Page 114 of 165 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1647

Thread: Pg27uq

  1. #1131
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    81

    Totally agree.
    Sunon is very quallity

  2. #1132
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    any ideas on when this monitor is coming out? i've seen a hand full of german youtubers that own it, when will it be available worldwide?

  3. #1133
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by s_khamiri View Post
    any ideas on when this monitor is coming out? i've seen a hand full of german youtubers that own it, when will it be available worldwide?
    It was shipping out Friday (22nd), I'll have mine tomorrow. (newegg doesn't do weekend)

  4. #1134
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB 3000MHz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    135

    Quote Originally Posted by calzenth View Post
    Well, that should not be a shock that tech improves with each gen and this being the first true G-sync HDR is a given that it is going to have all the issues of gen 1 with all the early adopter tax too. But that is also why I love playing around with new tech it is being among the first to try out something and seeing what I can get away with on it. But ya if I was to guess we will see those mirco led HDR screens by 2020 and I'll be there too for that.
    We'll be seeing miniLED before microLED. MiniLED in gaming monitors will come around 2020-2021, we'll see microLED somewhere between 2022-2023.
    Honestly the adopter tax doesn't seem too bad. Considering how the PG27AQ is $900 USD (probably higher at release) with 4K 60Hz, Gsync, this monitor was destined to be atleast 700$ more.

    Adding 384 zone FALD + HDR10 + QLED + 144Hz + more RGB + calibrating monitors + a more expensive panel frame (since it includes fans, a bigger power supply, licenses like UltraHD premium + DisplayHDR1000, more internal wiring, and alot more) + MOAR RGB, it is bound to be really expensive. The R&D they spent plus all those features are pricey af. It's literaly one step away from OLED.

    If PG27AQ is 900 USD, PG27UQ would probably be 1700 without first adopter tax in my opinion.
    Last edited by kevinmaster5000; 06-17-2018 at 11:46 PM.

  5. #1135
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    17

    They can keep it for that price, which is over priced and g-sync is over rated.
    I have a pg348 and a pg279 use is like never, i went out and bought a lg oled65 in with HDR and enjoy games and movies it more then any over priced monitor you can buy. oh and got the tv for 3000$ when they first hit the market 2017 model.
    Last edited by blackforce; 06-18-2018 at 02:38 AM.

  6. #1136
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinmaster5000 View Post
    We'll be seeing miniLED before microLED. MiniLED in gaming monitors will come around 2020-2021, we'll see microLED somewhere between 2022-2023.
    Honestly the adopter tax doesn't seem too bad. Considering how the PG27AQ is $900 USD (probably higher at release) with 4K 60Hz, Gsync, this monitor was destined to be atleast 700$ more.

    Adding 384 zone FALD + HDR10 + QLED + 144Hz + more RGB + calibrating monitors + a more expensive panel frame (since it includes fans, a bigger power supply, licenses like UltraHD premium + DisplayHDR1000, more internal wiring, and alot more) + MOAR RGB, it is bound to be really expensive. The R&D they spent plus all those features are pricey af. It's literaly one step away from OLED.

    If PG27AQ is 900 USD, PG27UQ would probably be 1700 without first adopter tax in my opinion.
    For sure I agree with all that I was just pointing out that 1st gen tech will be exciting and iffy for the same reasons, but I do look forward to see it mature with mini and micro led, and from what I read in the long run it will out do OLED some day needing less power with no burn in and life span issues.

  7. #1137
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB 3000MHz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    135

    Quote Originally Posted by calzenth View Post
    For sure I agree with all that I was just pointing out that 1st gen tech will be exciting and iffy for the same reasons, but I do look forward to see it mature with mini and micro led, and from what I read in the long run it will out do OLED some day needing less power with no burn in and life span issues.
    Yea for sure, first gen stuff are always prone to problems. You'll share your own opinions when you get yours tomorrow, but it genuinely looks like the monitor's only problems is the limitations of displayport 1.4.

    I've read similar stuff about OLED, but I hope microLED beats OLED. While OLED will always have better contrast, microLED will reach a point where it will be almost impossible to tell the difference unless you're a professional. Infact microLED might look better, because of the higher luminance it'll reach. I think having high nits is a way microLED will compensate, so have better looking bright images, while OLED will always have better looking dark images.

    It's kind of sad we cant have a technology that just has it all. I definitely want the PG27UQ tho, it looks better than Acer x27 in every way. The frame of the panel looks like it is better quality (from first glance) and I love RGBs lol. Though that back projector is ridiculous, why do you need that LOL.

  8. #1138
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinmaster5000 View Post
    Yea for sure, first gen stuff are always prone to problems. You'll share your own opinions when you get yours tomorrow, but it genuinely looks like the monitor's only problems is the limitations of displayport 1.4.

    I've read similar stuff about OLED, but I hope microLED beats OLED. While OLED will always have better contrast, microLED will reach a point where it will be almost impossible to tell the difference unless you're a professional. Infact microLED might look better, because of the higher luminance it'll reach. I think having high nits is a way microLED will compensate, so have better looking bright images, while OLED will always have better looking dark images.

    It's kind of sad we cant have a technology that just has it all. I definitely want the PG27UQ tho, it looks better than Acer x27 in every way. The frame of the panel looks like it is better quality (from first glance) and I love RGBs lol. Though that back projector is ridiculous, why do you need that LOL.
    That whole displayport 1.4 thing will be a none issue once the next gen screens are out with DP1.5 and from what I read too DP1.5 should last a really long time as it can do up to 8K @ 60fps or 4K @ 200 Hz 8 bpc or 180 Hz 10 bpc. As is thou it is shocking to see DP1.4 that still is extremely new get maxed right away after all the 10 series nvidia cards are the first and only cards that can drive this PG27UQ with DP1.4 (Manual outright said have a 1070, 1080, or 1080 ti or forget it).

    on a side note I kind of like that Bat signal with asus logo feels like I am calling for asus tech support the batman way.

  9. #1139
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    151

    Quote Originally Posted by calzenth View Post
    That whole displayport 1.4 thing will be a none issue once the next gen screens are out with DP1.5 and from what I read too DP1.5 should last a really long time as it can do up to 8K @ 60fps or 4K @ 200 Hz 8 bpc or 180 Hz 10 bpc. As is thou it is shocking to see DP1.4 that still is extremely new get maxed right away after all the 10 series nvidia cards are the first and only cards that can drive this PG27UQ with DP1.4 (Manual outright said have a 1070, 1080, or 1080 ti or forget it).

    on a side note I kind of like that Bat signal with asus logo feels like I am calling for asus tech support the batman way.
    so my titan v should not have to use the firmware update to run these displays right ?

  10. #1140
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by bubba123 View Post
    so my titan v should not have to use the firmware update to run these displays right ?
    For the live of me I can not find what DP standard Titan V is using but should be fine.

Page 114 of 165 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •