Page 131 of 166 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1651

Thread: Pg27uq

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by KOT0005 View Post
    Nop not happening... they will have the exact same specs. Probably a bit better blacks but at the cost of VA issues.
    i mean upcoming models... 2020 onwards...

if games will use dynamic HDR (HDR10+) - GSync HDR models will have to follow...

ROG Member Array

Im honestly quite happy of my pg27uq and there is almost none blb and the haloing with fald isn't that bad.

ROG Member Array

I have some backlight bleed on the right side of the display even with FALD on. I was wondering if anyone else was seeing backlight bleed when FALD is on. I am debating whether to exchange the monitor as it is extremely noticeable when the screen is all black and whenever a bright object is near that part of the screen, it lights up brighter than any other area.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array btrach144 PC Specs
    btrach144 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus XII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz
    Memory (part number)32 GB G.Skill DDR4 4000MHz C17
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Hydro Copper
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    Storage #1x2 Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB in RAID 0
    Storage #2Samsung EVO 850 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCustom EK loop
    CaseCorsair 750D
    Power SupplyROG THOR 1,200W
    Keyboard Logitech G915
    Mouse Logitech G903 PowerPlay
    Headset Logitech G935
    Mouse Pad Logitech Powerplay
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z905 5.1 surround
    OS Windows 10 (2004)
    Network RouterASUS AX11000

For those who keep mentioning Dolby Vision, keep it mind that DV only supports up to 60 FPS. That would be extremely limiting on a gaming monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by xMrAx View Post
    I have some backlight bleed on the right side of the display even with FALD on. I was wondering if anyone else was seeing backlight bleed when FALD is on. I am debating whether to exchange the monitor as it is extremely noticeable when the screen is all black and whenever a bright object is near that part of the screen, it lights up brighter than any other area.
    i had the same experience with my Acer X27 and returned it...
    It occured at all corners and especially on the right side...
    Like you described: every part of the screen will light up brighter - even with FALD on - if that's an BLB effected area

I recommend, what was told from service to me:
    give it back - don't exchange it!

If 'exchanged' they would send to Asus to check out and Asus (as acer) says: BLB to a certain degree is normal!

By giving it back and get your money you can buy a new one, with hopefully less BLB...

My x27 even had a dead pixel -
    which is perfectly fine for asus/acer - because they don't give zero-deadPixel-warranty...
    so a certain amount of dead pixels is no warrantycase!*

I decided to give PG27UQ a try - after my Acer x27 experience was aweful in terms of QC and also PG27UQ is the only Gsync HDR monitor available right now...

i ordered via morning-express and it should arrive tomorrow until 12 o' clock

some tips about what i have to check out...

issues this model is known for so far...? (dust, dead pixel, FALD issues, BLB, etc...) ?
    Last edited by Sichtwechsel86; 06-29-2018 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sichtwechsel86 View Post
    I decided to give PG27UQ a try - after my Acer x27 experience was aweful in terms of QC and also PG27UQ is the only Gsync HDR monitor available right now...

i ordered via morning-express and it should arrive tomorrow until 12 o' clock

some tips about what i have to check out...

issues this model is known for so far...? (dust, dead pixel, FALD issues, BLB, etc...) ?
    I envy you guys...how come you can just order, try and then return like that? At my country where there is no newegg or amazon, we need to buy from store and there is no refund

Quote Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
    I envy you guys...how come you can just order, try and then return like that? At my country where there is no newegg or amazon, we need to buy from store and there is no refund
    In germany it's not based on the specific shop regulatories ... but instead based german law - which is based on EU consumer protection...

Everyone can buy nearly everything and than recall the contract within 14 days... without giving any reasons!
    The shop has then to take the order back on their own costs (which is one reason why in EU everything is expensive) -
    and pay you back everything you have paid...!

But there are some minor rules you have to apply to...
    within a specific time frame (10 days) you have to call back your shopservice and make a recall -
    and you cannot use the product extensively - you just check out the product quality...
    also: no scratches or other damages due to your usage should appear -
    rule: send it back in the same condition you got it -
    same foliage, same box, same everything

ROG Member Array

There is literally a store here in finland where there is 30 days to return an item and you can return like phones, monitors, laptops, tvs or even like dishwashers or whatever and you can even return them without the packaging and you get your money back
    Last edited by Specfox; 06-29-2018 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Specfox View Post
    There is literally a store here in finland where there is 30 days to return an item and you can return like phones, monitors, laptops, tvs or even like dishwashers or whatever and you can even return them without the packaging and you get your money back
    even cooler - but is it common to do so - or is it just this one store?

Page 131 of 166 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 ... LastLast