CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by bubba123 View Post
    so my titan v should not have to use the firmware update to run these displays right ?
    Don't think you have to. I updated my 1080 TI's displayport 1.4 (I bought it around the release date). Updated to latest windows as well. Need to update my GPU drivers soon, I tend to do it last minute cause new updates come out so often lol.

Hopefully displayport 1.5s start poping into new GPUs and monitors. It seems like that while monitor manufactures do not care about the level of GPU processing power consumers have access to, they do care about what ports the consumer can use. DP 1.5 GPUs need to come out before monitors do. Whether GPUs can push the monitor to the limits is irrelevant.

Honestly I dont think monitors are gonna get any better than this. There's 2 paths to take, increase FALD zones or move into OLED territory. I dont see 8k resolution becoming a trend, especially on anything under 37 inchs, which is most commonly appreciated as huge. HDR10 can improve to Dolby Vision, but like who cares about that, I'm pretty sure that's the last thing on everyone's bucketlist. What else can manufacteres do? Maybe we'll get to see 4k CRT panels LOL.
    Last edited by kevinmaster5000; 06-18-2018 at 05:41 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

To know (for those who plan to become the owner) : https://www.techpowerup.com/245231/l...ma-subsampling
    Have u been sleeping all this time ?!? Its been mentioned multiple times by several people and even Asus rep Marshal...

Techpowerup keeps posting these old stories these days.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Just read the reviews of Phillips 1000 nits monitor on PCMonitors. Seems like VA+32 dimming zones > IPS+384 dimming zones. What a damn shame.

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/philips-436m6vbpab/

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB 3000MHz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
    Just read the reviews of Phillips 1000 nits monitor on PCMonitors. Seems like VA+32 dimming zones > IPS+384 dimming zones. What a damn shame.

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/philips-436m6vbpab/
    a VA panel will always be better at displaying Blacks than IPS, regarding of how many zones. VA panels have a light filter which reduce the light you see, and also do not have the inherent IPS glow. I dont know about this in particular, but because VA panels have a light filter, maybe the max luminance is also lowered (so below 1000 nits if the PG27UQ had a VA panel)?

However, IPS allows for much better and accurate colors to be viewed. Lets not forget the panel also have QLED. The colors are cinomparable. A downside of VA panels in gaming is how VA panels are prone to ghosting and smearing. So in the end, they both have their pros/cons, but colors are more valuable to us, so we are willing to pay more for IPS panels instead. Even looking at contrast, More or less, the Phillips monitor is no where as good. The review also states the phillips monitor has a contrast ratio of about 17000:1, while Asus claims their PG27UQ has a ratio of 50000:1 (which needs to be confirmed by reviewers).
    Last edited by kevinmaster5000; 06-19-2018 at 02:40 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Here are some random images from the first day of owning it.

https://imgur.com/a/LVCqfr7

For the record thou the haloing is there it is only noticeable in dark areas and it's not that bad at all, the one image I showed is going to make it look far worse then it really is in game it is barely noticeable over all. as far as the fan goes it is so quite even in game that I had to have all noise turned off in the room to even hear it and if my pc is on I can't hear it at all.
    Last edited by calzenth; 06-19-2018 at 03:24 AM.

ROG Member Array

I actually seem to be having a little issue with this Asus monitor. So the service/debug menu popped up on the left, and would do so with the menu joystick. I unplugged the monitor, and the OSD menu is back to normal, but I am having some issues.

When I shut the computer down, the monitor won't go to sleep, and the fan seems to be a bit elevated, like it's running some burn in mode or something. I tried reset in the OSD, but that didn't work, and tried unplugging it as well. The RGB lights stay on as well, even if the PC is off.

What can I do? How do I enter that service/debug menu? I have no idea how it popped up.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by rondocap View Post
    I actually seem to be having a little issue with this Asus monitor. So the service/debug menu popped up on the left, and would do so with the menu joystick. I unplugged the monitor, and the OSD menu is back to normal, but I am having some issues.

When I shut the computer down, the monitor won't go to sleep, and the fan seems to be a bit elevated, like it's running some burn in mode or something. I tried reset in the OSD, but that didn't work, and tried unplugging it as well. The RGB lights stay on as well, even if the PC is off.

What can I do? How do I enter that service/debug menu? I have no idea how it popped up.
    Use the factory default option in the menu, under system setup called all reset.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by calzenth View Post
    Use the factory default option in the menu, under system setup called all reset.

I did try that, but didn't fix the issue. Any idea if I have to go into the "Factory" menu or something like that, that's what popped up before.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by calzenth View Post
    Here are some random images from the first day of owning it.

https://imgur.com/a/LVCqfr7

For the record thou the haloing is there it is only noticeable in dark areas and it's not that bad at all, the one image I showed is going to make it look far worse then it really is in game it is barely noticeable over all. as far as the fan goes it is so quite even in game that I had to have all noise turned off in the room to even hear it and if my pc is on I can't hear it at all.
    nice setup where did you get the pokemon from if you don't mind me asking would like to order some different ones like that I am in the US though

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by bubba123 View Post
    nice setup where did you get the pokemon from if you don't mind me asking would like to order some different ones like that I am in the US though
    That was the Charizard from the Nintendo world store, not too hard to find on eBay.

Page 115 of 165 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast