CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Theknystar View Post
    you are 100% right about that my measure is flawed. Also i have 100% different experience with noise since my pc suppresses the monitor fan even on idle. I can understand why people go crazy about it if you have everything quieter around your environment. i agree, i dont think anybody would have gone mad about an extra 30$ for a really nice quality fan inside.

I seen that on limscave video as well but i dont see that reverse blooming on mine, i have it on extreme too. What other settings do you have?

Also i just noticed that if i turn off the monitor with the power button the fan still spins. any idea?
    Fan turns off after a while when temperature gets low enough. I think you may need deepsleep with displayport on? I have one of those wireless outlets to turn it off and on with my google home so I just used that lol.

I noticed the reverse blooming big time on something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3So8OFdqcdA&t=85s
    I think it's easier to notice on this due to the video having a fast moving object.
    Last edited by kevinmaster5000; 07-25-2018 at 04:50 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

LG came out and replaced my panel onsite service just for having burn in on my LG oled C7 tv now thats top notch service and it was a complete new panel not a refurbished unit like some companies have done in the past such as HP when I had the HP 5k display when the panel died they sent me a refurbished unit

ROG Guru: White Belt Array ELIESEH PC Specs
    ELIESEH PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-6900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4A2400C14
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G
    MonitorACER XB271HU
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 256 GB
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB
    CPU CoolerHydro Series™ H115i
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Power SupplyCooler Master V1000
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmaster5000 View Post
    Percieved loudness is subjective, but not as much as you think. One flaw with this is you're not able to capture the frequency of the noise. A high performance fan can have similar decibels at a very low frequency. Low frequency would be just the wind moving through the fan noise. These fans have a high pitch noise compared to normal fans, which most definitely would be a higher than average frequency. You would need something professional to measure that. So your phone has a difficult time accurately measured percieved loudness, it's a very flawed method of measuring.

This is why people are annoyed with the particular fan in the monitor. A lot of people, including myself, are asking for a better fan inside. Humans tend to appreciate low frequency noise than high frequency.

There's like ~40 games with HDR. Most of them not being popular. Most of them not owned by a single consumer. Just looking around, people have at most 5ish games with HDR. Almost no one has more than 10.

A bigger issue is that almost no one have more than a few HDR games they play most of the time (there's only so much time you can spend on a game like assassins creed). Most popular games are stuff with multiplayer and a competitive mode, whether it be an MMO like Dota or FPS like csgo. The only popular games like that with HDR are like battlefield, COD, and some racing games.

There was one more issue with the monitor, and it was like reverse blooming??? Limscave showed it properly, but a moving object on the edge would seem darker. If you move a window to the left, the left edge of the window will be dark, almost as if the local dimming is really slow (i had it on extreme speed). Believe it or not, after I noticed it, I was super annoyed about it.
    Did you noticed it in dark area in games ?

Btw can the crazy nvidia chip be water cooled in the future instead of a fan ? nothing wrong with two water tubes from the PC case to the monitor than from the monitor to the radiator with a custom cooling, i think it will be cool.
    for exmaple, an HDR monitor edition that came with two G1/4 thread on the back as input/output for the water cooling tubes. everything can be water cool, why not the monitor also
    Last edited by ELIESEH; 07-25-2018 at 09:42 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB 3000MHz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD 1TB
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by ELIESEH View Post
    Did you noticed it in dark area in games ?

Btw can the crazy nvidia chip be water cooled in the future instead of a fan ? nothing wrong with two water tubes from the PC case to the monitor than from the monitor to the radiator with a custom cooling, i think it will be cool.
    for exmaple, an HDR monitor edition that came with two G1/4 thread on the back as input/output for the water cooling tubes. everything can be water cool, why not the monitor also
    You can occasionally notice it with a bright image on a dark background. Particularly if it very fast paced like the youtube video i sent.

Banned Array

Just received the ASUS PG27UQ today. The HDR is amazing!! No need for 98Hz 10bit. 120Hz 8bit looks fine and I can't tell a difference with the banding and colors. I have variable backlight set to on even for SDR content. The IPS glow is dirty looking so that's why I keep variable back-light on. My only complaint is Windows set to HDR looks way better on the desktop vs with HDR off. Everything looks way dimmer with HDR off. I don't know if i'm spoiled now with HDR or the SDR nits of this monitor is just too low. My other monitor ASUS MG279Q was way brighter in SDR mode vs the PG27UQ. No complaints with the fan. I can't hear it over my PC with and without open back headphones.
    Also, is the ASUS aura software required to get AURA to work on this monitor? I have AURA enabled on the monitor but it isn't working.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB 3000MHz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD 1TB
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Nikorasu95 View Post
    Just received the ASUS PG27UQ today. The HDR is amazing!! No need for 98Hz 10bit. 120Hz 8bit looks fine and I can't tell a difference with the banding and colors. I have variable backlight set to on even for SDR content. The IPS glow is dirty looking so that's why I keep variable back-light on. My only complaint is Windows set to HDR looks way better on the desktop vs with HDR off. Everything looks way dimmer with HDR off. I don't know if i'm spoiled now with HDR or the SDR nits of this monitor is just too low. My other monitor ASUS MG279Q was way brighter in SDR mode vs the PG27UQ. No complaints with the fan. I can't hear it over my PC with and without open back headphones.
    Also, is the ASUS aura software required to get AURA to work on this monitor? I have AURA enabled on the monitor but it isn't working.
    When you turn on HDR in a game, you automatically get 10bit signal. If you're using above 98hz, you also get chroma subsampling. Theres no way to prevent that.

This is also the first time I heard anyone compliment windows HDR. Windows HDR on desktop should dim the screen, not make it brighter, you might have something set differently or idk. You can always turn up the reference nits in the monitor's OSD.

Everyone who bought this monitor seems to have a problem with Aura sync, so dont bother with it. You are supposed to use the software, I cant find anyone who actually got it to work lol.

Banned Array

When you turn on HDR in a game, you automatically get 10bit signal. If you're using above 98hz, you also get chroma subsampling. Theres no way to prevent that.

This is also the first time I heard anyone compliment windows HDR. Windows HDR on desktop should dim the screen, not make it brighter, you might have something set differently or idk. You can always turn up the reference nits in the monitor's OSD.

Everyone who bought this monitor seems to have a problem with Aura sync, so dont bother with it. You are supposed to use the software, I cant find anyone who actually got it to work lol.
    No. you're quite mistaking. I don't get chroma sampling with HDR at 120Hz. I tested with this https://linustechtips.com/main/uploa...8c8d22f67e.png
    HDR and WCG mode actually looks better for me. It's brighter and more vivid than having it disabled. FYI, I have "brightness for sdr content" set to max. My other monitor is way brighter at SDR. I don't know what's up with the SDR on the ASUS PG27UQ but it's dim compared to my ASUS MG279Q. Also, I just got done testing G-sync and it's not working properly . I downloaded G-SYNC Pendulum Demo and i get screen tearing when my FPS exceeds 94 fps, WTF??
    Last edited by Nikorasu95; 07-26-2018 at 09:56 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nikorasu95 View Post
    No. you're quite mistaking. I don't get chroma sampling with HDR at 120Hz. I tested with this https://linustechtips.com/main/uploa...8c8d22f67e.png
    HDR and WCG mode actually looks better for me. It's brighter and more vivid than having it disabled. FYI, I have "brightness for sdr content" set to max. My other monitor is way brighter at SDR. I don't know what's up with the SDR on the ASUS PG27UQ but it's dim compared to my ASUS MG279Q. Also, I just got done testing G-sync and it's not working properly . I downloaded G-SYNC Pendulum Demo and i get screen tearing when my FPS exceeds 94 fps, WTF??
    That's how G-sync works. Look it up. https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gs...-and-settings/

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by KOT0005 View Post
    That's how G-sync works. Look it up. https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gs...-and-settings/
    i know all about that guide. I'm telling you i'm still getting screen tearing with Gsync enabled.

ROG Junior Member Array

Percieved loudness is subjective, but not as much as you think. One flaw with this is you're not able to capture the frequency of the noise. A high performance fan can have similar decibels at a very low frequency. Low frequency would be just the wind moving through the fan noise. These fans have a high pitch noise compared to normal fans, which most definitely would be a higher than average frequency. You would need something professional to measure that. So your phone has a difficult time accurately measured percieved loudness, it's a very flawed method of measuring.

This is why people are annoyed with the particular fan in the monitor. A lot of people, including myself, are asking for a better fan inside. Humans tend to appreciate low frequency noise than high frequency.

There's like ~40 games with HDR. Most of them not being popular. Most of them not owned by a single consumer. Just looking around, people have at most 5ish games with HDR. Almost no one has more than 10.

A bigger issue is that almost no one have more than a few HDR games they play most of the time (there's only so much time you can spend on a game like assassins creed). Most popular games are stuff with multiplayer and a competitive mode, whether it be an MMO like Dota or FPS like csgo. The only popular games like that with HDR are like battlefield, COD, and some racing games.

There was one more issue with the monitor, and it was like reverse blooming??? Limscave showed it properly, but a moving object on the edge would seem darker. If you move a window to the left, the left edge of the window will be dark, almost as if the local dimming is really slow (i had it on extreme speed). Believe it or not, after I noticed it, I was super annoyed about it.

Actually I notice the same thing, but once switch to gradual mode the issue is gone, median and fast modes all have the issue. Not only in moving object, if one pay attention to the windows boot screen, the blue windows icon's edge becomes slightly yellow-ish, or basically anything that has a bright object in a relatively dark background, the edges and corners are dimmed, and have significant color shift due to this, try the DisplayHDR test you can see the effect easily. This annoys me, as I can tolerate blooming, but I am very sensitive to local color shifts, especially a significant color shift like this.
    Looks to me that the significant less blooming than UP2718Q that I mentioned in one of the post is achieved by aggressively reduce the local brightness around the edge, also by keeping the back-light on (with extremely low brightness) when display image that is completely black. Switching to gradual solve this by using a less aggressive dimming algorithm, but then it makes the blooming much more obvious.
    Now when comparing to UP2718Q, on gradual variable back-light, the LED array's response time on PG27UQ is on par, so the only things that are attractive are G-SYNC and higher than average refresh rate. Looking forward to use the first MiniLED display.
    Last edited by k2mno5; 07-27-2018 at 04:29 AM.

Page 153 of 165 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 ... LastLast