Page 130 of 166 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1651

Thread: Pg27uq

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
    Screen of email
    (Formatting is off as sent to my work email)
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Capture.JPG  

ROG Member Array

Just seen this https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036750 on the Official Asus PG27UQ Support page regarding the firmware update, still eager to receive my Amazon preorder.

ROG Swift PG27UQ – Optional Firmware Update

We received some feedback that the appearance of SDR games in YUV color format at 144 Hz is darker when compared to sRGB color format. This is because the gamma standards for sRGB and YUV are different.

We have added an enhancement to new firmware that gives the user the option of using the sRGB gamma when in YUV color format. This harmonizes the experience between sRGB and YUV color formats.

If you purchased an early monitor and want to add this option, you can have Asus Update your monitor now, inclusive of all shipping costs incurred, on products featuring the following serial numbers below.

[serial numbers]

We will update with a list of serial numbers soon.

Or you can wait until later this year when a downloadable utility tool will be available to update your monitor’s firmware yourself.

ROG Member Array

should i keep the display sdr input as wide gamut all the time in the monitor osd? the colors look so much better with it enabled

ROG Enthusiast Array

r you can wait until later this year when a downloadable utility tool will be available to update your monitor’s firmware yourself.
    Holy ffack, I am listening Ready Player One credits and now such good message! I am crying from all my body holes.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB 3000MHz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

I am just extremely sad that after buying the PG27UQ online, BestBuy tells me it is sold out 2 days after (I bought it online when it was unavailable). They told me it's apparently very popular and going fast. On the bright side, they haven't charged me yet.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    Holy ffack, I am listening Ready Player One credits and now such good message! I am crying from all my body holes.
    this is indeed holy fck. Hdr10+? Dolby Vision?

Quote Originally Posted by NIGos View Post
    Just seen this https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036750 on the Official Asus PG27UQ Support page regarding the firmware update, still eager to receive my Amazon preorder.
    I knew they would include a firmware update downloadable I said it in my previous post

Quote Originally Posted by Specfox View Post
    should i keep the display sdr input as wide gamut all the time in the monitor osd? the colors look so much better with it enabled
    if you like it this way - keep it -

but colors are oversaturated and mismatched - because the values of sRGB are converted to meet rec2020 - which just doesn't work...
    max red and max green in sRGB (based on wavelengths) will be converted to max red and max green in rec2020...

as an example: skincolor in sRGB looks fine - but if you bloat it to rec2020 it will be more red-ish and overtoned

i personally want colors and images as they are intended - so i keep sRGB for sRGB sources - and switch to rec2020 for rec2020 sources...

Quote Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
    this is indeed holy fck. Hdr10+? Dolby Vision?
    no - they just fix the black-crush-problem in 4K 144hz 8bit 4:2:2 SDR

for HDR10+ another scaler would be needed - able to process dynamic metadata...
    and DolbyVision additionally needs at least 12bit color depth processing (a true 12bit panel, 10bit+FRC or at least 10bit+LUT)

also i don't think that NVidia or especially Acer/Asus will bring us a workaround -
    they most likely will release the next GSync HDR monitors with support for dynamic metadata...

it's the same as with TVs...
    new years models get HDR10+ ...last years models don't!
    example:
    LG B7 OLED (2017) supports HDR10, HLG and DolbyVision and therefore has a scaler that supports dynamic metadata -
    but it won't get HDR10+ via update!
    Even LG B8 (2018) probably won't get it...

Some Samsung and Sony TVs of THIS year will get an update,
    but not last years models...

it is common pratctice for TV companies to give the potential buyers reasons to switch to the newest models...
    (better panel, new processor, new featureset, higher nits, etc etc...)
    it won't be different with monitors

Also DolbyVision has to be licensed, which adds cost...
    we won't get it for free...

to cut a long story short:
    specs and featuresets will stay the same for PG27UQ/X27 -
    FW-update just for bugfixing and maybe new Aura Sync modes...

But i really think upcoming GSync HDR monitors (not PG35VQ or X35 though) will feature at least ONE dynamic HDR mode (i gues HDR10+)
    Last edited by Sichtwechsel86; 06-27-2018 at 07:57 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sichtwechsel86 View Post

But i really think upcoming GSync HDR monitors (not PG35VQ or X35 though) will feature at least ONE dynamic HDR mode (i gues HDR10+)
    Nop not happening... they will have the exact same specs. Probably a bit better blacks but at the cost of VA issues.

Page 130 of 166 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 ... LastLast