Page 143 of 165 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1647

Thread: Pg27uq

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by ELIESEH View Post
    Enough is enough is enough �� We need to stop bying any monitors immediately. Its out of stupidity. They are stolen our money. I bought 2 weeks ago the XG2703-GS for 1000$ stuck pixel bad backlights bleed and ips glow out of box, changed it for a last chance, i cannot change again anymore in the store, bad backlight bleed and ips glow but no dead pixel for the second one. Today 2 dead pixels appears suddenly, i got crazy, my blood pressure go to 20, I destroyed the monitor and put it in garbage. Enough is enough. I swear to god i will not buy any new monitor until allll these bull**** issues fixed, no more AHVA panels never ever. AU OPTRONICS YOUR ARE THE DEVIL. If we continue support AUO and all the monitors manufacturing, they will never take the responsibility and respect customers.

*http://imgur.com/J1TeXa1

Now the monitor is in the garbage, I burned 1000$ and i learn to stop buying monitors until new technology comes.
    LCD to be dead.*
    you overpaid this XG2703-GS cost $699 here in america and we all knew about the pg27uq and the acer x27 for quite some time so its not a random purchase for alot of us it has been like 18 months since it was announced

ROG Guru: White Belt Array ELIESEH PC Specs
    ELIESEH PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-6900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4A2400C14
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G
    MonitorACER XB271HU
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 256 GB
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB
    CPU CoolerHydro Series™ H115i
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Power SupplyCooler Master V1000
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by bubba123 View Post
    you overpaid this XG2703-GS cost $699 here in america and we all knew about the pg27uq and the acer x27 for quite some time so its not a random purchase for alot of us it has been like 18 months since it was announced
    PG27UQ and X27 are also AHVA panel from AUO.
    So 0 dead pixel is not guaranteed, backlight bleed also, and all the disadvantages of AHVA panels from the worst company ever on earth AUO, *And now firmware issue, i live in lebanon so if I bought the PG27UQ online, i will not be able to return it for firmware fix.
    I lost 1000$, and I accept my faults and I learned from it, but with PG27UQ or x27, QC is not also guarantee even for those ultra expensive monitors(read many bad reviews at newegg) , in this case i could lost 2500$*

Even here in this forum, there are many with dead pixels, backlight bleed on their PG27UQ and X27.
    Should we need to pay 10,000$ for a monitor for a guaranteed perfect one?!?!
    Any monitor with panel made by AUO, i will not buy it. what a garbage company AUO.
    Last edited by ELIESEH; 07-15-2018 at 06:55 PM.

ROG Member Array aylan1196 PC Specs
    aylan1196 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus rampage 5 10th anvi
    Processor6950x
    Memory (part number)rog corsair dominator 16gb
    Graphics Card #1titan x pascal
    Monitorasus pg348q , pg279q
    Storage #1samsung ssd 850
    Storage #2samsung ssd 840
    CPU Coolerswiftech h320x-2
    Casephanteks evolve
    Power Supplyevga 1300
    Keyboard asus claymor
    Mouse asus spartha
    Headset mmx 330
    Mouse Pad asus rog seith
    OS win 10 64 pro
    Network Routerasus ac88u

I got mine no dead pixel what so ever slight bleed .... this monitor is a keeper*
    Guess I won the lottery......good luck to u all... and regarding firmware upgrade it’s listed on ASUS site that u can do it later by urself *through software

PG27UQ and X27 are also AHVA panel from AUO.
    So 0 dead pixel is not guaranteed, backlight bleed also, and all the disadvantages of AHVA panels from the worst company ever on earth AUO, *And now firmware issue, i live in lebanon so if I bought the PG27UQ online, i will not be able to return it for firmware fix.
    I lost 1000$, and I accept my faults and I learned from it, but with PG27UQ or x27, QC is not also guarantee even for those ultra expensive monitors(read many bad reviews at newegg) , in this case i could lost 2500$*

Even here in this forum, there are many with dead pixels, backlight bleed on their PG27UQ and X27.
    Should we need to pay 10,000$ for a monitor for a guaranteed perfect one?!?!
    Any monitor with panel made by AUO, i will not buy it. what a garbage company AUO.
    the firmware fix will be downloadable on asus website in the coming months as they have already posted and as for monitors and displays there is no way of getting a perfect panel unless you order from korean sellers who sell monitors like crossover and catleap and buy from a seller called dreamseller he will inspect the panel and send you photos of it before he ships it off so if you really want a 4k 120hz display right now your best option is to buy the 43 inch wasabi mango on ebay 4k 120hz for like $1389 and ask the seller to inspect the panel for dust and dead pixels I have went this route before when buying a 4k 60hz korean panel and it worked good but its still not the same high quality of what you are getting like when getting major branded asus and acer panels

ELIESEH PC Specs
    MonitorACER XB271HU
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro

the firmware fix will be downloadable on asus website in the coming months as they have already posted and as for monitors and displays there is no way of getting a perfect panel unless you order from korean sellers who sell monitors like crossover and catleap and buy from a seller called dreamseller he will inspect the panel and send you photos of it before he ships it off so if you really want a 4k 120hz display right now your best option is to buy the 43 inch wasabi mango on ebay 4k 120hz for like $1389 and ask the seller to inspect the panel for dust and dead pixels I have went this route before when buying a 4k 60hz korean panel and it worked good but its still not the same high quality of what you are getting like when getting major branded asus and acer panels
    thanks for your reply and ideas.
    You are talking about quality of asus and acer, but no, cover means nothing, the core of a screen is the panel made by AUO, which means AUO quality not asus, acer, dell, viewsonic...
    Also i have the money and ready to buy the PG27UQ but not ready to play the lottery for 2500$ After what’s happened to me.
    Can someone guarantee me to have a PG27UQ, without dead/stuck pixel, without backlight bleeding or dust? I think i am asking for the minimum with 2500$ monitor.
    But no one can guarantee this.
    I don’t know who made this ISO standard of dead/stuck pixels or backlight bleeding that is acceptable. I need to ask someone in ASUS ACER... especially AUO if he accepts to buy and work on a screen that cost 1-2.5k$ with dead/stuck pixels or backlight bleeding that destroys the most important color in a screen which is black. Do you accept?
    So it is acceptable to buy a defective monitor even with one dead pixel which can be many in the future with a premium price?
    AUO said millions of pixels in a panel is complex, this is a manufacturing issue that is not acceptable in 2018, and this is nothing of complexity compared to a GPU or CPU that contains billions and not millions of transistors having size of approx 18 atoms!!! And never heard someone received a CPU not workings because of a dead transistor.
    *I am not here asking for a lower price, take 2.5k$ but gives us a guarantee monitor without manufacturing defects, what this philosophy of telling us accept a defective monitor with small amout of dead stuck pixels, or with backlight bleed with premium price, a defect is a defect, small or big.
    Who’s accept to buy a premium car that has small scratches on the outside ?? Please someone tell me? Do you accept?*
    And not all of us can have an easy return, monitors are made only for Europe or USA only?! Are the rest of people living on mars ?
    But if we continue to accept this policy about accepting defective monitors, they will never take the responsibility, and if someone here wins *the lottery, remember you will not win it every time.
    I hope no one will receive a defective monitor with high cost and not able to return it, the most bad feeling ever.
    *Best regards**
    Last edited by ELIESEH; 07-15-2018 at 11:00 PM.

thanks for your reply and ideas.
    You are talking about quality of asus and acer, but no, cover means nothing, the core of a screen is the panel made by AUO, which means AUO quality not asus, acer, dell, viewsonic...
    Also i have the money and ready to buy the PG27UQ but not ready to play the lottery for 2500$ After what’s happened to me.
    Can someone guarantee me to have a PG27UQ, without dead/stuck pixel, without backlight bleeding or dust? I think i am asking for the minimum with 2500$ monitor.
    But no one can guarantee this.
    I don’t know who made this ISO standard of dead/stuck pixels or backlight bleeding that is acceptable. I need to ask someone in ASUS ACER... especially AUO if he accepts to buy and work on a screen that cost 1-2.5k$ with dead/stuck pixels or backlight bleeding that destroys the most important color in a screen which is black. Do you accept?
    So it is acceptable to buy a defective monitor even with one dead pixel which can be many in the future with a premium price?
    AUO said millions of pixels in a panel is complex, this is a manufacturing issue that is not acceptable in 2018, and this is nothing of complexity compared to a GPU or CPU that contains billions and not millions of transistors having size of approx 18 atoms!!! And never heard someone received a CPU not workings because of a dead transistor.
    *I am not here asking for a lower price, take 2.5k$ but gives us a guarantee monitor without manufacturing defects, what this philosophy of telling us accept a defective monitor with small amout of dead stuck pixels, or with backlight bleed with premium price, a defect is a defect, small or big.
    Who’s accept to buy a premium car that has small scratches on the outside ?? Please someone tell me? Do you accept?*
    And not all of us can have an easy return, monitors are made only for Europe or USA only?! Are the rest of people living on mars ?
    But if we continue to accept this policy about accepting defective monitors, they will never take the responsibility, and if someone here wins *the lottery, remember you will not win it every time.
    I hope no one will receive a defective monitor with high cost and not able to return it, the most bad feeling ever.
    *Best regards**
    If you didn't already destroy the panel I would have tried to sell it online on ebay or something to get some money back.

Well there is another way you could receive a panel with no dead pixels and issues wait for someone to sell it on ebay. The only absolute perfect panels I have ever got from my years of buying monitors since like 2012 were my oled displays I have had many ips tn panels in the past even the dell 8k monitor I bought for $5000 was not perfect but I was able to get my money back my reselling it online.
    Last edited by bubba123; 07-16-2018 at 02:01 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB 3000MHz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

If you didn't already destroy the panel I would have tried to sell it online on ebay or something to get some money back.

Well there is another way you could receive a panel with no dead pixels and issues wait for someone to sell it on ebay. The only absolute perfect panels I have ever got from my years of buying monitors since like 2012 were my oled displays I have had many ips tn panels in the past even the dell 8k monitor I bought for $5000 was not perfect but I was able to get my money back my reselling it online.
    To be fair, I've gone through about 6-7 monitors, including two PG27UQ (thought the fans were QC problem but it was just bad lol) and haven't had a QC problem for the screen itself. Idk if that's lucky or not, but the internet seems to blow it out of proportion.

ROG Member Array

So this is kinda interesting:

I turned my monitor off and shined a cell phone led flashlight against the panel to help with blowing off some dust. Looking real closely, I could see a PCB/circuit-like layout embedded into the panel with a slightly more copper-ish color tone compared to the blacking gray of panel itself. It's impossible to see under normal circumstances and can just be made out with an led flashlight shining directly at the screen. Almost looks like random UFO landing patterns in a farmer's field or something

I thought this was the backlight, but the backlight is arranged in a sort of triangle configuration in the center of the screen and some strips on the left and right sides. What in the hell am I looking at? I first thought maybe my panel had some inherit adhesive defect with one of the panel layers, but the triangle and adjacent strips are all completely symmetrical and in a clear deliberate pattern with the central triangle pattern and the lateral verticle rectangle patterns. If it was an adhesive defect, there would likely be quite a lot of inconsistency in the noted copperish toned layers.

Is this the actual local dimming backlight portion of the monitor? If so, why is only the center of the screen and certain lateral strips covered instead of the entire screen? Are these the areas where you can get 'peak 1000 nit brightness' with the rest of the screen capped at 600 nits max in hdr?

What exactly is this mystery zone?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iwanttobelieve.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	74731

ELIESEH PC Specs
    MonitorACER XB271HU
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Destroyed it, I was not able to control myself, I felt electricity in my brain. I Drove 600Km to have the first monitor and the replacement, paid over price of 1000$, then the monitor has backlight bleed, IPS glow and 2 dead pixels within 2 weeks !!! Yes, we need an OLED gaming monitor, already sent an EMAIL to LG asking them if they can enter the market of gaming monitors, hope LG will fix the burn-in soon.

Thank u for your reply

ELIESEH PC Specs
    MonitorACER XB271HU
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Guys what is this blooming/halo effect !! I am reading some reviews about the PG27UQ and I was shocked !
    I have a very high level of OCD and my brain cannot accept anything less than perfect especially in monitors, I cannot handle the IPS glow, how can I handle this blooming which is worse!!
    do you see it in dark area in games?
    human arrived to mars, and LCD problems not fixed yet even in 2018! they are increasing with new technology instead of decreasing, nice
    Last edited by ELIESEH; 07-16-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Page 143 of 165 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 ... LastLast