CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyZalman 1000 Watt
    Keyboard ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Razer Tapain
    Headset Sennheiser RS165
    Mouse Pad ASUS Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    This screen is on sale atm here in EU..shoul di buy it or is there issues i should know ?
    The sale end on sunday so plz enlight me before i buy
    Sorry the forum is kinda "dead" since there is not much else to say about the monitor and im late with my reply.

This is my conculsion with the monitor and im only gonna mention the negatives so you can decide if you can live with these since this monitor is crazy good and im very happy with my purchase overall!
    (FYI all of this have been mentioned in earlier posts)

-Halo effect which might bother you
    -27" which is small for some people
    -Not the best QC, you might not get the best quality with the first and you might end up RMA it for a better one.
    -Price
    -Fan noise (only bad if you have an absolute silence rig / room)
    -Above 98Hz you loose the 4:4:4 (not a big deal, to be honest i dont even see the difference between the 4:4:4 and 4:4:2)
    -Dont even try to run this without 2x1080TI but i would say that even 2x2080TI is not enough sometimes. (although this is not the monitor fault )

Other than that its a fantastic monitor. These negatives are far less what other monitors can say about themself! i hope it will serve me for many years.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array ELIESEH PC Specs
    ELIESEH PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-6900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4A2400C14
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G
    MonitorACER XB271HU
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 256 GB
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB
    CPU CoolerHydro Series™ H115i
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Power SupplyCooler Master V1000
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-N66U

I want the PG35VQ with VA panel because IPS panels have much higher chance of developing dead/stuck pixels.
    Waiting for PG35VQ.*

ROG Junior Member Array

So my PG27UQ died this morning, I got it on 6/18 and it's been used nearly every day.

Went to sleep w/ my computer in sleep mode, woke up and the monitor wont turn on at all, but the second display came out of sleep mode fine. It's been plugged into a surge protector so I don't think anything happened there, the rest of the PC components are plugged into the same surge protector. I did try plugging it into another outlet outside the surge protector and it still wont power up, checked all connections too.

I guess I'm shipping it back, I think I'm still under warranty... anyone else have a similar issue?

ROG Junior Member Array

Weird! It turned on again, not sure what changed, hopefully it doesn't happen again!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by graffin206 View Post
    So my PG27UQ died this morning, I got it on 6/18 and it's been used nearly every day.

Went to sleep w/ my computer in sleep mode, woke up and the monitor wont turn on at all, but the second display came out of sleep mode fine. It's been plugged into a surge protector so I don't think anything happened there, the rest of the PC components are plugged into the same surge protector. I did try plugging it into another outlet outside the surge protector and it still wont power up, checked all connections too.

I guess I'm shipping it back, I think I'm still under warranty... anyone else have a similar issue?

Yes, see here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...162#post739633

I had to RMA mine, they replaced the 'g-sync card in it' and sent it back to me, so far so good...

ROG Junior Member Array

hey anyone recently finding the monitor is less bright ? it feels SDR in HDR , reinstalled drivers and all but nothing, did DISPLAYHDR TEST on windows store and its cleary less bright than before, any clue ?

ROG Member Array

There are currently no HDR1000 monitors with FreeSync so it would be nice to see a FreeSync version of this monitor in the future.*

NVIDIA finally supports FreeSync.
    Since I tend to use my monitor way longer than my GPUs it would be great to have the option to pair my monitor with any upcoming GPU I want.

New ROGer Array

Hi,

i want to buy that monitor but can somebody tell me if the monitor is capable of playing UHD HDR movies from PC or from an UHD blu ray player. Thanks for the help.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array briansu PC Specs
    briansu PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th Gen (Dolby Vision screen)
    MotherboardASUS Z270 Maximus IX Formula
    Processori7-7700K 4.5 GHz
    Memory (part number)64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz @ CL 14
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2HGST Ultrastar He12 Helium
    CPU CoolerEK-Supremacy EVO - Gold
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series™ 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i Digital ATX Power Supply
    Keyboard Ducky Channel Shine 5 Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX Switch RGB Lighting - Brown
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Speed Terra
    OS Window 10 Pro 64-Bit
    Accessory #1 LG BH16NS55

Quote Originally Posted by chrtp91 View Post
    Hi,

i want to buy that monitor but can somebody tell me if the monitor is capable of playing UHD HDR movies from PC or from an UHD blu ray player. Thanks for the help.
    Yes it supports HDCP 2.2 so you will be able to play HDR movies from PC and Blu-Ray player. I am using this for my PC.

Just keep the following in mind:

1) HDR is becoming more and more obsolete and gradually replaced by Dolby Vision which this monitor doesn't support

2) To play 4K Blu-Ray on your PC it needs to support Intel SGX which means you'll need a supported CPU, Motherboard and Blu-Ray drive that supports AACS 2.0 you can't use an NVIDIA nor AMD GPU.
    ASUS Z270 Maximus IX Formula / i7-7700K 4.5GHz / EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING / ASUS PG27UQ / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz @ CL 14 / Samsung 960 Pro 512GB / HGST Ultrastar He12 Helium / LG BH16NS55 / Corsair AX1200i / Window 10 Pro 64-Bit

3DMark Results

Time Spy 1.0 SLI ENABLED = 13,575

http://bit.ly/2rEWbTT
    Fire Strike 1.1 Extreme Edition SLI ENABLED = 19,563
    http://bit.ly/2rqdhb6
    Fire Strike 1.1 Extreme Edition SLI DISABLED = 12,750
    http://bit.ly/2qL2IMW

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by briansu View Post
    Yes it supports HDCP 2.2 so you will be able to play HDR movies from PC and Blu-Ray player. I am using this for my PC.

Just keep the following in mind:

1) HDR is becoming more and more obsolete and gradually replaced by Dolby Vision which this monitor doesn't support

2) To play 4K Blu-Ray on your PC it needs to support Intel SGX which means you'll need a supported CPU, Motherboard and Blu-Ray drive that supports AACS 2.0 you can't use an NVIDIA nor AMD GPU.
    Thanks for the information. I know the struggle with aac 2.0 and that´s currently not possible to use it on pc. As far as i know the blu ray with dolby vision also got the HDR10 information wich the monitor supports.

Page 164 of 165 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 LastLast