MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyZalman 1000 Watt
    Keyboard ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Razer Tapain
    Headset Sennheiser RS165
    Mouse Pad ASUS Cerberus

I dont understand why people trying so hard to play on a big TV... non of them have good response time, NONE. its just extra casual... which is fine! im not saying it cant give you nice experience with singleplayer games BUT you cant see the minimap, you cant see hp bars, only if you move your head. if you have to move your head you already lost in a competative game. Also If you sitting 30 miles away from it whats even the point? The head movement is my problem with ultrawides as well... looks cool... sometimes nice (especially if your video editor scales with it) but it doesnt actually works for most gaming situations.

I think a lot of people misunderstanding this monitor and its purpose.
    Obviously its expensive and thats bringing up a lot of other cool things to buy rather than this monitor. Im gonna tell a secret to those poeple who thinks a big TV is a better deal than this. The reality of the situasion is that you dont need this monitor and its capabilities if you are hesitating between the two and thats all! You might be even happier with your TV than this monitor at the end of the day.

-Other-

i couldnt play CSGO with my pg27aq with gsync on because the 60 fps and gsync just simply doesnt worked and it even caused random micro stutter. I had to disable gsync and live with tear on that game. Even if i limited my FPS gsync still wouldnt function. When i turned vsync on the imput lag was also noticable so no thanks, i rather watched tearing

The gsync works flawlessly for me in this monitor now in csgo and obviously on other games as well! absolutely loving it Maybe the new 3GB ram in the gsync module actually doing something... who knows...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I mean this monitor is crazy expensive but TV's just dont hold a candle to it for gaming. You might as well play on xbox one x /Ps4 pro if you wana play on a big TV.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB 3000MHz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

An OLED TV will have superior visual quality compared to these monitors. Console gamers use TVs and they all enjoy them. The only benefit for a monitor is less response time/input lag, and gsync. You can certainly notice the difference, but I wouldn't go as far to say that an OLED TV sucks for gaming, infact they're very successful for gamers, since they're so beautiful. Using an OLED TV for normal desktop use would be a bad mistake though, so you'd have to buy one only for gaming and cable TV. As someone with both a console and PC, and plays fast paced FPS games, I couldn't care less about input lag. Preference is different, If I could get an OLED TV with low input lag, you bet I would buy that.

Even if the lag is noticeable between the monitors, it's pretty easy to disregard it if you're not a picky person. I would never buy an OLED TV for PC because of how big they are. Freaken 55 inches is the smallest I can find lmao.
    Last edited by kevinmaster5000; 07-30-2018 at 04:58 PM.

ROG Member Array Theknystar PC Specs
    Theknystar PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z-87 deluxe
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Memory (part number)16GB ddr3 Dominator Platinum
    Graphics Card #1MSI DUKE 2080TI
    Graphics Card #2MSI DUKE 2080TI
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    CaseNZXT H440
    Keyboard ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Razer Tapain
    Headset Sennheiser RS165
    Mouse Pad ASUS Cerberus

There you guys.... heres the competition... no drawbacks or compromises at as all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsytUzKrP58 [sarcasm included]

Banned Array

This monitor is always on. I noticed when I pressed the power button on the monitor I can still see an image. Only thing pressing the power button does is turn off all LEDs on the monitor including the aesthetic ones. At first, I thought it was burn-in, but IPS getting burn-in is unheard of. Yall can try it yourselves. Have a program window open that is white and then turn the monitor off. Now shine a flashlight in that area and your see the window still being shown.

Theknystar PC Specs
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    CaseNZXT H440
    Keyboard ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Razer Tapain
    Headset Sennheiser RS165
    Mouse Pad ASUS Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Nikorasu95 View Post
    This monitor is always on. I noticed when I pressed the power button on the monitor I can still see an image. Only thing pressing the power button does is turn off all LEDs on the monitor including the aesthetic ones. At first, I thought it was burn-in, but IPS getting burn-in is unheard of. Yall can try it yourselves. Have a program window open that is white and then turn the monitor off. Now shine a flashlight in that area and your see the window still being shown.
    LOL WTF... you are absolutly right! i can even see the mouse moving. whats the point of that? Why do we even have a power button?

ROG Enthusiast Array KuraiShidosha PC Specs
    KuraiShidosha PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus IX Hero
    ProcessorIntel i7 7700k 4.8Ghz
    Memory (part number)G-Skill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz DDR4 16GB
    Sound CardCreative SoundBlaster X-Fi
    MonitorAcer P243w
    Storage #1Samsung 830 256GB
    Storage #2Western Digital Caviar Black 5TB 7200RPM
    CPU CoolerThermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 850w Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Can you guys hook it up to a UPS or something that tracks watts usage and see how much it drops when you "turn it off"? Or if it doesn't drop at all? Because that would be a tremendous finding if it draws the same amount of power off and on. Like, huge big deal that will cause a recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Theknystar View Post
    LOL WTF... you are absolutly right! i can even see the mouse moving. whats the point of that? Why do we even have a power button?
    Hmm you guys are right. Does this happen even after the fan is off ? I think it stays on until it coolsdown, hence why you can hear the fan still going.
    Last edited by KOT0005; 08-01-2018 at 10:26 AM.

I can confirm that it turns off completely once the fan switches off.

Theknystar PC Specs
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    CaseNZXT H440
    Keyboard ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Razer Tapain
    Headset Sennheiser RS165
    Mouse Pad ASUS Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by KuraiShidosha View Post
    Can you guys hook it up to a UPS or something that tracks watts usage and see how much it drops when you "turn it off"? Or if it doesn't drop at all? Because that would be a tremendous finding if it draws the same amount of power off and on. Like, huge big deal that will cause a recall.
    i bought a watt electricity usage monitor, very interesting numbers. My Pg27aq using about 45-50Watt when its on and when i turn it off with the button its absolute 0.

Now the pg27uq.... I though it will use more electricity since the ac/dc module is like twice as big as my pg27aq but its not much more... now the pg27uq is using about 70-75 watt (no matter what refresh rate or settings) and when i turn it off with the button its still using 33 watt. Its obviously not normal imo, although i believe if asus is aware of this then it can be solved with a firmware update... we will need one anyway... also the fan not turning off for me.. like ever... its not loud its not annoying but we know the rule... "If anything can go wrong, it will". especially with moving parts like a fan.

Any official asus comment on this would be greatly appreciated!

-edit-
    Oh. i found the missig watts.... when i turn on HDR for games it can go above 125 watts
    Last edited by Theknystar; 08-01-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Page 155 of 165 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast