Page 154 of 165 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1647

Thread: Pg27uq

  1. #1531
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    102

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikorasu95 View Post
    i know all about that guide. I'm telling you i'm still getting screen tearing with Gsync enabled.
    well you clearly dont because you are still complaining saying "still getting screen tearing with Gsync enabled"

    you will get tearing if your framerate exceeds your current refresh. Tyr it in a game by limiting your fps
    Last edited by KOT0005; 07-27-2018 at 07:28 AM.

  2. #1532
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    81

    G sync needs also v sync on just only for cap the fps.
    So Just enable g sync and v sync on nvidia control panel and you are ready.

  3. #1533
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Sprayingmango PC Specs
    Sprayingmango PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Late 2017 MacBook Pro 15"
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme X299
    Processori9 7900X
    Memory (part number)G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
    MonitorTriple Asus PG27UQ G-Sync
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo 1TB NVME
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Pro RGB
    CaseCorsair 1000D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G Pro Lightspeed
    Headset No...just no. Sennheiser HD650s w/ Schitt Stack
    Mouse Pad Logitech PowerPlay
    Headset/Speakers Denon 7.2 Atmos w/ Polk Signature Series
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterAsus Rog Rapture GT-5300

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    180

    I have a question that someone might know the answer to regarding this monitor. My current setup is two Asus PG279Q monitors. I want to get the PG27UQ.

    Can I put the PG27UQ 4k display in the center, and have my 1440p 279Q displays on either side? I am running SLI 1080Ti STRIX graphics cards. Will that be enough power to drive the 4k display fine in games? Is there a limit to how many G-Sync displays I can have? I only want the 27UQ to game on, I run monitor software on the other two displays.

  4. #1534
    ROG Member Array Theknystar PC Specs
    Theknystar PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z-87 deluxe
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Memory (part number)16GB ddr3 Dominator Platinum
    Graphics Card #1MSI DUKE 2080TI
    Graphics Card #2MSI DUKE 2080TI
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyZalman 1000 Watt
    Keyboard ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Razer Tapain
    Headset Sennheiser RS165
    Mouse Pad ASUS Cerberus
    Theknystar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprayingmango View Post
    I have a question that someone might know the answer to regarding this monitor. My current setup is two Asus PG279Q monitors. I want to get the PG27UQ.

    Can I put the PG27UQ 4k display in the center, and have my 1440p 279Q displays on either side? I am running SLI 1080Ti STRIX graphics cards. Will that be enough power to drive the 4k display fine in games? Is there a limit to how many G-Sync displays I can have? I only want the 27UQ to game on, I run monitor software on the other two displays.
    I have two 4K monitors now and i have zero problem with gaming on one and watching twitch on the other with 2x 1080ti. Technically you shouldnt have problem with your setup (you might run out of display port )

    What do you mean fine? thats a vague term
    I can do 4K full max settings (if SLI works)

    CSGO 150-160FPS
    BF1 80-90
    WOW 75-150
    Final fantasy XV (with not offical SLI support just nvidia inspector tweak) 4K dlc pack 50-60FPS

    If your SLI doesnt work (like Assasin C.) you are kinda fuc... you have to decrease graph settings.
    So you get a basic idea about it. there are lot of benchmarks on the internet for 4K gaming performance.

    If you dont plan to upgrade for the next nvidia architecture with SLI setup as well i would not recommend 4K gaming with this monitor because you wont benefit from it all the time.

  5. #1535
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Sprayingmango PC Specs
    Sprayingmango PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Late 2017 MacBook Pro 15"
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme X299
    Processori9 7900X
    Memory (part number)G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
    MonitorTriple Asus PG27UQ G-Sync
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo 1TB NVME
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Pro RGB
    CaseCorsair 1000D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G Pro Lightspeed
    Headset No...just no. Sennheiser HD650s w/ Schitt Stack
    Mouse Pad Logitech PowerPlay
    Headset/Speakers Denon 7.2 Atmos w/ Polk Signature Series
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterAsus Rog Rapture GT-5300

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    180

    Quote Originally Posted by Theknystar View Post
    I have two 4K monitors now and i have zero problem with gaming on one and watching twitch on the other with 2x 1080ti. Technically you shouldnt have problem with your setup (you might run out of display port )

    What do you mean fine? thats a vague term
    I can do 4K full max settings (if SLI works)

    CSGO 150-160FPS
    BF1 80-90
    WOW 75-150
    Final fantasy XV (with not offical SLI support just nvidia inspector tweak) 4K dlc pack 50-60FPS

    If your SLI doesnt work (like Assasin C.) you are kinda fuc... you have to decrease graph settings.
    So you get a basic idea about it. there are lot of benchmarks on the internet for 4K gaming performance.

    If you dont plan to upgrade for the next nvidia architecture with SLI setup as well i would not recommend 4K gaming with this monitor because you wont benefit from it all the time.
    Excellent info, exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

  6. #1536
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    73

    Why does V-sync have to be enabled in order for G-sync to work properly?? The whole point of G-sync/free-sync is to eliminate vsync. Also, I had a freesync monitor and I noticed it being a more smooth experience than G-sync. With Gsync I get microstutter or jitter when between 30fps to 50fps with vsync on. I don't get that with V-sync off. I didn't have that issue with freesync. With freesync it was a complete smooth experience as long I was within the freesync range. Also, y'all say to cap my framerate 3 fps below my refresh rate when using G-sync, well I noticed I don't have to do that because it seems to cap by itself anyways when I have v-sync on in the Nvidia control panel. Also, I have a a problem when viewing certain HDR footage on Youtube. If the video is encoded with HLG it's dull and dim, other HDR content looks fine, what's up with that?

  7. #1537
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    102

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikorasu95 View Post
    Why does V-sync have to be enabled in order for G-sync to work properly?? The whole point of G-sync/free-sync is to eliminate vsync. Also, I had a freesync monitor and I noticed it being a more smooth experience than G-sync. With Gsync I get microstutter or jitter when between 30fps to 50fps with vsync on. I don't get that with V-sync off. I didn't have that issue with freesync. With freesync it was a complete smooth experience as long I was within the freesync range. Also, y'all say to cap my framerate 3 fps below my refresh rate when using G-sync, well I noticed I don't have to do that because it seems to cap by itself anyways when I have v-sync on in the Nvidia control panel. Also, I have a a problem when viewing certain HDR footage on Youtube. If the video is encoded with HLG it's dull and dim, other HDR content looks fine, what's up with that?
    Seriously google it op read the stuff up on G-sync optimal settings...You are only noticing tearing because of the 4k screen's performance impact compared to 1440p or 1080p screens

  8. #1538
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    200

    Guys. The PG27UQ is about to arrive at my country at a price tag of $3000. 3 THOUSAND FREAKING DOLLARS!!!! To put this in perspective, it's 50% increase compared to the price in the US and more than twice the price I paid for the OLED C7.

    Despite how much I want to own this god tier 384-zone FALD 4k 144Hz Gsync HDR monitor, sadly there's a limit to how much I'm willing to open my wallet. Maybe I would pay $3000 for a no compromise Dolby Vision MicroLed monitor, but for this monitor, $2000 is already a stretch. I think I'm gonna have to settle for a TV, though I really don't want to due to input lag (I'm a PC gamer), tearing and the big TV size hurts my head.

    Any recommendations for a 55 inch 4K HDR TV that costs less than $2000, ideally $1500? I have had my eyes on the Sony X930E for a long time (price is 1400 usd here) but the measly 60 dimming zones worry me a bit. Don't want to game on OLED because of burn in.

  9. #1539
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
    Guys. The PG27UQ is about to arrive at my country at a price tag of $3000. 3 THOUSAND FREAKING DOLLARS!!!! To put this in perspective, it's 50% increase compared to the price in the US and more than twice the price I paid for the OLED C7.

    Despite how much I want to own this god tier 384-zone FALD 4k 144Hz Gsync HDR monitor, sadly there's a limit to how much I'm willing to open my wallet. Maybe I would pay $3000 for a no compromise Dolby Vision MicroLed monitor, but for this monitor, $2000 is already a stretch. I think I'm gonna have to settle for a TV, though I really don't want to due to input lag (I'm a PC gamer), tearing and the big TV size hurts my head.

    Any recommendations for a 55 inch 4K HDR TV that costs less than $2000, ideally $1500? I have had my eyes on the Sony X930E for a long time (price is 1400 usd here) but the measly 60 dimming zones worry me a bit. Don't want to game on OLED because of burn in.
    Both the OLED and X930E suck for PC gaming. They are great for HDR movies and console games. I cannot even use the desktop at 4K 60 Hz on my OLED because of the horrendous input lag even in PC mode, and the instantaneous pixel response time makes everything judder. Even if the OLED had G-SYNC, the instantaneous pixel response time would make it painful to look at. Reducing it to 1080p 120 Hz improves the smoothness but the 20 ms input lag is still horrendous and judder is still visible. You need to switch on motion blur in-game to make it look smooth.
    Last edited by kathampy; 07-30-2018 at 07:03 AM.

  10. #1540
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    200

    Quote Originally Posted by kathampy View Post
    Both the OLED and X930E suck for PC gaming. They are great for HDR movies and console games. I cannot even use the desktop at 4K 60 Hz on my OLED because of the horrendous input lag even in PC mode, and the instantaneous pixel response time makes everything judder. Even if the OLED had G-SYNC, the instantaneous pixel response time would make it painful to look at. Reducing it to 1080p 120 Hz improves the smoothness but the 20 ms input lag is still horrendous and judder is still visible. You need to switch on motion blur in-game to make it look smooth.
    lol god dammit

    I will try PC gaming on the C7 and see how it is

    maybe I should go for console gaming for the ease of mind...Building 4K pc rig has become way too expensive recently, especially at where I live. RAM & GPU price are ridiculous. A GTX 1080 Ti here cost more than $1000. And now this monitor is $3000. Not to say pc games are either horrendously optimized or do not support HDR.

Page 154 of 165 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •