CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by calzenth View Post
    Here are some random images from the first day of owning it.

https://imgur.com/a/LVCqfr7

For the record thou the haloing is there it is only noticeable in dark areas and it's not that bad at all, the one image I showed is going to make it look far worse then it really is in game it is barely noticeable over all. as far as the fan goes it is so quite even in game that I had to have all noise turned off in the room to even hear it and if my pc is on I can't hear it at all.
    Thank you for sharing what you think. For reference, noisey fan is a QC problem then, instant RMA. Halo problem is very unnoticeable, good. What would you rate it out of 10?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by calzenth View Post
    Here are some random images from the first day of owning it.

https://imgur.com/a/LVCqfr7

For the record thou the haloing is there it is only noticeable in dark areas and it's not that bad at all, the one image I showed is going to make it look far worse then it really is in game it is barely noticeable over all. as far as the fan goes it is so quite even in game that I had to have all noise turned off in the room to even hear it and if my pc is on I can't hear it at all.
    damn that haloing from the fps counter. How the hell is the halo area that big when there are 384 zones?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
    damn that haloing from the fps counter. How the hell is the halo area that big when there are 384 zones?
    That's not haloing lmao..they r ingame textures/windows..
    ALso i got my monitor. Really impressed with both HDR and SDR quality with FALD. With normal backlightning it was literally a pg279q with much better reds and colors.

we just need hdr games and a single gpu under $1k and drive 4k 100+fps..

I'd rate mine 9/10. Cons for no rgb on the ROG halo and projection..plus the ROG RGB thin, its only on the left ?? wtf..make a strip and run it across the monitor..not just one side.

Another con is the Joystic is flimsy. My PG279Q joystick is waaaaay better. THe UQ Joystick is also too sensitive.

My fan make no noise.. can hear a very low noise if i put my ear against the back of the monitor which i wont be doingat all..
    Last edited by KOT0005; 06-19-2018 at 02:03 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by KOT0005 View Post
    That's not haloing lmao..they r ingame textures/windows..
    ALso i got my monitor. Really impressed with both HDR and SDR quality with FALD. With normal backlightning it was literally a pg279q with much better reds and colors.

we just need hdr games and a single gpu under $1k and drive 4k 100+fps..

I'd rate mine 9/10. Cons for no rgb on the ROG halo and projection..plus the ROG RGB thin, its only on the left ?? wtf..make a strip and run it across the monitor..not just one side.

Another con is the Joystic is flimsy. My PG279Q joystick is waaaaay better. THe UQ Joystick is also too sensitive.

My fan make no noise.. can hear a very low noise if i put my ear against the back of the monitor which i wont be doingat all..
    huh? That purple glowing area around the fps counter is definitely haloing. That area is supposed to remain pitch black.

Quote Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
    huh? That purple glowing area around the fps counter is definitely haloing. That area is supposed to remain pitch black.
    it isn't lol..

https://imgur.com/a/mf6x2i0

U can see some bloom on load screen but not in menu and game..AND it only gets picked up by the camera. These were taken in a dark room. U cant see the bloomnon loading screen unless u turnoff ur lights and stick ur face against it.

i am also not sure what purple area ur talking about, is it the destiny one ? If it is those r just game textures..
    Last edited by KOT0005; 06-19-2018 at 02:22 PM.

oh nvm its the last image from the bottom.. Its his camera. You wont be able to pick it up. Camera overexpose this stuff.

Also I dont think this image is using FALD, its way too big. I this its using the normal backlighting showing IPS Glow.

If u look at my photo the halo is much smaller.

I have a question for those who have this monitor.

My son is considering picking this monitor up and running his current games at 1440p 144hz until upgrading his PC later this year.

Problem is the manual doesnt show this monitor supports any resolution other then 4k at 144hz so was hoping to get confirmation on this.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Like I was trying to say the Haloing is really not that bad at all, cameras will over expose it every time without special setups to take such photos, in game or otherwise as long as it is not pure black it is a non issue. but if you in a completely black screen with a small white object it is noticeable but it is no worse then sdr glowing for a small spot, really cant be helped at all till mini or mirco LEDs.

Over all I had just one day of messing around but so far I am loving it, could it be better yes but not without newer tech that isn't out yet.

but I will say HDR games are wild in person like a whole new game visually.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkies View Post
    I have a question for those who have this monitor.

My son is considering picking this monitor up and running his current games at 1440p 144hz until upgrading his PC later this year.

Problem is the manual doesnt show this monitor supports any resolution other then 4k at 144hz so was hoping to get confirmation on this.
    Damnm spoiling kids is bad man !!!

its has other resolutions obviously like any other monitor but max refresh ois 144hz and hdr wont work properly if it not native 4k, according to the manual which is available on the product website.

I was looking at the manual at it was showing it didnt even support 1440p at all unless I am not seeing something.

Should have added my son is a 30 year old man who oversees the distribution of Coke products for the Indianapolis area.

So he is buying it I am just helping do some research.

Page 116 of 165 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast