Page 124 of 165 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1647

Thread: Pg27uq

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
    damn that blb on acer...I can't believe asus actually is better this time

And they're still tweaking software? Any chance for better fald control so less haloing?*
    to me it looks like comparing FALD ON and FALD OFF... (Acer FALD OFF, Asus FALD ON)

i can tell you - when i switched OFF the Local Dimming in SDR - my X27 looked exactly like this picture! just bad!
    and that was the main-reason i sent it back without exchange - but getting my money back...

As for the upcoming fw-update: i really don't know what exactly they tweak...
    i just know now, they are working on it - and made alternate.de stop selling PG27UQ until new fw is ready and installed...

i personally think they won't tweak FALD or haloing -
    but instead handshake-problems that occured when using HDMI2.0 and switching HDR ON/OFF (purple screen issue, as i described)

but it would be good, if they could tweak FALD too...

some people complained about FALD not going completely OFF to darken zones...
    i think that is because they had to tweak for reaction time...
    increasing/decreasing brightness just works faster than switching on/off the specific LED and then adjusting it to its brightness...

unlucky early customers have to send back their new gear now to get the newest fw...
    i really don't get why they just don't have implemented a usb-plug for doing fw-updates...
    it's not good for panel and monitor itself to send it back and forth several times...
    especially if you know how postal-services 'care' for your goods...
    in germany many people right now upload videos of postal-service-people who throw parcels around and kick them into the trunk of their car -
    or even don't ring the bell but instead writing a card that the parcel could not be delivered and you have to grab it for yourself,...

happened to me several times!

for next iteration of PG27UQ - whatever this will be called... - they really have to think about it...
    and of course it's a struggle to demount it from vesa, pack it up again and send it back...
    i wanted to resell my old 1440p monitor which would leave me in a situation not having a display at all... until i get it back!

but what it perfectly shows is, that the start of these new monitors is more than troublesome for Acer/Asus and potential buyers...
    and all of these things i meant, when saying, i maybe try it again in october, when Asus/Acer have optimized assembly and firmware and everything...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sichtwechsel86 View Post
    I got an interesting phone call from a retailer... (alternate.de)

He said they have plenty of PG27UQ in stock - but ASUS blocked them to sell these, as they would need a firmware-update...

Also they had to write to people who already received their PG27UQ to send it back for the update-process - as it is impossible for endusers to update the firmwae themselves!

And it would take time until the new update is ready (its in developement right now!) and flashed onto the units!
    The alternate.de service told me they plan on selling the monitors again at the end of july - when the process is finished!
    They are waiting for the update from Asus and then have to flash firmware for every single unit!

And i also checked the site - the PG27UQ has vanished completely from their site -
    but hours ago it was there, in stock and sold for 2599€

So it seems, that Asus knows about some problems and some users were right when saying:
    early adopters are beta-testers!

Has anyone of you received an email to send your monitors back for updating the firmware??
    I can confirm this info. I got some details about the bug, but I was asked to wait for confirmation. Its not certain if the bug applies for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    I can confirm this info. I got some details about the bug, but I was asked to wait for confirmation. Its not certain if the bug applies for everyone.
    but what issue is it? it sounds serious when they force retailers to stop selling this display...

does it just apply for european models?
    someone in the other forum mentioned it could be that just EU/Ger models are effected, because they have different firmware..!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sichtwechsel86 View Post
    but what issue is it? it sounds serious when they force retailers to stop selling this display...

does it just apply for european models?
    someone in the other forum mentioned it could be that just EU/Ger models are effected, because they have different firmware..!?
    just sold my Acer X27 for $3000 and bought the PG27UQ for $2068 I hope to get it soon.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by bubba123 View Post
    just sold my Acer X27 for $3000 and bought the PG27UQ for $2068 I hope to get it soon.
    who was the poor sucker that you sold to for $3000!

ROG Member Array

Just to inform you guys, especially canadian buyers and more specificly those from the quebec.

I pre-ordered my PG27UQ the june 6th 2018

And i have finally received an email from newegg like thursday in the middle of the night(3:55am to be exact) saying that they sent it to the delivery truck and this is a screenshot of when i should receive it, so tuesday 26 june is gonna be my d-day!

When i receive it, i plan on testing some games in 4k hdr but also finally trying to watch my 4K HDR movies(Jumanji, Alien covenant, Transformers the last knight and Wonder woman) Ill be using Cyberlink PowerDVD 17 to watch them in 4k hdr and i HOPE for gods sake that i wont run into some serious issues, the last time i tried running those movies in 4k hdr was with a cheap 4k tv.

Later, i plan on finally playing Horizon Zero Dawn(and other games like God of war 4 later) with a ps4 pro in 4k hdr(if theres any hdr) and i hope that the 4k DRS of the ps4 pro will be worth it versus the 1080p enhanced graphics that this game has to offer.

Ive read that some retailers have stopped selling the PG27UQ for some bugs, this is worrying me a little and i hope that it wont affect my experience to much.

And last, for those from the quebec(or canada)(or elsewhere)) wanting more information about my experience and who have very limited english experience, my steam name is furnyQC if you want more information in french
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos pg27uqdeliverytime.png  

pg27uq-preorder.png  

Quote Originally Posted by FurnyQC View Post
    Just to inform you guys, especially canadian buyers and more specificly those from the quebec.

I pre-ordered my PG27UQ the june 6th 2018

And i have finally received an email from newegg like thursday in the middle of the night(3:55am to be exact) saying that they sent it to the delivery truck and this is a screenshot of when i should receive it, so tuesday 26 june is gonna be my d-day!

When i receive it, i plan on testing some games in 4k hdr but also finally trying to watch my 4K HDR movies(Jumanji, Alien covenant, Transformers the last knight and Wonder woman) Ill be using Cyberlink PowerDVD 17 to watch them in 4k hdr and i HOPE for gods sake that i wont run into some serious issues, the last time i tried running those movies in 4k hdr was with a cheap 4k tv.

Later, i plan on finally playing Horizon Zero Dawn(and other games like God of war 4 later) with a ps4 pro in 4k hdr(if theres any hdr) and i hope that the 4k DRS of the ps4 pro will be worth it versus the 1080p enhanced graphics that this game has to offer.

Ive read that some retailers have stopped selling the PG27UQ for some bugs, this is worrying me a little and i hope that it wont affect my experience to much.

And last, for those from the quebec(or canada)(or elsewhere)) wanting more information about my experience and who have very limited english experience, my steam name is furnyQC if you want more information in french
    Look forward to the review. Good luck!*

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmaster5000 View Post
    So what would you rate the panel out of 10?
    Not really sure if a number rating would really be useful for anyone on the fence about this thing. For me personally, this monitor checks a lot of the right boxes:

a) 4k, Quantum Dot, IPS/AHVA
    b) HDR at 1000 nits
    c) 100-120Hz refresh rate
    d) high DPI at 27"
    e) 4k HDR support for consoles

It probably does the best implementation of HDR I've seen in a display so far. No, it can't quite match the colors and blacks of OLED but the average and peak brightness of this thing really makes up for that. This thing is bright enough in sRGB mode with HDR off and brightness at 80. It can get extremely bright with HDR on and the backlight cranked up. Bright enough that I felt like instinctively reaching for my sunglasses a few times like I do in my car on summer days.

This video has a good explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-abe56aSEzg

He's completely right how 4k, high refresh rate, and the color reproduction of this thing makes Battlefield 1 feel "less chaotic". It;s really hard to explain, but you feel like you can process more around you and focus more on shooting people as your brain isn't trying to process if a jagged group of pixels on the periphery is a 'threat' or just a bush/tree/rock as you have enough visual information to know. Battlefield 1 feels almost too easy when playing on this thing. He says HDR mode in BF1 wasn't all that effective, but I don't know if he had HDR enabled first in windows as well as if he adjusted the 'reference white (nits)' option in the OSD which is set to 80 by default in HDR mode (it's greyed out in SDR). BF1 sorta needs that white level to be cranked a little higher up to 100-120 at least based on how I have BF1 calibrated in-game for HDR.

Again, I am very very impressed. If I had to put a number down? I guess 8/10 or 9/10 with complaints primarily in price and my minor QC issues (streak of dead pixels in extreme bottom right corner).

Some people will ding this thing on not having full chroma above 100-120Hz HDR/SDR and that being 'too low' of a refresh rate, but honestly it's pretty difficult to drive many modern games nowadays consistently above 100fps even with a 1080ti. I don't see that threshold changing anytime soon as new games and game engines are released pushing more and more detail and even elements of ray tracing. But I could be wrong if there's an industry wide push to dump more frames at the cost of fidelity.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    you are a user and you dont want to share the bug with other users ?.. wow..
    just tell us what the bug is so we can test it. There are so many features in this monitor its literally hard to find out everything about it until a review from tft central
    Last edited by KOT0005; 06-23-2018 at 03:11 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

27 june i will got mine

intersting new review
    https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...es-Desktop/Col

However, after spending some time with CalMAN on the PG27UQ, we've learned that it's not quite that easy. After getting results of around 75% DCI-P3 coverage (as opposed to the claimed 97%), we decided to contact both ASUS and NVIDIA for feedback on our testing methodologies.

Technical marketing representatives from NVIDIA shared data that they gathered with one of these displays across a range of different colorimeters and Spectroradiometers. The conclusion they came to was that the only device capable of measuring the color accuracy to the same degree as the factory calibration of these displays is the Klein K-10A colorimeter, an almost $7000 device.

While we are willing to invest in testing equipment to accurately evaluate the claims of manufactures, $7000 is out of reason for this purpose
    Last edited by greekwow; 06-23-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Page 124 of 165 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 ... LastLast