Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Mouse Pad Logitech Powerplay
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z905 5.1 surround
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterASUS 88U

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmaster5000 View Post
    Did you have to install it? What came on the CD? I dont have a CD drive on my PC, I haven't had to use one in YEARS.
    My PG27UQ (live in the USA) came with a CD as well. On it was the driver and .ICM color profile. I'd highly recommend getting the files.

ROG Junior Member Array

Here I share my impressions with the ASUS PG27UQ after using it for a few days; I got mine from Newegg in the US.
    In short, the best (maybe on par with Predator X27, I don’t own a X27) HDR monitor in the consumer market IMO. I owned a couple good monitors for the past few years, including the Dell UP2718Q (not the U2718Q), Dell UP2715k, ASUS PG279Q, and ASUS PB278Q, all are top notch in terms of image reproductions in consumer market, yet PG27UQ is better than all monitors mentioned above.
    Before I get my hands on the PG27UQ I was using a Dell UP2718Q, for over a year. The HDR viewing experience on the Dell monitor is impressive already---high contrast and intense color makes the content with proper HDR configuration stands out. But the HDR implementation on Dell UP2718Q is premature and buggy.
    There are three major problems on Dell:
    1. Two modes in HDR, normal and vivid. The former option suppresses maximum brightness noticeably, and maps the color to a color space close to REC709, instead of a wider gamut like DCI-P3, so image looks dull, this not only appears when playing HDR games like Destiny 2 or FarCry 5, but also appears when I use the monitor for viewing UHD blue-ray. The latter vivid mode maps to the correct wide-gamut color space, so the image does not look dull anymore, but the exaggerated luminance in this mode causes server blooming, even when viewing in a bright environment.

2. The response time of the FALD is long, I notice this as soon as I get the monitor since I always uses vivid mode to view HDR (I am not sure how can some of the reviewers said viewing HDR in normal mode is satisfying, it is simply not, in normal mode other than FALD local dimming, everything is worse than viewing the content in SDR, as the colors are understated). For a fast moving content, one can clearly percept the “lagging” of the local dimming becoming on and off---it takes close to a second before the local dimming zone fully turn on and turn off, causing a trace similar to blooming, which is very annoying.

3. The HDR mode has to be toggled on and off by the user, instead of automatically by the monitor, meaning there are three things to configure, the HDR setting on windows, the HDR setting on the monitor, and the HDR setting in games or your UHD player. Fails to turn on any one of them will result in HDR either not working or worst giving you a black screen. For multiple times I thought the HDR is working on UP2718Q, it is not, and I am justing viewing a SDR content with over saturated color and luminance, or I forget to turn on the HDR setting in windows before switching to HDR on the monitor, and the over-exaggerated brightness shines right into my eyes.
    These problems can be reproduced by TFT Central in its review, I can assure you that every phenomenon that TFT Central says happens on my unit, and local dimming on my unit is only active when viewing HDR content, while it is off in SDR mode no matter what. Some users have rise these problems on Dell’s forum, but Dell seem not to care, and implies that these are intended and no firmware update is planned.

On the other hand, PG27UQ provides much better viewing experience in both SDR and HDR mode, and in particular a better implementation of FALD feature, let alone G-sync and a higher refresh rate. The improvements are noticeable in subjective comparison verses UP2718Q:

1. Proper HDR color and luminance mapping, result in much less blooming effect particularly during darker scenes, and yes, the blooming is still there due to 384 zones limitations, but almost not noticeable when viewing HDR contents, even in the dark viewing environment.

2. Much faster response time of FALD. No noticeable lagging in "median" and "fast" FALD mode, and FALD is always turned on to give a better contrast and reducing BLB. My unit does not have a big BLB or any dead pixel, just a little bleed on the right edge of the monitor, not noticeable when sitting in front of the monitor. For those who concern about the Fan noise, in a silent room, it is audible, but it is quieter than my graphic cards, my pumps, my speaker or even the noise made from a UHD Player reading disk.

3. No toggling switch for HDR, all automatic, as long as the monitor detects HDR content, it switch to HDR mode. Works 100% of times, possibly because a more advanced HDR implementation of the recent windows system. The only drawback I found, is less connection ports compared to the Dell unit.

I have to say this monitor is a big leap from the UP2718Q in terms of FALD response time and HDR experience, and while the UP2718Q still shines, the PG27UQ blows it away. Looking forward to the TFT Central’s review, hopefully will release in early July.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by k2mno5 View Post
    Here I share my impressions with the ASUS PG27UQ after using it for a few days; I got mine from Newegg in the US.
    In short, the best (maybe on par with Predator X27, I don’t own a X27) HDR monitor in the consumer market IMO. I owned a couple good monitors for the past few years, including the Dell UP2718Q (not the U2718Q), Dell UP2715k, ASUS PG279Q, and ASUS PB278Q, all are top notch in terms of image reproductions in consumer market, yet PG27UQ is better than all monitors mentioned above.
    Before I get my hands on the PG27UQ I was using a Dell UP2718Q, for over a year. The HDR viewing experience on the Dell monitor is impressive already---high contrast and intense color makes the content with proper HDR configuration stands out. But the HDR implementation on Dell UP2718Q is premature and buggy.
    There are three major problems on Dell:
    1. Two modes in HDR, normal and vivid. The former option suppresses maximum brightness noticeably, and maps the color to a color space close to REC709, instead of a wider gamut like DCI-P3, so image looks dull, this not only appears when playing HDR games like Destiny 2 or FarCry 5, but also appears when I use the monitor for viewing UHD blue-ray. The latter vivid mode maps to the correct wide-gamut color space, so the image does not look dull anymore, but the exaggerated luminance in this mode causes server blooming, even when viewing in a bright environment.

2. The response time of the FALD is long, I notice this as soon as I get the monitor since I always uses vivid mode to view HDR (I am not sure how can some of the reviewers said viewing HDR in normal mode is satisfying, it is simply not, in normal mode other than FALD local dimming, everything is worse than viewing the content in SDR, as the colors are understated). For a fast moving content, one can clearly percept the “lagging” of the local dimming becoming on and off---it takes close to a second before the local dimming zone fully turn on and turn off, causing a trace similar to blooming, which is very annoying.

3. The HDR mode has to be toggled on and off by the user, instead of automatically by the monitor, meaning there are three things to configure, the HDR setting on windows, the HDR setting on the monitor, and the HDR setting in games or your UHD player. Fails to turn on any one of them will result in HDR either not working or worst giving you a black screen. For multiple times I thought the HDR is working on UP2718Q, it is not, and I am justing viewing a SDR content with over saturated color and luminance, or I forget to turn on the HDR setting in windows before switching to HDR on the monitor, and the over-exaggerated brightness shines right into my eyes.
    These problems can be reproduced by TFT Central in its review, I can assure you that every phenomenon that TFT Central says happens on my unit, and local dimming on my unit is only active when viewing HDR content, while it is off in SDR mode no matter what. Some users have rise these problems on Dell’s forum, but Dell seem not to care, and implies that these are intended and no firmware update is planned.

On the other hand, PG27UQ provides much better viewing experience in both SDR and HDR mode, and in particular a better implementation of FALD feature, let alone G-sync and a higher refresh rate. The improvements are noticeable in subjective comparison verses UP2718Q:

1. Proper HDR color and luminance mapping, result in much less blooming effect particularly during darker scenes, and yes, the blooming is still there due to 384 zones limitations, but almost not noticeable when viewing HDR contents, even in the dark viewing environment.

2. Much faster response time of FALD. No noticeable lagging in "median" and "fast" FALD mode, and FALD is always turned on to give a better contrast and reducing BLB. My unit does not have a big BLB or any dead pixel, just a little bleed on the right edge of the monitor, not noticeable when sitting in front of the monitor. For those who concern about the Fan noise, in a silent room, it is audible, but it is quieter than my graphic cards, my pumps, my speaker or even the noise made from a UHD Player reading disk.

3. No toggling switch for HDR, all automatic, as long as the monitor detects HDR content, it switch to HDR mode. Works 100% of times, possibly because a more advanced HDR implementation of the recent windows system. The only drawback I found, is less connection ports compared to the Dell unit.

I have to say this monitor is a big leap from the UP2718Q in terms of FALD response time and HDR experience, and while the UP2718Q still shines, the PG27UQ blows it away. Looking forward to the TFT Central’s review, hopefully will release in early July.
    Thanks for the impression. Some pic of the blooming or videos of fald in action will be appreciated.

Do you own any hdr tv? How is the monitor compared to tv when it comes to fald/blooming? Lim's Cave review says X930E has less blooming, even though that tv is edge lit. Could be because the panel is VA and Sony has better FALD implementation.
    Last edited by deadchip12; 06-25-2018 at 01:20 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
    Thanks for the impression. Some pic of the blooming or videos of fald in action will be appreciated.

Do you own any hdr tv? How is the monitor compared to tv when it comes to fald/blooming? Lim's Cave review says X930E has less blooming, even though that tv is edge lit. Could be because the panel is VA and Sony has better FALD implementation.
    the bloom is the same on all of these.. just go see one in person. I cant believe ppl still ask for photos when its been said multiple times that you wont notice it in games and cameras overexpose it.

Quote Originally Posted by btrach144 View Post
    Yeah, I don’t mean to curse us but I just received my PG27UQ from Microcenter. If there was a world wide recall, everyone would have pulled their units. I’d also fully expect Newegg, one of the largest electronic retailers in the world to receive first heads up, not some small German shop.

Marshall did say that they got delayed due to a last minute firmware change. Maybe the units in Europe were an earlier batch?*
    Guess we’ll see how this goes.*
    I tried to order from microcenter online store Thursday they charged my account but they said the monitor is out of stock currently on the website so they are refunding me.

Does this monitor informs with a logo or something else when HDR Signal (like video) is playing?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by greekwow View Post
    Does this monitor informs with a logo or something else when HDR Signal (like video) is playing?
    Yes. Everytime hdr content is sent to the monitor, there is a message info for several seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    Yes. Everytime hdr content is sent to the monitor, there is a message info for several seconds.
    Acer X27 doesn't

you have to double check via OSD...

1:0 for Asus

that and the power light is red for G-sync.

Quote Originally Posted by KOT0005 View Post
    that and the power light is red for G-sync.
    hm... that makes 2:0

Page 127 of 165 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 ... LastLast