last year but now feels almost like they just HAD to release it with some much R&D time and money they have spent.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidblade View Post
    On top of the normal reviews i wish we could get some added reviews on how it works with the xbox one x and ps4 pro and how to compare with other options. I know a lot of people who would probably want this monitor compared to how a lg c8 or b7a would look. In know in my case id be using the pg27uq not only for the gaming rig but also the consoles.
    Well if you read another thread on Acer X27 here: https://www.overclock.net/forum/44-m...r-x27-104.html
    you will see several people saying console games look great. They also compare the picture quality with OLED and the common consensus seems to be OLED has better color, contrast & no haloing in dark games, while Acer X27 is unbeatable in bright games

ROG Member Array

I got a PG27UQ coming tomorrow from newegg.

Ask me questions of stuff you guys want covered.
    I don't have a colorimeter so any real specifics on color details or peak brightness will be out of the question.

I could potentially do a side by side comparison of the thing next to a PG279Q, an Alienware TN panel, and an OLED TV but not sure if it would be worth it as all I got is a cell phone vid camera. I think it can shoot in HDR though.

(And no, I refuse to see if hdr mode works in Fortnite with some edited config file because that game is terrible and you can probably get an answer to that question on a Fortnite specific forum where many people using HDR TVs as monitors probably have an answer to that. Even if HDR can be enabled, it probably looks terrible like PUBGs console hdr mode where textures were never optimized to take advantage of hdr and everything just looks really really dark).

I would love to know for sure if the monitor supports 1440p and if so does it do 144hz?

Page 119 of 165 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 ... LastLast