Thread: Pg27uq

ROG Member Array SilenMar PC Specs
    SilenMar PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus - ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
    ProcessorIntel - Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair - Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3000
    Graphics Card #1EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 Hybrid
    Graphics Card #2EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 Hybrid
    MonitorBenQ - XL2546 24.5" 1920x1080 240Hz, Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 120GB
    Storage #2Seagate - BarraCuda Pro 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM x3
    CPU CoolerCorsair - H110
    CaseCorsair - Air 540 Silver ATX Mid Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA - SuperNOVA T2 1600W 80+ Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair - K95 RGB PLATINUM
    Mouse Logitech - G703 (Black) Wireless Optical
    Headset Kingston - HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Accessory #1 Noctua - NF-F12
    Accessory #2 Noctua - NF-A14 x2
    Accessory #3 Noctua - NF-P14s redux x4

It would be good to put some UFO/motionblur tests for comparison
    components in PCPartPicker
    Intel 8700K - 5.1GHz core, 5.0GHz cache, 1.37v
    EVGA FTW3 1080Ti Hybrid SLI - 2.0GHz core, 12GHz memory
    Asus Maximus X Hero
    Corsair Dominator 16x4GB - 3000MHz default XMP 15-17-17-35
    Fire Strike 36838 Extreme 25250 Ultra 14464

Banned Array

I watched Microsoft's E3 today and it really got me feeling depressed and mad. XBOX ONE has a lot of HDR support. Multi-platform games should support HDR on all platforms.
    I have a really big feeling there is a contract between Microsoft and certain developers to only include HDR on XBOX ONE X. This practice should be illegal!
    Rise of Tomb Raider, Sea of Theives, NBA 2K17, Recore, Warframe, World of Tanks, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Black Desert Online, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Dead Rising 4, Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, L.A. Noire, Mafia III, Minecraft, No Man's Sky, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, ReCore, Snake Pass, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and now Nier: Automata! The above games all have HDR on XBOX ONE X but not PC!!!
    This practice has got me sick to my stomach and I have a migraine while typing this!! I'm getting the ASUS PG27UQ 4K HDR 144Hz monitor, so of course this pisses me off. I don't want to spend $2000 on a monitor and not being able to use it to it's full potential. PC, PS4 PRO, XBOX ONE X all support HDR, all multi platform games should include HDR on all platforms!!! Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced on XBOX ONE X and it's going to really pïss me off even more if It has HDR on XBOX ONE X but not on PS4 PRO. Come on, Kingdom Hearts has always been a Sony exclusive with only a few games on Nintendo, the fact of HDR being only on XBOX ONE X, well there is something seriously wrong with that picture. Jurassic Park Evolution also will lack HDR on PC, but has it on XBOX ONE X and PS4 PRO.

Just look at this tiny library of HDR games on PC https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Glossa...ic_range_(HDR)

Now PS4
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tation_4_games

And look at how much more is on XBOX ONE vs PS4 and PC
    https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/xbo...-enhanced-list

Once again all platforms support HDR and all multiplatform games should have HDR support on all platforms. All 3 platforms support HDR 10 and the DCI-P3 and Rec. 2020 colorspace, there is no excuse for developers not to support HDR on all platforms for their multi-platform games.

This practice is illegal, unethical and should be reported to Federal Trade Commission and European Commission just like how Nvidia GPP was. A hardcore gamer would hate this practice from developers and Microsoft. Gamers who really want to see the support PC deserves should get together and contact FTC and EC.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array btrach144 PC Specs
    btrach144 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus X Hero Wi-Fi
    ProcessorIntel i7 8086K @ 5.3 GHz 1.38V
    Memory (part number)32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz C16
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal)
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB
    CPU CoolerCustom EK loop
    CaseCorsair 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Mouse Pad Logitech Powerplay
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z905 5.1 surround
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterASUS 88U

Quote Originally Posted by Nikorasu95 View Post
    I watched Microsoft's E3 today and it really got me feeling depressed and mad. XBOX ONE has a lot of HDR support. Multi-platform games should support HDR on all platforms.
    I have a really big feeling there is a contract between Microsoft and certain developers to only include HDR on XBOX ONE X. This practice should be illegal!
    Rise of Tomb Raider, Sea of Theives, NBA 2K17, Recore, Warframe, World of Tanks, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Black Desert Online, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Dead Rising 4, Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, L.A. Noire, Mafia III, Minecraft, No Man's Sky, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, ReCore, Snake Pass, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and now Nier: Automata! The above games all have HDR on XBOX ONE X but not PC!!!
    This practice has got me sick to my stomach and I have a migraine while typing this!! I'm getting the ASUS PG27UQ 4K HDR 144Hz monitor, so of course this pisses me off. I don't want to spend $2000 on a monitor and not being able to use it to it's full potential. PC, PS4 PRO, XBOX ONE X all support HDR, all multi platform games should include HDR on all platforms!!! Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced on XBOX ONE X and it's going to really pïss me off even more if It has HDR on XBOX ONE X but not on PS4 PRO. Come on, Kingdom Hearts has always been a Sony exclusive with only a few games on Nintendo, the fact of HDR being only on XBOX ONE X, well there is something seriously wrong with that picture. Jurassic Park Evolution also will lack HDR on PC, but has it on XBOX ONE X and PS4 PRO.

Just look at this tiny library of HDR games on PC https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Glossa...ic_range_(HDR)

Now PS4

Once again all platforms support HDR and all multiplatform games should have HDR support on all platforms. All 3 platforms support HDR 10 and the DCI-P3 and Rec. 2020 colorspace, there is no excuse for developers not to support HDR on all platforms for their multi-platform games.

This practice is illegal, unethical and should be reported to Federal Trade Commission and European Commission just like how Nvidia GPP was. A hardcore gamer would hate this practice from developers and Microsoft. Gamers who really want to see the support PC deserves should get together and contact FTC and EC.
    I would suggest getting outside more often. *

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by btrach144 View Post
    I would suggest getting outside more often. *
    You people are a bunch of fuc***** hypocrites. Being on this forum and acting like y'all don't care about this issue. This is a forum dedicated to an HDR monitor suited to a platform with very little HDR support, so please don't act like you don't care. And don't be talking to me like i'm a kid "You need to get outside" I have college work, etc besides going outside and rolling in the mud.

Loud fan review on the Acer X27 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCldvmZ6QA
    I hope the ASUS doesn't have this issue!!

I know a lot of people will just sweep this under the rug with the other issues this monitor has but this amazes me.

My PC is virtually silent being totally water cooled and now paying $2000 you get a noisy cheap fan in your monitor?

I really wanted these monitor to be damn near perfect but I guess I set my expectations too high.

I will wait and hope mini LEDS get here sooner then later.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

You people are a bunch of fuc***** hypocrites. Being on this forum and acting like y'all don't care about this issue. This is a forum dedicated to an HDR monitor suited to a platform with very little HDR support, so please don't act like you don't care. And don't be talking to me like i'm a kid "You need to get outside" I have college work, etc besides going outside and rolling in the mud.
    I think you are right - kind of...

throwing that much money at a new monitor without the possibility to drive it with decent HDR source material is very dissapointing!

But at least - there will be much more games with HDR in the near future - on PC too...
    (BFV, Anthem, The Walking Dead, Metro Exodus, etc etc...)

Nvidia will push the tech and demand from devs to support HDR on PC

until then it is logical for DEVs to support consoles - because they are connected to decent TVs with proper HDR support for years now...
    on PC it all is kind of new and immature (Windows, Drivers, Firmware-Updates, etc...) -
    everything screams - 'first gen is not for broader masses' -
    and with new monitors, better drivers and support - and of course more consumers using HDR capable monitors -
    the software support will enhance -

what i really don't get though is,
    why all the PS4/Xbox1 X games WITH HDR - come without HDR support on PC -

maybe it is because HDR was an afterthought for most of these games (The Witcher 3, Gears of War, etc...)
    and patching it into PC is more workintensive due to a lack of proper support within PC ecosystem?
    (all things are so far in 'beta' if you so will - Windows HDR support, HDR GPU drivers and even the firmware of these high-end GSync HDR monitors...)

but maybe it is due to the fact, that on PC there even was no official standard until early 2018 -
    which left the devs unsure of what to do, what to support, how to implement it -
    i mean look:

MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA (PC) had a proper HDR and DOLBY VISION implementation -
    but after some windows updates and some Nvidia driver updates -
    it was not working anymore!

And as a dev i would ask myself if investing time and money into HDR on PC is worth it -
    given the fact that after some updates you could start all over again -
    because it won't work anymore -

now they have standards for monitors (VESA 400, 600, 1000) -
    and NOW - with the release of Acer X27/PG27UQ - there is a direct link between capable displays and GPU drivers -
    so NOW is the first time, you can implement HDR support on PC games - that is valid and reliable - and only will be refined...

question is: will all these devs come back to older games and patch it
    or do they invest in there ongoing projects that will support HDR from scratch?

time will tell...
    but i predict, that most of the new AAA games coming in 2018 (and 2019, 2020...) will support HDR on PC too...
    because now they know what to do and they get help directly from Nvidia/AMD which adressed their driver implementation for GSYNC HDR and FREESYNC2 monitors!

until then:
    enjoy your games in 4K and with GSync up to 144hz and 8bit
    or take the games you have already in HDR...
    or enjoy PS4/X1X games via HDMI in HDR on this monitor...

and to all the others:
    yes - it's a FIRST WORLD issue, and tech-affine people will complain about it -
    like they complain about Backlightbleed -
    GSync stuttering -
    IPS glow -
    thermalpaste on CPU-cooling and so on...

but in a way i think it is legit - to ask - why PC games are not treated with the same new technological step-ups as console games...
    and the answer is - like ever - a complicated mixture of tech-issues, software issues and maybe economical demands...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Now PS4

I am pretty sure all those games will have HDR on PC because they will be available on PC. Almost every new PC release these days comes with HDR.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by KOT0005 View Post
    I am pretty sure all those games will have HDR on PC because they will be available on PC. Almost every new PC release these days comes with HDR.
    The above games have been on PC for a little more over a year and still don't have a HDR patch. Heck, Square Enix still hasn't even released a patch to address the PC problems of Nier Automata, no way in hell they going to release an HDR patch.
    Last edited by Nikorasu95; 06-12-2018 at 05:22 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

The above games have been on PC for a little more over a year and still don't have a HDR patch. Heck, Square Enix still hasn't even released a patch to address the PC problems of Nier Automata, no way in hell they going to release an HDR patch.
    HDR games started in q3 2017..

AC:Origins, destiny 2, BF 1, FFXIV..Yes old games aren't going to get HDR. But new ones will.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mit FALD.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	318.4 KB 
ID:	74203

SDR content with Local Dimming activated

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ohne FALD.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	333.7 KB 
ID:	74204

SDR content WITHOUT Local Dimming

i tried my best to show, that with local dimming activated the haloing is visible
    (left upper corner, bottem left corner and youtube-scrolling-line... and floating object) but not bad -

while the backlight bleed in the right upper corner is visible when something comes on to this screen area...

and with Local Dimming DEACTIVATED the backlightbleed in all corners is visible and in the right upper corner is worst i have ever seen!

Page 108 of 165 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast