CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by bubba123 View Post
    so my titan v should not have to use the firmware update to run these displays right ?
    Don't think you have to. I updated my 1080 TI's displayport 1.4 (I bought it around the release date). Updated to latest windows as well. Need to update my GPU drivers soon, I tend to do it last minute cause new updates come out so often lol.

Hopefully displayport 1.5s start poping into new GPUs and monitors. It seems like that while monitor manufactures do not care about the level of GPU processing power consumers have access to, they do care about what ports the consumer can use. DP 1.5 GPUs need to come out before monitors do. Whether GPUs can push the monitor to the limits is irrelevant.

Honestly I dont think monitors are gonna get any better than this. There's 2 paths to take, increase FALD zones or move into OLED territory. I dont see 8k resolution becoming a trend, especially on anything under 37 inchs, which is most commonly appreciated as huge. HDR10 can improve to Dolby Vision, but like who cares about that, I'm pretty sure that's the last thing on everyone's bucketlist. What else can manufacteres do? Maybe we'll get to see 4k CRT panels LOL.
    Last edited by kevinmaster5000; 06-18-2018 at 05:41 AM.