Power SupplyCooler Master V1000
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
    I believe if you turn on local dimming in SDR mode on PG27UQ, its contrast ratio can get to around 6000:1, which is double of C27HG70.
    But you will have the Halo effect which is worse than AHVA glow

ROG Guru: White Belt Array ELIESEH PC Specs
    ELIESEH PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-6900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4A2400C14
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G
    MonitorACER XB271HU
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 256 GB
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB
    CPU CoolerHydro Series™ H115i
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro

I will send an email to Samsung asking for a G-SYNC version. send you also maybe they will enter the G-SYNC market.
    We need same monitor as C27HG70 (Super VA technology) but with G-SYNC.
    Guys, black is the most important color in a monitor.
    In addition the C27HG70 has 1 ms response time, are you kidding me? this is the dream monitor, what a king Samsung is, comparing AUO to Samsung like comparing Steel to Gold.
    VA has black that is close to OLED.
    My adrenaline level go up to 1000 when I saw the specifications and reviews of Samsung C27HG70.
    Last edited by ELIESEH; 07-17-2018 at 06:03 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB 3000MHz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by ELIESEH View Post
    But you will have the Halo effect which is worse than AHVA glow
    That's is mostly why the 6000:1 contrast ratio is BS, because you can only get contrast that big between the darked black point and brightest white point, which means completely different regions of the monitor. Same goes for the CHG70 until they have more zones. In other words, we shouldn't pay more for zones until we get well above 1000 zones.

And I dont know the details exactly, but if the GSync HDR module costed about 500 USD in the PG27UQ, I'm pretty sure that would add 500 bucks to the price of a CHG70. I can see this being the reason why Samsung won't bring a GSync version. They dont want to be burdened with a bunch of overexpensive units that no one is buying because they're 500 dollars more than the freesync version. I rather just turn on VSync, it's not worth it.

ELIESEH PC Specs
    MonitorACER XB271HU
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmaster5000 View Post
    That's is mostly why the 6000:1 contrast ratio is BS, because you can only get contrast that big between the darked black point and brightest white point, which means completely different regions of the monitor. Same goes for the CHG70 until they have more zones. In other words, we shouldn't pay more for zones until we get well above 1000 zones.

And I dont know the details exactly, but if the GSync HDR module costed about 500 USD in the PG27UQ, I'm pretty sure that would add 500 bucks to the price of a CHG70. I can see this being the reason why Samsung won't bring a GSync version. They dont want to be burdened with a bunch of overexpensive units that no one is buying because they're 500 dollars more than the freesync version. I rather just turn on VSync, it's not worth it.
    You are completely right.
    I will skip the PG27UQ and X27.
    See what HDR monitors will be in the future, I cannot handle IPS Glow, bleed and now Halo effect.

ELIESEH PC Specs
    MonitorACER XB271HU
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro

I came to a conclusion in myopinion.
    Without direct light led (OLED, MicroLed), HDR will never looks good or good at it should be, FALD technology has huge disadvantages especially the HALO effect.
    Not worth 2500$.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

You guys think miniLED's are guna be cheaper? Keep dreaming. microled"s are no where near being implemented in TV's let alone monitors. Microled's will also be super expensive. A lot more than OLED.

Unless all you do is stare at a blackscreen with your mouse pointer, halo is not an issue. It could be better more controlled illumination but that would probably mean more time and costs.

You guys complaining about this monitor's price should do some research before trash talking about how you will be waiting for Mini and Microled"s.

What are you guna do when a dozen of LED"s of the 1000 Microled's they use dont even light up ? The you will come back complaining about how only 980 zones out of the 1000 work and they have bad QC for a most likely $5000 monitor.

These monitors will probably get cheaper but dont expect miniLED's to cost any lower. Forget Microled"s the cost to manufacture these panels is insane.
    These monitors use AMVA panels (IPS type) not AHVA (VA) panels.. I have seen VA panels and the ghosting is really bad on them, would take a slightly brighter blacks than a darker black and ghosting on VA panels.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Local dimming test of PG27UQ. A lot of noise in the video so probably the iso is cranked up high to exaggerate the blooming for zone count. The transition from zone to zone *is surprisingly obvious; normally when I watch the zone count videos for fald tvs the blooming around the bright object will move smoothly but here the zone is lit then it's off then it's lit. Not sure which implementation is better:

https://youtu.be/p8GjbIZ0Tvk
    Last edited by deadchip12; 07-17-2018 at 12:32 PM.

ELIESEH PC Specs
    MonitorACER XB271HU
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by KOT0005 View Post
    You guys think miniLED's are guna be cheaper? Keep dreaming. microled"s are no where near being implemented in TV's let alone monitors. Microled's will also be super expensive. A lot more than OLED.

Unless all you do is stare at a blackscreen with your mouse pointer, halo is not an issue. It could be better more controlled illumination but that would probably mean more time and costs.

You guys complaining about this monitor's price should do some research before trash talking about how you will be waiting for Mini and Microled"s.

What are you guna do when a dozen of LED"s of the 1000 Microled's they use dont even light up ? The you will come back complaining about how only 980 zones out of the 1000 work and they have bad QC for a most likely $5000 monitor.

These monitors will probably get cheaper but dont expect miniLED's to cost any lower. Forget Microled"s the cost to manufacture these panels is insane.
    These monitors use AMVA panels (IPS type) not AHVA (VA) panels.. I have seen VA panels and the ghosting is really bad on them, would take a slightly brighter blacks than a darker black and ghosting on VA panels.
    Not true, AHVA is not VA, AHVA is IPS like, VA is completely different technology than IPS (AHVA).
    IPS glow and bleed makes black and dark images and also colors especially on the corner, look worse than even a TN(already tried both).
    PG27UQ and X27 use AHVA means IPS means glow, bleed and now the halo effect.
    Bleed and Glow kills AHVA panels.
    BTW if you prefer brighter dark than a darker black, than you know nothing about image quality.
    OLED is king because of what ? because of its ultimate black and ultra high contrast. Black and contrast are the most important factor in image quality.

Never again AHVA (IPS like), image without deep black and high contrast (means without AHVA bleed and glow) is a trash in terms of quality. Contrast is king.
    Last edited by ELIESEH; 07-17-2018 at 12:57 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

my main reason for buying this display was for the 4k 144hz gsync if it has hdr that is just a bonus in 2019 I will be changing my LG C7 oled tv 4k 60hz for a 4k 120hz until then I am happy with my current displays LG 4k Oled 60hz 55 inch and PG27UQ

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB 3000MHz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by KOT0005 View Post

Ghosting is a non-issue on high end panels. No one said miniLED was going to be cheaper. However, price may be lower than expected if Nvidia can make cheaper modules. Keep in mind, the tech is not what makes the panel so expensive, it's the G-Sync module. If it was a freesync panel, the monitor would have been around 1500 bucks or less.

Page 145 of 165 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 ... LastLast