Page 123 of 165 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1647

Thread: Pg27uq

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmaster5000 View Post
    Would you be able to measure the length of the cables it comes with (the Displayport 1.4 and the power cable)?
    Also, I would fully get those pixels fixed, you paid for it, might as well get what you paid for.
    The display port cable is about 1-1.25 yards long. Basically standard size pack in display port cable.

The power cable itself is about 2 feet long but it connects to a power brick which has its own cable extending to the monitor. That cable is about 1-1.25 yards long.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chewiie View Post
    Probably 'worse' if I was to just go off a cell phone camera shot but I have no idea what camera he shot screen caps of that demo with, what the settings were on his particular monitor, etc.

And that was with hdr on windows set to on and the brightness cranked up to the absolute maximum. There's a settting called 'Reference White (nits) in the Asus OSD that defaults to 80 but goes up to 300. It almost feels like you're searing your retina with anything above 150.

The bloom doesn't look that drastic at all to the naked eye and is very overblown in pictures.
    If you have an Iphone (mine is Iphone 6s) there's a way to lower down the ISO, so maybe you just lower it down until the picture taken resembles real life viewing the most then take the picture.

It's surprising you say the blooming is very overblown in pictures while Sichtwechsel86 says the picture is not exaggerating. So Acer X27 is crap compared to Asus PG27UQ?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB 3000MHz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
    If you have an Iphone (mine is Iphone 6s) there's a way to lower down the ISO, so maybe you just lower it down until the picture taken resembles real life viewing the most then take the picture.

It's surprising you say the blooming is very overblown in pictures while Sichtwechsel86 says the picture is not exaggerating. So Acer X27 is crap compared to Asus PG27UQ?
    Yet again another thing that suggests that somehow, even though it's the exact same panels, that Acer messed up.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB 3000MHz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Chewiie View Post
    The display port cable is about 1-1.25 yards long. Basically standard size pack in display port cable.

The power cable itself is about 2 feet long but it connects to a power brick which has its own cable extending to the monitor. That cable is about 1-1.25 yards long.
    So what would you rate the panel out of 10?

Another user's review of PG27UQ. Much more positive than what I've seen from Acer X27's so far. Who should we believe?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/co...pg27uq_review/

I just can tell what i have seen - but the pictures on Lims Cave showing the 'haloing' around small lightpoints in HDR is exactly what i have seen with my own eyes...
    that - and bad BLB - and a dead pixel - and a loud fan - and a defect stand - all reasons for me to return this monitor...

maybe i give the PG27UQ a try in a few months, when i have passed my exams...
    maybe a second batch will be better assembled/produced...
    i got the impression they rushed - to get it finally on markets!

what makes me a bit sad is, that most people have minimum 1 dead pixel...

ROG Enthusiast Array

As long as there will be fald, there will be halos. The question is - is it so bad its worth waiting for MLED/better stable OLED? I say no way.

As my expirience with PG27UQ prolong, I must criticize a little Tamagotchi style. U want play games? Switch to fps profile. Is it evening and dark room? U must activate brightness regulation. Is it daylight? Switch to sRGB mode, because brightness regulations is not enough.
    But damn, visuals are beautigul.

One notice: Assasins creed origins HDR is not working for me. I thought it works, but its not - it didnt activate. When I turn it on, it will correctly switch the HDR (asus always pop up a message), but I got terribly distorted colors.

I just checked, Its working now as it should, wtf.
    Last edited by nest; 06-22-2018 at 10:29 AM.

I got an interesting phone call from a retailer... (alternate.de)

He said they have plenty of PG27UQ in stock - but ASUS blocked them to sell these, as they would need a firmware-update...

Also they had to write to people who already received their PG27UQ to send it back for the update-process - as it is impossible for endusers to update the firmwae themselves!

And it would take time until the new update is ready (its in developement right now!) and flashed onto the units!
    The alternate.de service told me they plan on selling the monitors again at the end of july - when the process is finished!
    They are waiting for the update from Asus and then have to flash firmware for every single unit!

And i also checked the site - the PG27UQ has vanished completely from their site -
    but hours ago it was there, in stock and sold for 2599€

So it seems, that Asus knows about some problems and some users were right when saying:
    early adopters are beta-testers!

Has anyone of you received an email to send your monitors back for updating the firmware??

First comparison review of PG27UQ and X27

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/co...s_asus_pg27uq/

Quote Originally Posted by Sichtwechsel86 View Post
    First comparison review of PG27UQ and X27

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/co...s_asus_pg27uq/
    damn that blb on acer...I can't believe asus actually is better this time

And they're still tweaking software? Any chance for better fald control so less haloing?*

Page 123 of 165 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast