Power SupplyCooler Master V1000
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by Theknystar View Post
    Hello people. I just registered here because i bought the PG27UQ and i would like to share my experiences!
    The amount of crazy talk and blowing things out of proportion is crazy on this monitor in my opinion. I changed my PG27AQ for this (to be exact thats my 2nd monitor now)

Important thing to mention i ALWAYS game with bright lights in the room and not from the bat cave so thats differ my experience with the monitor i agree.

-First blacklight bleed
    I never had a perfect LCD that didnt come with it. I just accepted that its not that simple as QC being bad. Mine have a usual at the right top corner, nothing crazy bad, nothing what i didnt get used to.

-IPS glow
    zero with variable backlight
    Really not much with VA turned off (my pg27aq have more lol)

-Variable blacklight
    In games i cant notice it. Obviously with some really dark menu / places i will notice it if i looking for it but its not that bad experience as people go crazy about it.
    BUT i never seen this kind of great blacks from an IPS ever and im happy with that.

-Fan at the back
    I dont know what kind of silence room / laboratory room /extreme silent pc environment you guys have that the monitor is louder than your PC. I barely notice it and its really not that bad as people talk about it. Also i have a closed headset so i cant even hear if a plane crash or my room get robbed behind me so..... yea.

-HDR
    Obviously a gimmick right now but when your game have it... oh boy... its looks crazy good!

-Dead pixles
    Maybe RNG but i have none.. maybe i won the lottery or maybe the QC not that bad as people complain (dont forget pleased customers rarely comes to complain or even talk about the product)

-98/120/144 Hz
    I agree, the 144Hz is a little bit scuffed and they made it for marketing BUT the 120Hz is absolutely perfect and im gonna use it on that mode.

Overall im really happy with it. compered to my pg27aq (which you cant really call a cheap monitor either) is just looks bad with games now compare to this. The pg27uq have so much better colors / contrast and also the 120Hz is like a bless. Dont even try to run this with a single 1080TI. you have to have 2 of them and you have to keep in mind that you have to instabuy the new nvidia architecture as well for this.

What i seen from the comments lot of people cant decide what kind of gamer group they are part of. You have to figure out that before buying this. This is not made for average people and thats fine. Even ASUS is well aware of that.

-Casual: only them can say that a big ass OLED TV is much better for gaming than this. I have to tell you a secret this monitor is not made for you DONT BUY IT, you are fine with your OLED. your daily 2 hours of gaming doesnt need this monitor. OLED have a crazy technological issue which will RUIN your monitor if you are not a causal. Good luck with that, im perfectly fine with my bleed instead.

-Average: want a good value on a monitor and to be pleased with it. This is NOT a good value monitor. im 100% sure this will come cheaper in the future, you can wait and skip this if you want a better deal, dont sell your kidney boys and girls.

-Tryhard: Have random money to throw in to the garbage and fine overpaying for cutting edge things. You gonna play 5-10 Hours a day and you want the best possible experience with the most eyecandy possible. PERFECT FOR YOU.

-Pro/Pro behavior
    Want the most framerates, bring the graphs low until the edges are clear and the eyecandy is gone for better in game performance and for less distraction. You gonna be fine with this monitor but you would be fine with a cheaper one as well. Only your pocket can decide.
    No one said this monitor is not good, but for the price 2.5k$, we are asking for a perfect monitor.
    I have money to buy it, but I have a high level of OCD on non perfect things (Perfectionism), if I saw the halo effect in a game like Resident Evil (for sure it will be there), I will go crazy because I will say to my self, I paid 2.5k$ for a monitor that have not only blb, but also this new issue, halo effect, minimal or distracting, it is up for each one, but it is there. Accepting a monitor for 700$ which is not perfect is so much easier to me than a monitor that cost 2500$.
    I think for this price, it is logic to ask for a perfect monitor without any issue.
    This how my brain works.
    For example, if I bought the PG27UQ and having this like in a youtube review, I cannot accept it and keep using it, I will turn it off immediately, if it cost 600-700$, I can accept it:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26FA0409-8A7C-493B-B374-8DE848EC25FB.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	74815

https://youtu.be/Chc38IvnEjQ
    at 2:57min.

That is my opinion, hope you understand me.
    Good luck with your monitor, and OLED or MicroLed for monitors will be the only true revolution in gaming monitors.

ROG Member Array Theknystar PC Specs
    Theknystar PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z-87 deluxe
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Memory (part number)16GB ddr3 Dominator Platinum
    Graphics Card #1MSI DUKE 2080TI
    Graphics Card #2MSI DUKE 2080TI
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyZalman 1000 Watt
    Keyboard ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Razer Tapain
    Headset Sennheiser RS165
    Mouse Pad ASUS Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by ELIESEH View Post
    No one said this monitor is not good, but for the price 2.5k$, we are asking for a perfect monitor.
    I have money to buy it, but I have a high level of OCD on non perfect things (Perfectionism), if I saw the halo effect in a game like Resident Evil (for sure it will be there), I will go crazy because I will say to my self, I paid 2.5k$ for a monitor that have not only blb, but also this new issue, halo effect, minimal or distracting, it is up for each one, but it is there. Accepting a monitor for 700$ which is not perfect is so much easier to me than a monitor that cost 2500$.
    I think for this price, it is logic to ask for a perfect monitor without any issue.
    This how my brain works.
    For example, if I bought the PG27UQ and having this like in a youtube review, I cannot accept it and keep using it, I will turn it off immediately, if it cost 600-700$, I can accept it:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26FA0409-8A7C-493B-B374-8DE848EC25FB.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	74815

https://youtu.be/Chc38IvnEjQ
    at 2:57min.

That is my opinion, hope you understand me.
    Good luck with your monitor, and OLED or MicroLed for monitors will be the only true revolution in gaming monitors.
    So let me understand your problem. You have high level of OCD but you accept bad monitors if they are cheap. I mean.. Thats not OCD... you just dont want to pay for expensive monitors if they doesnt perfectly match with your expectations. If you would have that kind of OCD you wouldnt buy any monitor in the last 10 years I feel your struggle and i can kinda relate. You dont need to say that you have OCD... you just dont like the compromises what you would have with this monitor. Perfectly understandable, nothing wrong with it!

Things blown out of proportion on that video/picture as well.. EVERY video what i seen is much much worse than real life perofrmance. The camera pictures just over exaggerate the situations. Also... most of the IPS looks that way nowdays(i mean my pg27aq have that kind of grayness without cloudyness). The difference only so dramatic because with VB turned on you have a crazy good blacks. Sadly on that picture the monitor looks cloudy as well.

I agree. MicroLed could bring some really nice monitors in the future and im looking forward to that as well! Im dropping the OLED, its only good for TV-s and there are my hopes about that tech. Im not expecting MicroLed too soon and thats why i choose this monitor. You can always wait for the best (for example videocards) but sometimes you just have to pull the trigger because you might end up waiting and waiting and waiting

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array briansu PC Specs
    briansu PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th Gen (Dolby Vision screen)
    MotherboardASUS Z270 Maximus IX Formula
    Processori7-7700K 4.5 GHz
    Memory (part number)64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz @ CL 14
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2HGST Ultrastar He12 Helium
    CPU CoolerEK-Supremacy EVO - Gold
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series™ 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i Digital ATX Power Supply
    Keyboard Ducky Channel Shine 5 Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX Switch RGB Lighting - Brown
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Speed Terra
    OS Window 10 Pro 64-Bit
    Accessory #1 LG BH16NS55

Hello people. I just registered here because i bought the PG27UQ and i would like to share my experiences!
    The amount of crazy talk and blowing things out of proportion is crazy on this monitor in my opinion. I changed my PG27AQ for this (to be exact thats my 2nd monitor now)

Important thing to mention i ALWAYS game with bright lights in the room and not from the bat cave so thats differ my experience with the monitor i agree.

-First blacklight bleed
    I never had a perfect LCD that didnt come with it. I just accepted that its not that simple as QC being bad. Mine have a usual at the right top corner, nothing crazy bad, nothing what i didnt get used to.

-IPS glow
    zero with variable backlight
    Really not much with VA turned off (my pg27aq have more lol)

-Variable blacklight
    In games i cant notice it. Obviously with some really dark menu / places i will notice it if i looking for it but its not that bad experience as people go crazy about it.
    BUT i never seen this kind of great blacks from an IPS ever and im happy with that.

-Fan at the back
    I dont know what kind of silence room / laboratory room /extreme silent pc environment you guys have that the monitor is louder than your PC. I barely notice it and its really not that bad as people talk about it. Also i have a closed headset so i cant even hear if a plane crash or my room get robbed behind me so..... yea.

-HDR
    Obviously a gimmick right now but when your game have it... oh boy... its looks crazy good!

-Dead pixles
    Maybe RNG but i have none.. maybe i won the lottery or maybe the QC not that bad as people complain (dont forget pleased customers rarely comes to complain or even talk about the product)

-98/120/144 Hz
    I agree, the 144Hz is a little bit scuffed and they made it for marketing BUT the 120Hz is absolutely perfect and im gonna use it on that mode.

Overall im really happy with it. compered to my pg27aq (which you cant really call a cheap monitor either) is just looks bad with games now compare to this. The pg27uq have so much better colors / contrast and also the 120Hz is like a bless. Dont even try to run this with a single 1080TI. you have to have 2 of them and you have to keep in mind that you have to instabuy the new nvidia architecture as well for this.

What i seen from the comments lot of people cant decide what kind of gamer group they are part of. You have to figure out that before buying this. This is not made for average people and thats fine. Even ASUS is well aware of that.

-Casual: only them can say that a big ass OLED TV is much better for gaming than this. I have to tell you a secret this monitor is not made for you DONT BUY IT, you are fine with your OLED. your daily 2 hours of gaming doesnt need this monitor. OLED have a crazy technological issue which will RUIN your monitor if you are not a causal. Good luck with that, im perfectly fine with my bleed instead.

-Average: want a good value on a monitor and to be pleased with it. This is NOT a good value monitor. im 100% sure this will come cheaper in the future, you can wait and skip this if you want a better deal, dont sell your kidney boys and girls.

-Tryhard: Have random money to throw in to the garbage and fine overpaying for cutting edge things. You gonna play 5-10 Hours a day and you want the best possible experience with the most eyecandy possible. PERFECT FOR YOU.

-Pro/Pro behavior
    Want the most framerates, bring the graphs low until the edges are clear and the eyecandy is gone for better in game performance and for less distraction. You gonna be fine with this monitor but you would be fine with a cheaper one as well. Only your pocket can decide.
    Lol you can’t comment on the fans if you have headphones on This monitor is louder than the PC for 3
    reasons,

1) People are not used to monitors being actively cooled

2) Monitors sit closer to the user than the PC

3) People who can afford this monitor have silent liquid cooled PCs that run fanless when idle.*
    ASUS Z270 Maximus IX Formula / i7-7700K 4.5GHz / EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING / ASUS PG27UQ / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz @ CL 14 / Samsung 960 Pro 512GB / HGST Ultrastar He12 Helium / LG BH16NS55 / Corsair AX1200i / Window 10 Pro 64-Bit

3DMark Results

Time Spy 1.0 SLI ENABLED = 13,575

http://bit.ly/2rEWbTT
    Fire Strike 1.1 Extreme Edition SLI ENABLED = 19,563
    http://bit.ly/2rqdhb6
    Fire Strike 1.1 Extreme Edition SLI DISABLED = 12,750
    http://bit.ly/2qL2IMW

ROG Guru: White Belt Array ELIESEH PC Specs
    ELIESEH PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-6900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4A2400C14
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G
    MonitorACER XB271HU
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 256 GB
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB
    CPU CoolerHydro Series™ H115i
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro

So let me understand your problem. You have high level of OCD but you accept bad monitors if they are cheap. I mean.. Thats not OCD... you just dont want to pay for expensive monitors if they doesnt perfectly match with your expectations. If you would have that kind of OCD you wouldnt buy any monitor in the last 10 years I feel your struggle and i can kinda relate. You dont need to say that you have OCD... you just dont like the compromises what you would have with this monitor. Perfectly understandable, nothing wrong with it!

Things blown out of proportion on that video/picture as well.. EVERY video what i seen is much much worse than real life perofrmance. The camera pictures just over exaggerate the situations. Also... most of the IPS looks that way nowdays(i mean my pg27aq have that kind of grayness without cloudyness). The difference only so dramatic because with VB turned on you have a crazy good blacks. Sadly on that picture the monitor looks cloudy as well.

I agree. MicroLed could bring some really nice monitors in the future and im looking forward to that as well! Im dropping the OLED, its only good for TV-s and there are my hopes about that tech. Im not expecting MicroLed too soon and thats why i choose this monitor. You can always wait for the best (for example videocards) but sometimes you just have to pull the trigger because you might end up waiting and waiting and waiting
    You are talking to the wrong person, concerning waiting and waiting...
    Looks at my RIG specification before you gives me your analyses. and now I am building a new rig with WP100 case, full custom cooling for the coming cascade lake-x.
    What I want to say in conclusion, that a monitor that cost 2.5k$ cannot be less than perfect.
    And it is normal that you want to convince your self that the monitor is perfect and halo effect is not noticeable or distracting in dark areas because you already bought it, I understand you regards.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by briansu View Post
    Lol you can’t comment on the fans if you have headphones on This monitor is louder than the PC for 3
    reasons,

1) People are not used to monitors being actively cooled

2) Monitors sit closer to the user than the PC

3) People who can afford this monitor have silent liquid cooled PCs that run fanless when idle.*

I have tested with headphones on and off my pc is louder and I do not hear the fan at all on my unit that was produced in june 2018 pg27uq If you are lucky enough to get a panel with no backlight bleed or dead pixels keep it this is my 2nd asus monitor and I am very satisfied with my purchase. I just hope I will be able to say the same thing in 2019 with the new oled tv's

briansu PC Specs
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    Keyboard Ducky Channel Shine 5 Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX Switch RGB Lighting - Brown
    Mouse Logitech G903
    OS Window 10 Pro 64-Bit
    Accessory #1 LG BH16NS55

Quote Originally Posted by bubba123 View Post
    I have tested with headphones on and off my pc is louder and I do not hear the fan at all on my unit that was produced in june 2018 pg27uq If you are lucky enough to get a panel with no backlight bleed or dead pixels keep it this is my 2nd asus monitor and I am very satisfied with my purchase. I just hope I will be able to say the same thing in 2019 with the new oled tv's
    mine seems to spin all the time at the same speed. I can certainly hear it because the PC is 99% silent. Only the water pump spins but that's way too quiet to be heard.

I don't think I've got any dead pixels. Haven't checked properly. Will do later.

what is backlight bleed? I'll look that up and check for that too.
    ASUS Z270 Maximus IX Formula / i7-7700K 4.5GHz / EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING / ASUS PG27UQ / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz @ CL 14 / Samsung 960 Pro 512GB / HGST Ultrastar He12 Helium / LG BH16NS55 / Corsair AX1200i / Window 10 Pro 64-Bit

3DMark Results

ROG Member Array Theknystar PC Specs
    Theknystar PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z-87 deluxe
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Memory (part number)16GB ddr3 Dominator Platinum
    Graphics Card #1MSI DUKE 2080TI
    Graphics Card #2MSI DUKE 2080TI
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyZalman 1000 Watt
    Keyboard ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Razer Tapain
    Headset Sennheiser RS165
    Mouse Pad ASUS Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by ELIESEH View Post
    You are talking to the wrong person, concerning waiting and waiting...
    Looks at my RIG specification before you gives me your analyses. and now I am building a new rig with WP100 case, full custom cooling for the coming cascade lake-x.
    What I want to say in conclusion, that a monitor that cost 2.5k$ cannot be less than perfect.
    And it is normal that you want to convince your self that the monitor is perfect and halo effect is not noticeable or distracting in dark areas because you already bought it, I understand you regards.
    "already bought it" i still have plenty of time with the return policy but im satisfied with it so im gonna keep it, i dont have to convince anybody about that. All i said is that the available reviews are not represeting accurate results about this monitor and how it looks in real life and people overreact on things.

i get that you are mad because you bought a bad monitor "XG2703-GS" and you want to bring under 1 hat all off the AUO panels and tell us all of their technologically different panels come form the same factory or something like that. I bet there are worse and better factorys under the AUO company. I bet ASUS have higher quality standards for the panels made by them since they have better rep than ViewSonic and have more to loose. btw you can bring down the cost of a panel if you accept more defected ones from the factory (Example: ViewSonic).

So at the end of the day you bought a not even asus product and you come to the same conclusion about this monitor must be awful as well because of AUO.

I feel like you and me are the type of people who could argue days.... we shouldnt do that... we can call it a day and agree to disagree and none of us wins this fight.
    My final conclusion. If a MicroLed 4k at least 120hz monitor come to the market i will buy that as well

briansu OFC i checked it without my headset barely hearbale to me, obviosuly im more used to loeder enviroment than idle fan PC setups

briansu PC Specs
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    Mouse Logitech G903
    OS Window 10 Pro 64-Bit
    Accessory #1 LG BH16NS55

ok just checked, no backlight bleeding, but I'll repeat the test when it's dark tonight.

I can only find 1 'pixel' that seems a bit strange. As a move my head up and down the monitor it switches from coloured to black and goes back and forth like that. It looks deeper in the surface than where the other stuff are displayed. It's a the top left corner (top 5%) region of the screen. Kind of where the 'refresh' button on Google Chrome is when it's full-screen. I've never noticed this until I focused hard to look for it.But what is this thing? dead pixel? I would have thought a dead pixel would appear the same colour regardless of viewing angle but this isn't the case.

3DMark Results

ROG Guru: White Belt Array ELIESEH PC Specs
    ELIESEH PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-6900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4A2400C14
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G
    MonitorACER XB271HU
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 256 GB
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB
    CPU CoolerHydro Series™ H115i
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro

"already bought it" i still have plenty of time with the return policy but im satisfied with it so im gonna keep it, i dont have to convince anybody about that. All i said is that the available reviews are not represeting accurate results about this monitor and how it looks in real life and people overreact on things.

i get that you are mad because you bought a bad monitor "XG2703-GS" and you want to bring under 1 hat all off the AUO panels and tell us all of their technologically different panels come form the same factory or something like that. I bet there are worse and better factorys under the AUO company. I bet ASUS have higher quality standards for the panels made by them since they have better rep than ViewSonic and have more to loose. btw you can bring down the cost of a panel if you accept more defected ones from the factory (Example: ViewSonic).

So at the end of the day you bought a not even asus product and you come to the same conclusion about this monitor must be awful as well because of AUO.

I feel like you and me are the type of people who could argue days.... we shouldnt do that... we can call it a day and agree to disagree and none of us wins this fight.
    My final conclusion. If a MicroLed 4k at least 120hz monitor come to the market i will buy that as well

briansu OFC i checked it without my headset barely hearbale to me, obviosuly im more used to loeder enviroment than idle fan PC setups
    I am not here for a fight with anybody, i bought the viewsonic because you know the very bad reviews about the Asus PG279Q. that is, i like asus but in the end it is the same company AUO. and you know that Asus accept the bad panels for the PG279Q, and still for these days, the PG279Q has very bad reviews.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I have to agree with you I am very happy with what I Received and I hate having to make returns on monitors it seems asus has done a good job with this display.

Page 151 of 165 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 ... LastLast