Page 29 of 165 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Thread: Pg27uq

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sichtwechsel86 View Post
    There is!

You have to reduce chroma when you go over 98hz - due to the limit of DP1.4...

monitor is capable of doing:

4K 98hz + 10 bit + HDR @ 444

everything above this needs tweaking (reducing chroma, going back to 8bit or just SDR)

4K 120 hz + 8 bit + SDR @ 444

so in my understanding -
    one has just to reduce the chroma, if going 10bit + HDR

but at least we have everything up to 98hz!
    I'm fine with that since every game does not even support hdr anyway

4K 120 hz + 8 bit + SDR @ 444

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmaster5000 View Post
    So the major flaw of the monitor is the inability to maintain the entire package worth of specs all together above 98hz without compromising atleast one specification.
    Another flaw would be the 8bit+FRC instead of 10bit like HDR10 would have had, and subpar colors which should have been better for the pre-order prices.
    More minor flaws which have to yet be determined would include latency of FALD and general response time of the monitor. Backlight bleed may still occur, and the possibility of poor quality control as seen in the past with AUO monitors may happen.

The BIGGEST flaw is the price. Even though R&D may have been high, this monitor still has the inability to clearly define what type of consumer it's for. Even if someone is rolling in money, I just dont see it being a good buy. I easily have the money to buy it, but why would I? I am genuinely considering one of those fancy OLED TVs now or just the PG279Q because I can get a better performance to money ratio. If this monitor is anywhere around $3000, there is going to be some heavy justifying as to why, us the consumer, should buy it. Particularly as a canadian, that price will be almost $4000 for me, ridiculous. So far, it sounds like these companies are not going to be selling more than a thousand units, hahah.
    if you look at the current gsync monitors the 4k 60hz gsync 27 inch retails for about $879 right now so with the new tech and everything included I can't see this display costing more than $1500 that seems fair since its only a 27 inch this would be a different story if it was a 34 inch

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by bubba123 View Post
    if you look at the current gsync monitors the 4k 60hz gsync 27 inch retails for about $879 right now so with the new tech and everything included I can't see this display costing more than $1500 that seems fair since its only a 27 inch this would be a different story if it was a 34 inch
    I could be wrong but I believe it is the fald that is driving up the cost. As driving fald to keep up with 144hz screen isn't easy or cheap.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I agree. 1500€ could be a high but fair price.
    2500€ is simply an idiot price.

They will sell ten of those

ROG Enthusiast Array

I would be willing to spend 1500$ if it was just a SDR 4k 120Hz 8bit gaming monitor, without the HDR stuff and without the bandwidth problems. Well and not bigger than 27". Actually I'd even prefer 24" -> no more need for anti-aliasing .

Quote Originally Posted by alporta View Post
    I would be willing to spend 1500$ if it was just a SDR 4k 120Hz 8bit gaming monitor, without the HDR stuff and without the bandwidth problems. Well and not bigger than 27". Actually I'd even prefer 24" -> no more need for anti-aliasing .
    27 is as small as I Will go on a pc monitor so its just right

ROG Enthusiast Array

27 is as small as I Will go on a pc monitor so its just right
    Ok, well how about a 4K 16:10 (3840x2400) monitor? Make it happen! Imo this wide, narrow strip that 16:9 is is silly. Bring out some 16:10!

Quote Originally Posted by alporta View Post
    Ok, well how about a 4K 16:10 (3840x2400) monitor? Make it happen! Imo this wide, narrow strip that 16:9 is is silly. Bring out some 16:10!
    I don't think I would be impressed by 3840x2400 after playing on 5k and 8k last year even though it was at 60hz there is a huge difference when in comparsion to 4k now my ideal setup if you want to go above 4k maybe 5k or 8k 100hz at a decent price 35 inch display or larger ips with high refresh rate and gpu's that could push that resolution in games 16:9 so 5120x2880 @ 100hz or 7680x4320 @ 100hz but I Know we won't see that anytime soon so I will be fine using 4k 144hz for the next 4+ years if that's the case.

Well these monitors are def not for average gamers. With the huge price tag, only people buying these will be the rich and enthusiasts who also buy hardware like Titan V's.

We will have to wait another 1 or 2 years for a monitor with these specs to be under $1500. By that time there will be 120Hz OLED panels. You can always use Fast sync for for the missing G-sync. Also These should not be advertised as 144Hz HDR, they are HDR 95Hz , since you dont get a 98Hz option in NV control panel.

AM pretty sure Samsung /LG/alienware or Dell will be able to produce 10bit 100hz HDR panels by end of 2019 making the PG27uq a rippoff for early adopters.

Thank of it like Titans from NVidia and the cheaper 1080ti. I really wasn't expecting these to be targeted at prosumers but I guess they are. Who else would pay $3k for a 27inch and that's only 40hz higher in refresh than current 4k HDR Displays ?

If we want real HDR we will have to go back to G-sync less display for atleast 2 years or just use Fast sync Till tech gets better and use upcoming OLED's/ other displays.

The wait isn't over guys. These monitors are not what everyone was looking for. Just gotta wait more.

Quote Originally Posted by KOT0005 View Post
    Well these monitors are def not for average gamers. With the huge price tag, only people buying these will be the rich and enthusiasts who also buy hardware like Titan V's.

We will have to wait another 1 or 2 years for a monitor with these specs to be under $1500. By that time there will be 120Hz OLED panels. You can always use Fast sync for for the missing G-sync. Also These should not be advertised as 144Hz HDR, they are HDR 95Hz , since you dont get a 98Hz option in NV control panel.

AM pretty sure Samsung /LG/alienware or Dell will be able to produce 10bit 100hz HDR panels by end of 2019 making the PG27uq a rippoff for early adopters.

Thank of it like Titans from NVidia and the cheaper 1080ti. I really wasn't expecting these to be targeted at prosumers but I guess they are. Who else would pay $3k for a 27inch and that's only 40hz higher in refresh than current 4k HDR Displays ?

If we want real HDR we will have to go back to G-sync less display for atleast 2 years or just use Fast sync Till tech gets better and use upcoming OLED's/ other displays.

The wait isn't over guys. These monitors are not what everyone was looking for. Just gotta wait more.

I don't get it. Aren't they 144Hz? Why you say not 144Hz?

Page 29 of 165 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast