Page 28 of 166 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread: Pg27uq

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sancus View Post
    It's your money, but the Dell objectively does not even come close to offering what Asus and Nvidia have promised for G-sync HDR displays. It's not a competitor at all, in any way, shape, or form.

If your primary purpose for a display is gaming, motion resolution is the single most important attribute and 60hz simply doesn't cut it, especially with no VRR at all. If I was happy with 60hz I would have already bought a C8 OLED which is an infinitely superior display to any of these LCDs.
    I feel like this is very overlooked when speaking of this monitor, It is a gaming display first and foremost that has really good HDR color. Personally I want it because it is driving 144hz at 4k with Gsync, The HDR is a nice bonus to make it even better.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by calzenth View Post
    I feel like this is very overlooked when speaking of this monitor, It is a gaming display first and foremost that has really good HDR color. Personally I want it because it is driving 144hz at 4k with Gsync, The HDR is a nice bonus to make it even better.
    amen to that people are wanting this to be the no compromise display a perfect flawless panel but I am happy just now getting 4k and 144hz with gsync on a single monitor I Have waited for this since 2014 when I first got my hands on my first 4k panel since then I have tested 5k and even 8k and while 5k is a very nice visual increase 8k seemed more like of a its not needed thing I will be sticking with 4k 144hz until we have 5k and 8k displays at 100+ hz refresh rate and video cards to push that so for me these 4k 144hz panels are the ultimate displays. Unless you can give me a 4K 55 inch oled 144hz gsync hdr panel with 4ms response time
    Last edited by bubba123; 04-29-2018 at 12:23 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by bubba123 View Post
    amen to that people are wanting this to be the no compromise display a perfect flawless panel but I am happy just now getting 4k and 144hz with gsync on a single monitor I Have waited for this since 2014 when I first got my hands on my first 4k panel since then I have tested 5k and even 8k and while 5k is a very nice visual increase 8k seemed more like of a its not needed thing I will be sticking with 4k 144hz until we have 5k and 8k displays at 100+ hz refresh rate and video cards to push that so for me these 4k 144hz panels are the ultimate displays. Unless you can give me a 4K 55 inch oled 144hz gsync hdr panel with 4ms response time
    You must be looking for this https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/nvidia...ces-explained/

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hm, I finally decided. I will wait for DP 1.5 connection before I buy it. So no selfinflicted quality drop by Chroma reduction and no reduced max FPS under "circumstances". That's just not acceptable to me, no matter the monitor price. Until then I will roll with IPS SDR 1440p/144Hz instead and enjoy the higher framerate the GPU can push at this resolution.
    Last edited by alporta; 04-30-2018 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FurnyQC View Post
    if I got it I would get rid of my 4k oled tv the 55 inch BFGD 65 inch I already find 55 inch too big lol but I would adjust to it just sit farther back it all depends on the quality of the panel I know those bfgd displays are va panels so it won't match oled for contrast and color accuracy but if its at least ips quality or within the realm of getting close to the oled then I would not have any problems getting rid of my oled for a BFGD .
    Last edited by bubba123; 04-30-2018 at 12:46 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by alporta View Post
    Hm, I finally decided. I will wait for DP 1.5 connection before I buy it. So no selfinflicted quality drop by Chroma reduction and no reduced max FPS under "circumstances". That's just not acceptable to me, no matter the monitor price. Until then I will roll with IPS SDR 1440p/144Hz instead and enjoy the higher framerate the GPU can push at this resolution.

Same here. I can't understand why would they launch a display which can't display stuff correctly. No ''gamer'' will buy that expensive monitor because of cool numbers. I think Asus needs to hire new people, who understands the importance of having marketing department working together with the product development team.

ROG Enthusiast Array

At least if there would be full chroma mode up to 98Hz with HDR and gsync....

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    At least if there would be full chroma mode up to 98Hz with HDR and gsync....
    There is!

You have to reduce chroma when you go over 98hz - due to the limit of DP1.4...

monitor is capable of doing:

4K 98hz + 10 bit + HDR @ 444

everything above this needs tweaking (reducing chroma, going back to 8bit or just SDR)

4K 120 hz + 8 bit + SDR @ 444

so in my understanding -
    one has just to reduce the chroma, if going 10bit + HDR

but at least we have everything up to 98hz!

ROG Enthusiast Array

The question is - will this mode be configurable option? because you cannot simply walk into Mor- you cannot simply switch chroma mode according actual fps. And I am sure it must be both monitor and vga driver/OS option. Monitor must report these modes to vga driver to be selectable option.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB 3000MHz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

So the major flaw of the monitor is the inability to maintain the entire package worth of specs all together above 98hz without compromising atleast one specification.
    Another flaw would be the 8bit+FRC instead of 10bit like HDR10 would have had, and subpar colors which should have been better for the pre-order prices.
    More minor flaws which have to yet be determined would include latency of FALD and general response time of the monitor. Backlight bleed may still occur, and the possibility of poor quality control as seen in the past with AUO monitors may happen.

The BIGGEST flaw is the price. Even though R&D may have been high, this monitor still has the inability to clearly define what type of consumer it's for. Even if someone is rolling in money, I just dont see it being a good buy. I easily have the money to buy it, but why would I? I am genuinely considering one of those fancy OLED TVs now or just the PG279Q because I can get a better performance to money ratio. If this monitor is anywhere around $3000, there is going to be some heavy justifying as to why, us the consumer, should buy it. Particularly as a canadian, that price will be almost $4000 for me, ridiculous. So far, it sounds like these companies are not going to be selling more than a thousand units, hahah.
    Last edited by kevinmaster5000; 04-30-2018 at 05:15 PM.

Page 28 of 166 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast